PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Unpopular Opinions

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion >

Pages: 123456··· 118119120

fÙwÚrret's AvatarfÙwÚrret
I hate same-looking shinies a lot. Like??? Are you a shiny??? normal??? What even a r e you???
hoarding
timid nature prefered
fav types fav poke
idol hell is keeping me hostage self-proclaimed furret mother
code-hercules avatar background previously known as aisuchi
So, I'll dive into some other franchises as well just now. -Twintelle isn't my cup of tea, come fight me. i actually like ribbon girl -I hate shiny Solgaleo. -I actually enjoyed the Wii U. Not sure if this counts..
LKWayvern's AvatarLKWayvern
Unpopular opinion. Gates to Infinity was not as bad as people seem to think it is. It was pretty okay. It had a phenomenal soundtrack, and a lot of interesting ideas(multiple humans being summoned, entercards and magnagates, the idea of a 'Voice of Life'). I freaking adore the twist with Munna and Hydreigon, and that twist made Munna my favorite character in PMD, even more than Grovyle(probably an EXTREMELY unpopular opinion >:3). I loved a lot of the characters' personalities, especially the dynamic between Dunsparce, Emolga, and Virizion. I loved the backstories of so many of the characters, particularly Gurdurr's and Timburr's backstory, Munna's backstory, and the past relationship between Virizion and Keldeo. I will admit that Gates to Infinity had a lot of problems. It irked me that I could not speed up the text, that I could not take on multiple missions as in the past, that I could not nickname Pokemon. And there were multiple things that could have been explored far more-- like perhaps having the protagonist meet one of the other humans sent to the Pokemon world. But I thought Gates to Infinity was better than the fans make it seem. A lot of people make it sound like GtI is a pile of trash with no redeeming qualities whatsoever. If that's true, I dare you to at least listen to the ost and tell me that that isn't at least a little enjoyable. Also apparently unpopular opinion, a certain Pokemon being popular or unpopular does not affect how much I love it at all. I like that Pokemon because I like that Pokemon.
Day after day, give me clouds and rain and grey Give me pain if that's what's real, it's the price we pay to feel The price of love is loss, but still we pay We love anyway
Niet's AvatarNiet
The main issue is that Time/Darkness/Sky set the bar very very high and GtI - while it was good - just fell way short of that bar. It was a good story, decent game, but it just wasn't nearly as memorable as T/D/S. I think the main issue is that there were too many characters involved. T/D/S is almost completely focussed around you, your partner, and Grovyle. This allows it to build up to the very strong climax. You have supporting characters, sure, but that's just it: supporting. Meanwhile GtI tries to have at least a dozen "main characters" and it just results in an inability to truly invest in your own character. So there ya go - it's not that the game was bad, it's just that it fell short of high expectations and tried too hard in the process. Now, I suppose I need an unpopular opinion... I still don't enjoy games like PFQ. It's just not my kind of game. But clearly other people enjoy it a lot and so I'll continue developing it. Also, the secret thing I'm working on is really exciting :3
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Zen's AvatarZen
Personally, I feel like GtI was more a test than anything to see how well it would do on 3DS, since Super Mystery Dungeons came out afterwards. I hated the twist ending for SMD. Most of my friends liked it, since it wasn't the same as all other mystery dungeon games, but I didn't. Sure, they pulled it off well, but it was honestly just too expected for me after I saw it. You get the same thing over and over, so you learn to expect it but then they change it. Honestly, I had been expecting the change since I played Blue Rescue Team, Explorers of Time, Explorers of Sky and GtI. And from most games I play that has the same thing over and over they tend to change it. A good example being NieR. Many people I've talked to expected Automata to only have 4 endings with one being the same as Ending D in NieR, only to find out there's also joke endings. So... yeah. I tend to expect changes and seeing mystery dungeons suddenly decide to do such a huge change was just meh, boring and stupid to me rather than, "Oh nice they changed it finally."
Avatar by gezeichnet. My shop I do gem hunts, box hunts, dexing, have items and even breeding pairs.
Lørd Pyrøn's AvatarLørd Pyrøn

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

The main issue is that Time/Darkness/Sky set the bar very very high and GtI - while it was good - just fell way short of that bar. It was a good story, decent game, but it just wasn't nearly as memorable as T/D/S. I think the main issue is that there were too many characters involved. T/D/S is almost completely focussed around you, your partner, and Grovyle. This allows it to build up to the very strong climax. You have supporting characters, sure, but that's just it: supporting. Meanwhile GtI tries to have at least a dozen "main characters" and it just results in an inability to truly invest in your own character. So there ya go - it's not that the game was bad, it's just that it fell short of high expectations and tried too hard in the process. Now, I suppose I need an unpopular opinion... I still don't enjoy games like PFQ. It's just not my kind of game. But clearly other people enjoy it a lot and so I'll continue developing it. Also, the secret thing I'm working on is really exciting :3
^This. Explorers was perhaps too good that the others suffers, though I would still consider Sky to be the best. Anyway on to unpopular opinions: I think that Gen 1 is worse than Gen 6. Ignoring some of the early weirdness aside Kanto is rather dull and boring as a region to go through with the only characters to actually care for be the PC and his rival, a lot of the pokemon are forgettable, the overzealous fanboyism of Charizard (which I could go on about for a long time) and Mewtwo and the constant bashing of Gen 5 over two not so great pokemon has made me dislike Gen 1 more than Gen 6. At least the designs for the Gen 6 pokemon have interesting more designs to them than Gen 1 overall. The only reason I remember half of them is from the anime which is more interesting than the games. Kanto has snakes, golems and dragons (, , ). Unova also has snakes, golems and dragons (, , ) and these are better designed and more useful in battle.
✸ ✸ ✸ ✸ ✸ ◉_◉ Pointless. ◉_◉
Eggy's AvatarEggy
As a person who kinda likes G1 (really, I actually have no preference aside from maybe Hoenn, Johto and Sinnoh), I can see where the "G1 is overated" thing comes from; I agree the Pokemon from then aren't anything absurdly special, though to be fair Gamefreak was still a fairly fresh company when they first released Pokemon and of course you can't always be perfect on your first try XD I mean, alongside the simple designs, the very first renditions of the original R/B/Y series also featured... rather strange looking sprites with various flaws galore (I'm looking at you Mew). As for my unpopular opinions: - In G1, when I pick a starter, I tend to gravitate towards Bulbasaur. I think Squirtle and Charmander are cute too, but I think there's something about Bulbasaur that pokes at my bias. Aside from having an advantage against the first two gyms anyway. - I don't know if this counts, but I have no least favorite Pokemon like most people do. Maybe because there's so many that I can't remember them all, but from what I know there's not a single Pokemon for which I bear ill will. Maybe Huntail throws me off a little but I don't hate it - I typically don't care for most popular Pokemon like Sylveon, Charizard, Lucario, Greninja etc., although I do have a couple of exceptions - I like some of the less popular Pokemon like Bidoof, the aforementioned Bulbasaur, Popplio, Chatot and Dunsparce, usually on the account of being cute and/or just something that interests me
Click my party? :) Avatar: Mega Rapidash Q © Pokefarm Q, edited by me with permission
Rissan's AvatarRissan

QUOTE originally posted by Lørd Pyrøn

At least the designs for the Gen 6 pokemon have interesting more designs to them than Gen 1 overall. The only reason I remember half of them is from the anime which is more interesting than the games. Kanto has snakes, golems and dragons (, , ). Unova also has snakes, golems and dragons (, , ) and these are better designed and more useful in battle.
I've always been under the impression that the similarities between gen 1 and gen 5 designs were actually deliberate, and playing through the games sometimes felt reminiscent of RB - not that that's a bad thing, and at least BW had a post-game after an interesting storyline. The gen 1 post game was throwing a standard Pokéball at Mewtwo for laughs and laughing even harder when it actually worked. Also, I actually like the shiny design for Dragonite. It reminds me of Elliot from Pete's Dragon.
journal || shop Glory || they/them
angelkitty's Avatarangelkitty
i love gen 2 girafarig shuckle i love gen 6 my faverate pony is sprinkles g1 and i would love her to see swanna and ducklett i want more pokemon crossovers
SkullBoss's AvatarSkullBoss
i think that black and white were a great fresh start for the series. by making you use the new pokemon for the main story, you got familiar with pokemon you might not have used if your old favorites were in the bulk of the game. i don't know if this is related, but most of my favorite pokemon/pokemon designs are from gen V! (not to mention gen V was soooo good to bug pokemon. galvantula, volcarona, leavanny, scolipede, escavalier and accelgor, crustle...) another unpopular opinion, but more unpopular due to like... personal experience, than anything, i guess. i love sun and moon for a lot of reasons, but one of the biggest things for me is the AMAZING job the localization team did. my boyfriend's lived in hawaii his whole life, and he was so happy playing the games just because of the little things: characters like hau, kukui, and even nameless npcs talking local and speaking pidgin (albeit, a watered down version). also just other fun nods like yungoos mirroring the actual mongoose population in hawaii, and their dex entries/backstory being a parallel to how when mongoose were introduced to hawaii that they kind of... ruined the population of a ton of other animals there. not to mention ten karat hill and diamondhead :p and the abandoned safeway lol but yeah, i dont know. people complain about kukui saying "yeah" a lot and stuff but it makes me happy because that's how lots of local people... yknow. actually talk in hawaii.

Pages: 123456··· 118119120

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2019 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | WikiGet shortlink for this page