PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Regarding Site Downtime

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 567

Salted Neos's AvatarSalted Neos
I think he meant those who were accused of botting but weren't
Cybress's AvatarCybress
I dont get botters... or autoclickers....wtas thepint/ the troble is not worth it Xb
Elkara's AvatarElkara
I admit, I was kind of freaked out there for a while. I just moved, got my new internet working, came on here (for the first time in several days) and... couldn't even click my party. I thought it was my internet. I'm sorry Pokefarm was added to the recent string of DDoS attacks. And thank you for fixing it so quickly! I know of a few other places that are still suffering with DDoS attacks and are being verbally attacked by users.
Solarion's AvatarSolarion

QUOTE originally posted by Ravyne

(here's a quick link to the rules) This is referenced under section 9, subheading B regarding account control. If it isn't your fingers clicking the mouse or typing on the keyboard, you are in violation of account control rules.
I'm gone for a week and come back to this. *shakes head* I'm sad to hear the site got hit by a DDoS. These things should be outlawed. Anyway, I had a bit of a question. It's said that one's fingers must touch a mouse or a key. What about touchscreens? There's no mouse, no keys, and laptop touchscreens like mine can be really, really fast. Of course, I don't use any bots or anything like that, but - yeah. I'm not even sure how a touchscreen could be proven through livestream. No mouse to follow or keypresses to see, it's just fingers tapping the screen.
Shazi's AvatarShazi
In my experience with touchscreens they're slower than mouseclicks, but i'm still sure an Interactions per second count is still possible
498 Ice Fangs
102 Gray Stones
Mass Click Association - My Shop - Guide to 90%+ Pairs
Signature by Cele, Avatar by Me
Petaminx's AvatarPetaminx
@Solarion Touchscreen is allowed as long as you are the one tapping the screen.
Solarion's AvatarSolarion

QUOTE originally posted by Shazï

In my experience with touchscreens they're slower than mouseclicks, but i'm still sure an Interactions per second count is still possible
For me it's the reverse. Using my computer's touchscreen is way faster than the touchpad. Hm, I suppose so.

QUOTE originally posted by Petaminx

@Solarion Touchscreen is allowed as long as you are the one tapping the screen.
That's a relief, Petaminx.
Hattercrow's AvatarHattercrow
Just out of, um, interest - is Linkclump against the rules? I read in one post that things that allow you to open up large amounts of links at once aren't allowed, but I'm not sure since it's me that's clicking all of the Pokemon myself; I just right click and drag over a list of names and their Parties open up.
"The eyes are open, the mouth moves, but Mr Brain has long since departed, hasn't he, Percy?" - Edmund Blackadder to Lord Percy; Blackadder II. Also applies to me sometimes.
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
You answered yourself.

QUOTE originally posted by Snowblind

things that allow you to open up large amounts of links at once aren't allowed
Linkclump and similar things absolutely HAMMER the server with requests! This is why manually opening the links in tabs is okay, but Snaplinks/Linkclumps/similar things are not: just the fraction of time it takes you to move the mouse to the next link is enough to let the server keep on top of things.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!

Pages: 123··· 567

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page