PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Gym Forum Rules

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Battles > Gyms >

Pages: 12345678

Hello! I read through the thread and am still a little confused on somethings, so I was wondering if I could get some clarification. Extremely sorry for how long this is aswell! ^^ I wanted to make a gym challenge like in the games with 8 gym leaders, an elite four and a champion (total 13 trainers to battle), each with 6 pokemon (total 78 pokemon), but based on the info in this thread it looks like I either 1. Am not allowed to have that many in one thread 2. Need to have them in tiers or 3. Need to have everyone below the champion be "Underling Trainers". (As a note, Gym Leaders would be "weaker" than elite four, elite four would be weaker than the champion, you get the deal. And another note, you wouldn't have to beat all of the gym leaders to challenge the elite four, and you don't have to beat all of the elite four to beat the champion.
4/8 Gym Leaders -> 2/4 Elite Four -> Champion
) Also, some of the questions that were replied to also confuse me.

Two quotes

QUOTE originally posted by Suríya

QUOTE originally posted by Acer-of-spades

Is it posible to have two Gym leaders??
No, but a Gym may have 'underling trainers'. This is in keeping with the canon and the fact that all users may only have one Gym on our site. Allowing a second full "Leader" within a Gym would prevent the second person from starting their own Gym. One person should always be the primary Leader -- that's not to say the other person cannot be an underling (meaning a lesser) trainer, however.

QUOTE originally posted by Prf X

Can we do a Elite Four like gym run only by one user?
Seems odd, but it's no different than a multi-tier Gym, so yes. As long as it's in one thread.
These quotes feel like they're clashing. One quote says that two gym leaders cant be in one gym, while the other says that an elite-four type gym is fine because its no different from a tier gym. Does that mean multiple gym leaders/elite four can be in one "gym" as long as they're in tiers? (ex. Gym Leaders in a Gym Leader tier, Elite Four in an Elite Four Tier) And if thats the case, is there a max to how many there can be in one tier? Or a general limit for how many can be in one gym? Once again, thank you for your time if you respond! ^^
| GIF is of Ralsei from Deltarune (Toby Fox). |
Suríya's AvatarSuríya
I apologize if the responses were confusing, those were based on two very specific Gyms those people had at the time. The answer is that each person is allowed to be a Gym Leader in their own thread. However, in another's thread, they would be considered 'underling' trainers. Additionally this forum is set up for single Gyms -- not necessarily tiered tournament style Gyms like an elite four challenge you have described here. The idea is that each thread is something like the Gym you would find in the canon; several trainers (or none) that you would defeat leading up to the Gym's actual Gym Leader for a single badge. Canonically it's very rare for there to be more than one Leader for the same Gym; there are only a few exceptions to this rule and they all only gave the single badge associated with the Gym. A set up like you are suggesting is... extremely complicated. It doesn't seem to follow the intended use of the Gym forum. It might be better if you set this up in Battles where it wouldn't require the Gym rules we have set forth and could, perhaps, integrate other people's threads in Battles if you want to work with additional users on it.
Current Hunt: Dunsparce (Mega) Chain Length: 0 — Shiny Total: 0 — Melans: 1/3
All UFT pokemon can be found in my fields. No trade PMs please.

Latest post quote, hidden to take up less space

I apologize if the responses were confusing, those were based on two very specific Gyms those people had at the time. The answer is that each person is allowed to be a Gym Leader in their own thread. However, in another's thread, they would be considered 'underling' trainers. Additionally this forum is set up for single Gyms -- not necessarily tiered tournament style Gyms like an elite four challenge you have described here. The idea is that each thread is something like the Gym you would find in the canon; several trainers (or none) that you would defeat leading up to the Gym's actual Gym Leader for a single badge. Canonically it's very rare for there to be more than one Leader for the same Gym; there are only a few exceptions to this rule and they all only gave the single badge associated with the Gym. A set up like you are suggesting is... extremely complicated. It doesn't seem to follow the intended use of the Gym forum. It might be better if you set this up in Battles where it wouldn't require the Gym rules we have set forth and could, perhaps, integrate other people's threads in Battles if you want to work with additional users on it.
Ah! Thank you for the information, Suriya. I didn't even think about using the battle forums because I thought i'd have to use the gyms forum for a kind of big planned thing like this (and also because I assumed anything related to gym leaders has to be in the gym forum) and the battles forum would probably be easier for me to work with. Also hope your day goes well, Suriya!
Suríya's AvatarSuríya
To be clear, you wouldn't really be able to call it a Gym in the Battles forum. It would be set up apart from the Gyms and different. If you use a Gym it would be one and hosted here, the Elite Four type of thing is more of a Battle forum situation.

... The idea is that each thread is something like the Gym you would find in the canon; several trainers (or none) that you would defeat leading up to the Gym's actual Gym Leader for a single badge. Canonically it's very rare for there to be more than one Leader for the same Gym; there are only a few exceptions to this rule and they all only gave the single badge associated with the Gym. ...
Hello! I hope you won't mind me asking for clarification on this part. Is it against the rules for gyms to be tier formatted, with a different badge given based on the tier challenged? Based on the quote above, it sounds as though gyms are to be allowed only one badge, regardless of the format. However, this isn't listed in the Gym Rules, and I have seen/challenged many gyms that have multiple badges and award them depending on the chosen tier. And one more question, are gyms supposed to have all information in one post or are we allowed to break them into two or more posts in similar way to trade shops? Thank you in advance!
Offering 20.000 for 6IV Ditto Disclaimer: I'm not native English speaker. Please read my posts and messages in calm and friendly tone, and do ask for further clarification in case of confusion. Thank you! ~
Suríya's AvatarSuríya

QUOTE originally posted by Rebecca Gold

... The idea is that each thread is something like the Gym you would find in the canon; several trainers (or none) that you would defeat leading up to the Gym's actual Gym Leader for a single badge. Canonically it's very rare for there to be more than one Leader for the same Gym; there are only a few exceptions to this rule and they all only gave the single badge associated with the Gym. ...
Hello! I hope you won't mind me asking for clarification on this part. Is it against the rules for gyms to be tier formatted, with a different badge given based on the tier challenged? Based on the quote above, it sounds as though gyms are to be allowed only one badge, regardless of the format. However, this isn't listed in the Gym Rules, and I have seen/challenged many gyms that have multiple badges and award them depending on the chosen tier. And one more question, are gyms supposed to have all information in one post or are we allowed to break them into two or more posts in similar way to trade shops? Thank you in advance!
These multi-badge Gyms are run by a single person not multiple Gym Leaders in one thread which was the point of the question. :) *edit* -- further clarifying, the original question is also set up as a tournament, not as a Gym which is the other reason they got a response that they did. And yes, they can be split into multiple posts if that is what the Leader wishes, as long as all rules are followed for the Gym Forum.

These multi-badge Gyms are run by a single person not multiple Gym Leaders in one thread which was the point of the question. :) And yes, they can be split into multiple posts if that is what the Leader wishes, as long as all rules are followed for the Gym Forum.
I understand it clearly now, thank you very much for the quick reply!! ^^
Síoraíocht's AvatarSíoraíocht
This might be an incredibly dumb question, but I figured I'd ask regardless. It's involving the idea of tiered/underling-trainer style gyms. If I wanted to be incredibly extra with 'setting the scene' (I guess. Not like jumping into RP or something like that, but...some inconsequential details for aesthetics/ambience), rather than recruiting a bunch of 'underlings', would it be against the rules if I designed 'NPCs' with their own teams that I could just run myself, to keep things simple? (Not saying that I'd make seperate accounts or anything for them either. If anything it would just be a sprite edit to represent or a bust doodle.) I assume it isn't a breach in rules, but I also didn't want to just run on my assumption and be wrong. xD also sorry for being a bit long-winded. <3 Thanks for your time in advance.
* .. * .. * .. * << RP? - - - Profile >>
^ sprite edit by me
Happy Pride Month! * .. * .. * .. *
so if i drew the badge myself on aggie, how do i send proof? do i just say made it myself or something?
"Riddle me this, what makes the world go round? Why that's right, IT'S LOVE! Well, that and inertia along with the north and south poles, we don't talk about that tho."
What if one of my gyms gets deleted? Can I make a new one?
!

Pages: 12345678

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page