PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

$ The Unofficial Item Pricing Guide $

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Guides >

Pages: 1234

POLL: Do you find the second post to be helpful?

Total votes: 75

You must be logged in to vote.

POLL: How accurate do you feel that these prices are to the prices you see on the trade forums? (V.2)

Total votes: 46

You must be logged in to vote.

ICEBÜNN's AvatarICEBÜNN
$ The Unofficial Pokefarm Item Pricing Guide $ Updated: Dec/28/2023 (Updated numbers to be consistent)

A Foreword

Welcome to my Item Pricing Guide!

DISCLAIMER

Everything stated in this guide is in NO way telling anyone how you should sell your items. Everything here is observation and suggestion. Numbers and suggestions will be updated as the market fluctuates. Please take everything said in this guide with a grain of salt. The LAST thing I wish to attract is price policing so please remember- this guide is not for setting or enforcing standards. I am only one person, and all that I can offer is my advice and my own research. Please remember this when posting and asking questions or for advice. I do not enforce any form of pricing. Advice and suggestions will only be given when asked for, and I will be sure to include this disclaimer whenever offering advice or presenting market observations. If there are any issues with my thread, then please feel free to let me know.
What is this guide for, you might ask? This is a guide that consists of a compilation of market research displaying the current prices and trends happening in the trade forums, entirely based off of recent trade threads in the Trades Forum, along with my 5+ years of consistent trade forum-watching. If you’re new to selling on the trade forums and have no idea what pokemon or items sell for, this guide can be a good starting point to figuring out how! Or if you’re a more veteran player, but unsure of an item’s value upon your return, this is a good place to look/ask to get a good idea of where to start. If you have an inquiry, on a certain item or Pokémon, please post in this thread. I can help provide you with observations of prices I’ve noticed, as well as trade threads and shops where people are selling the same thing, so that you can see for yourself. I want all inquiries to take place publicly in this thread, for transparency and to provide assurance that I am honest, trustworthy, and to assure that anything involved in this thread stays here. Furthermore, if you feel like something in this guide isn’t accurate, please comment or DM me.

FAQ

Q: Will this guide include information from the Market Board? A: No, the numbers listed here will generally have nothing to do with the Market Board prices, unless stated. Certain economics stated or listed in this guide might apply to it, but we will not record market prices, as they are already very well recorded. They might be quoted at times, but not recorded. This thread is mostly for Trade Forum data. Q: How similar are the prices on the Trade Forums to prices on the Market Board? A: They are sometimes similar, but there are differences. Sometimes they can even vary drastically. Q: The numbers in this thread are not accurate. Will you please update them? A: I will try to update at least every two months, bare minimum. I usually check more often, but if i ever become inactive, I will say so in the thread. If someone points out incorrect numbers, I will personally investigate and observe any trades for that specific item. If the numbers need updating, then I will update them. I have been thoroughly scouting the trade forums every 1-2 weeks on average for the past 5 years, so if anything seems to make a change, I’d notice it. That being said, please feel free to let me know if you see any inconsistencies. Q: I don’t agree with the prices in this thread. Do I need to use them? A: Absolutely not. Your items, your prices! List your items at prices that you’re comfortable with. This guide is meant to only serve as a suggestion, or starting point, to find out the ballpark of what people are selling the same thing at. Q: I still need help with pricing my items/Pokemon. Can I PM/DM you? A: Yes and no. Please feel free to ask questions on this guide, or through private messages. Price/item inquiries are to remain posted in this guide, but if you have questions about the guide itself, PMs are welcomed. Though please take my advice with a grain of salt. None of what I tell you is required, it would be price policing if I told you it was. Q: I have something I would like to contribute to make this thread better. What can I do? A: Contributions are welcome! You can post in the thread or send me a PM/DM. I can make no promises to include what you ask, but it will definitely be considered to some extent!

Glossary of Common Market Terms

Below are displayed common abbreviations used in trade forums.
UFT: “Up For Trade” UFS: “Up For Swap”/“Up For Sale” UFO: “Up For Offer” UFA: “Up For Auction FS: “For Sale”/“For Swap” S: “Sale”/“Selling” NFT: “NOT For Trade” LF: “Looking For” PWYW: “Pay What You Want” RTE: “Ready To Evolve” Pokemon (usually bought for wishforge badges) H: “Have” Dex/Dexing: A trade in which you will immediately return the Pokémon back to the seller (Also called a “touch trade”). This is used for fulfilling the pokedex entry and you do NOT get to keep the Pokémon. CS: “Custom Sprite” S/A/M/D: “Shiny/Albino/Melan/Delta.” You will see this in many different ways. “S/A,” “S/A/M,” “S/A/D,” and so on. It depends on what all the person is selling. DP: “Delta Points” (see below for what they are) Delta fodder: Pokémon that are sold for the purpose of being used to trade for Delta Points to the site. UB: “Ultra Beast(s)”

Below are displayed the current trends on the trade forums. *keep in mind that this does NOT apply to everyone and that this is a free market. Ratios vary from person to person, this is just listing current common/very common pricing trends.

Typical/Common Pricing

Currencies Conversions tend to go for: 5 gp/5k credits/1 zc However, the availability and demand of each currency tends to fluctuate a little weekly.
Shiny/Albino/Melan Pokémon It is very common for people to sell their shiny Pokémon at “Delta Price,” an unofficial way to price your shiny Pokémon. Delta Price is based on how many delta points you can receive by exchanging your Pokémon at the Holon Research Center. Here is the wiki page for Delta Pokemon. There you will find a table that shows you how many delta points you get depending on your Pokémon’s EHP. (Pokémon that are both Shiny/Albino/Melan AND a delta typically go for more, as people value them for their aesthetic more than use as delta fodder) HOWEVER! This is not a required pricing method, as there IS no pricing method for anything in this guide. Many people often like to sell above this price. Delta Points Due to the increase in delta value of shiny, albino, and melanistic Pokémon, as well as the addition of delta value for delta Pokémon and tradability of delta points, the selling price on the trade forums has changed drastically. It has been observed to be sold between the following amounts: 60-80 zc per 100 DP voucher 600-800 zc per 1000 DP voucher In addition to these changes, people have been seen selling their S/A/M less and less as delta fodder. Regular S/A/M have been selling for 1 to 2 times their “value” in delta points as according to the data observed above.
Tournament Tokens (current season) Current tournament tokens tend to decrease in value as multiple tournaments take place in a season. 50-100 zc (in the first 1-4 weeks) 12-20 zc (in weeks following)
Gems Gems greatly vary in pricing. Many people on the trade forums often like to sell different types of gems at the same price. It is popular for Steel and Dragon gems to sell for more. On the Market Board, however, gems vary even more greatly in price. Small gems on the Market Board typically tend to be sold at between 500-5000 credits per small gem (roughly, depends on which gem you see). People usually like to value medium gems at 10 times the price as small gems, and large gems at 10 times the price as medium gems. Whether or not you follow these trends is up to you. However, it is extremely common. Flawless gems tend to go for different prices, as they are used for different purposes than other gems. They can be sold to the site at 10,000 credits, so people tend to sell them at higher than site rates. Due to the recent change in use for flawless gems through the wishforge, prices have skyrocketed on the Market board, selling anywhere between 2 and 50 times its selling price. •Gems on the Market Board overall have seemed to inflate in recent times, causing them to go for more than double their previous value• On the trade forums, the very most basic rate people commonly use is between the following amounts: Medium Gems: 2 zc/10 gp/10k credits TO 4 zc/20 gp/20k credits Large Gems: 20 zc/100 gp/100k credits TO 40 zc/200 gp/200k credits With exceptions made for more in-demand gems at the time.
RTE Pokémon 1 gp/1k credits per evolution OR 2 gp/2k credits per evolution Dragon, Steel and sometimes Fighting have been noted to sell for more sometimes (usually double) RTE for tournament events have been seen going for higher. Between the following amounts: 2 gp/2k credits per evolution to 15 gp/15k credits/3 zc per evolution
  • Main
  • Credits
Bunn, He/Him This is Frida
Avatar by me of my sona (full image), Signature by myself!
ICEBÜNN's AvatarICEBÜNN

Miscellanious Tips and Tricks

This guide is NOT telling you what to price items you’re selling. Instead, this guide will give you tips on how to effectively sell for a good price. :3 Feel free to ask questions, critique, and suggest things to add to this!

Important Things to Keep in Mind

Understand the value of currency How many gold pokes is a zophan canister worth? How many credits is a gold poke worth? How many zophan canisters are worth a credit? Supply and demand Supply and demand is what drives the pokefarm economy. How rare is the item? How much money is there to go around? Would YOU buy this item? You should always consider this when pricing items. After all, would YOU buy a shiny Pichu for 2000 gp? Competition There are likely others selling the same item. Unless it's say, a VERY specific rare pokemon... Why not check how they're pricing their items? You can get ideas and a general ballpark for pricing your own item.

More in depth

If you want to sell effectively at a good price, you need to look at all these things when pricing your things. "Would you buy this item" is how sellers better connect themselves with the consumers. Every seller is a consumer, first and foremost, so use your own perspective to help price your items. Of course, this is not the only factor that comes into play... ...we also have supply and demand. Since we have this wonderful system, we can balance out the wants and needs of both the consumer and seller. This is, fundamentally, what drives the economy. The seller wants 150 gp for the item? Well, does the consumer agree? No, they would prefer to buy it for 75 gp because there aren't a lot, yet they see others paying 75-100 gp for the same thing. You see, the seller and buyer have opposite goals. The seller typically wants to get as much money as possible out of the deal while the buyer typically wants to spend as little as possible. If this is not the case for you as a seller, then you might want to reconsider your pricing. Cheaper prices help you sell faster, but if you want to make more money, then it will take longer.
Tips!

Tips

•Some people like to buy/sell only in fives and tens, yet you may value something at an uneven number. Offer an even price for those "even buyers.” •If you put your items "on sale," don't do it all the time. It can be a good marketing tactic, but you have to make sure that you’re not shorting yourself. •Stay firm with your prices, but being open to haggling is helpful for larger trades. If you aren't firm with your prices, others will take advantage of you and offer you less for what you're selling.
Market or Trade Forums?

Where to Sell?

Market

Market Route Thank Arceus that the market makes it easy for us; you can tell what has sold and what is currently being sold. You may see different trends: one item may have sold for an average of 140k credits while everything being sold currently is much more expensive, or vice versa! Market trends change all the time. It all ties into supply and demand. Now depending on how quickly you want to sell your item determines the best price. How many have sold before? What is the price? What may have caused a spike or a fall in prices? Items on the market bounce between different highs and lows ALL the time. Weekly, monthly... Even daily. Sometimes hourly! If everything that has been sold is above the price of what is CURRENTLY being sold, then that means that demand is dipping below supply, causing the price to go down. If everything that has been sold is below what is CURRENTLY being sold, then that means that supply is lowering demand. Even slightly. The slightest differences can be seen in the market if you watch. If you want to sell your item quickly, it’s important to keep watching the market. Check it every once in a while. Sometimes listings dramatically drop in price. The most important thing in the market is competition. Pure competition/personal price balance. Nobody knows who you are when you sell an item on the market, so everything is automatic and you don’t have to manually deal with any trades or people. The main cons are the market fee, and you cannot sell Pokémon on there.

Forums

Trade Forum Route Selling things this way, you have more opportunity for self expression. The price matters, but also the layout of your trade thread, even if it’s temporary. Do you want a few well-placed hideboxes? Or would you like to spice it up with a cool template? Temporary trade threads are usually simpler, but long-term trade threads usually have templates, or a more organized layout. Selling through the trade forums is not anonymous however, unlike the market board. You will have to deal with the exchange manually. If talking to others isn’t something you want to do, then I would not recommend this.
ICEBÜNN's AvatarICEBÜNN
——— Reserved ———
ICEBÜNN's AvatarICEBÜNN
UPDATE! This thread has gone through some renovation. It is by no means finished, but it is open for criticism and questioning. :3 If a certain part confuses you or if you have something you would like to add to the thread, feel free to comment or pm me. :3
StarWarsGirl's AvatarStarWarsGirl
Just a side note, but I think that RTEs usually sell for 1GP per evolution or the equivalent now (unless it's dragon or sometimes steel, in which case they usually sell for 2GP per evolution).
Score: 3298
× 5 / 150
Star's Stuff (Shop)
ICEBÜNN's AvatarICEBÜNN
I have noticed the deflation in RTE pricing, and I’ve edited the first post now to reflect that. Thank you. ^-^
ICEBÜNN's AvatarICEBÜNN
Hi! Sorry about the notif, hello! Many things to mention... 1, I have made MANY edits to the main post. Now it looks prettier with some nicer formatting :3 I have also added more items to the first post as well. The name of the guide looks more professional than it did as well. 2, I have especially changed and reworded the second post. I initially wrote it when I was 16 and didn’t know what the heck I was talking about sometimes, and I have made MULTIPLE changes to it. I removed parts, reworded, added some things... and now I’ve turned it into something that I am satisfied with. Many things are still there! I have just improved upon it. c: 2.2, So this is where I would like to ask for your help... I would appreciate if you took the time to read over the second post. I know that it’s long, and you don’t even have to read everything. I have made a poll at the top, asking about your opinion on the second post. Is it helpful? Is it unhelpful? Could it use improvements? Is it full of you-know-what? I would sincerely appreciate if you took the time to read over that second post and vote on the poll. :3 I want to make this guide something that people will find helpful. ^-^ If you have any input or recommendations, I would be very glad to receive your feedback.
Angeliccandy's AvatarAngeliccandy
Hello! So I've been looking everywhere for this answer but can't seem to find it. What would you price Delta specials as? I can't seem to find a chart anywhere like you can with the Shinies/Albinos/Melans.
ʚ♡ɞCandy ☆ 33 ☆ She/Herʚ♡ɞ
ICEBÜNN's AvatarICEBÜNN

QUOTE originally posted by Angeliccandy

Hello! So I've been looking everywhere for this answer but can't seem to find it. What would you price Delta specials as? I can't seem to find a chart anywhere like you can with the Shinies/Albinos/Melans.
Hi! Shiny/Albino delta specials seem to go for around 50-300 zc (100-200 on average currently). Legendaries and rarer Pokemon go for more, but I’ve rarely seen them go above 1500 zc. It’s usually based on aesthetic, which is harder to put a price on than something as solid as delta points, so I wouldn’t feel too comfortable making a chart for it. Delta melans are harder to put a price on, but I have not seen one being sold for less than 3500 zc (on the cheaper end). On the average range, 4500 zc to 9000 zc. Some for more, but it depends on the person and how much they value their Pokémon. Egg EHP tends to play a role, as the lower-EHP eggs go for less, and the higher-EHP eggs go for more. As with S/A deltas, legendaries and rarer Pokémon seem to go for more than most. ^This is just what I’ve witnessed. It’s not a solid price however. Always buy and sell at the price you’re most comfortable at. ^-^
Kachina's AvatarKachina
Pardon me, I just had a small question. I'm afraid I don't understand the exchange between delta points and the traditional currency. Is it for example, 10gp per single Delta point? So if I were wanting to sell an Albino that goes for 16 Delta points, it would equal 160gp? Or have I misunderstood? Also, the link to your Delta pricing guide doesn't seem to work unfortunately, I tried to click it but it led me to a broken page. ^_^; Thank you for your time, both in your hopeful, future response and the time you dedicated in making this thread, it has been helpful!

Pages: 1234

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page