PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

About Deposits; Important Information Regarding Payment

Forum Index > Other > Other Art > Other Art Shops >

Constantine's AvatarConstantine

QUOTE originally posted by Garthic

Pre-paying would be paying for the full thing from the on-set, which is not acceptable. Paying half up-front and then half upon completion is... More like a deposit. The way it works is that if the buyer doesn't give the rest of the payment then, at the very worst, the artist got 50% for their work. And if the artist fails to finish the work - at least the buyer didn't spend the full amount. It's the closest to a middle ground in this kind of situation that you can really get... If either side fails, at least it's not as bad as it could've been and - more importantly - it's fair on both sides.
In short, deposits are allowed - meaning an artist can ask for half payment up front and then the rest after completion or half completion. Etc. If you have any questions, feel free to ask a member of staff!
♔ Fae King Give me equality.
SarahDaWolf's AvatarSarahDaWolf
So, quick question, if I were to do commissions, would you rather me tell the buyer to pay 50% upfront, or tell them to pay after I finish? ^^
Sprites made by @/Matamoja ! >> Check out my art shop! https://pokefarm.com/forum/thread/248394/Sarah-s-Sketches-OPEN
Constantine's AvatarConstantine
It would be wise to ask for half upfront - this is to protect you just in case something happens to the buyer.
SarahDaWolf's AvatarSarahDaWolf
Alright, thank you!
AlleyBalley's AvatarAlleyBalley
I've been searching the FAQ, and all the rules on the art boards I can find-- Can you charge IRL money for comissions on this website?
Loksfjoer's AvatarLoksfjoer
It is not encouraged, but not against the rules to ask for irl money, or legal tender. Staff doesn't recommend it because if things go wrong there's not much we can do about it. You can find it in rule 6 of our trade rules. And for those interested, rule 3 covers the prepaying/deposit rule.
~ Writer ~ Roleplayer ~ Collector of gems, jewels and fossils ~ My shop: Shop of shiny items My clan: Words of creation Avatar made for me by Armarouge

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page