PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion >

Pages: 123··· 723724725726727··· 746747748

Zio's AvatarZio

QUOTE originally posted by Goatlady

@Zio I really love the sentient cauldron concept you came up with. Very cool and looks like it would have a great personality to play around with, story-wise. My author brain is conceiving all manner of plots and behaviours and adventures around it :D Infact, it wouldn't look out of place in a Disney animation also, alongside my all time favourite characters; Aladdin's Magic Carpet and Merlin's broom from Fantasia. The final version of the witchy frog is great too, just wanted to show some appreciation for the one that didn't make it ^_^
Thank you! Since Frogayaga was my initial sketch and already had a cauldron, I wanted to go with a potion-y theme. I did have a bit of trouble coming up with a design for the middle stage, but it was pretty fun exploring possible ideas it could have taken!
avatar from Persona Q 2, sig from Mystic Messenger
RoyaLotad's AvatarRoyaLotad
I immediately missed the old frosty whites and blues of melan Pumpkaboo and Gourgeist, but honestly in super size where the orange shows up more in the new one I think it's pretty darn good.
shattered psych oct '23 win | made by @Cryst
Score: 6328
Type race score display code by Lycankai Profile pic is gift art from my good friend Shiny_Mod on Twitter!
MochaFox's AvatarMochaFox
I love the desaturated blue on melan Pumpkaboo. My only concern is that the shading on the black may just be a tad too dark or saturated? :o I know that trying to shade greys / blacks / etc are tough ( looking at you G. Corsola ), so I'll easy vibe without complaint <3 I love their pink eyes and the pink circles on the pumpkin. I was worried about how melan pumpkaboo would be changed as I loved the blue and purple but this is just positively divine Also melan Carbink? The chocolate and pink? adore it. We never see many good brown melans and I love to see it on this dude. I need to add the fella to my list The new Dedenne sprite looks so precious <3
✦ ✦
69/500+
153/500+
✦ ♥ Jacob Daniel born 7/17/18 ♥ ♥ Zander Leon due 8/1/24 ♥
✧ Template: [✦] | Avatar: [✦] | Background: [✦] | Font: [✦]
Gallevoir's AvatarGallevoir
*gasp* small
  • Shops
  • Best Melans
  • A Christmas Bee, for Melan Luck
They/them, for simplicity. Beathan sprite; egg sprites from Bulbapedia; avatar; Acacia sprite by me; Bee from Pokefarm Advent
Svetty's AvatarSvetty
I would like to ask about the new sprites.. I LOVE Charcadets melan so very much. It looks so beautiful. HOWEVER, I would like to ask about these "consistency rules" for melan colours. Charcadets Normal to Shiny ONLY changes the eyes. So why are the albinos and melans body different and not just the eyes? When Vivillon got updated the reason I saw for the wings being the same was... the consistency rule. So whats different in this case? Link to Niets post commenting about this from the Vivillon update. I really don't understand, because it is frustrating when one thing is said but another thing is done, if its wrong for Vivillons wings to be different, why is it right for Charcadets body to be different? Should Charcadets body not also just be dimmed based off those consistency rules? As I said, I really really love the melan, I just want some insight on how the melan colouring process works.
Svetty She/They Sableye enthusiast
Ice Rock

Ice Rock

Special Evolution Item

(: 0)

[LEGACY] A sphere of ice that seems to freeze air around it.

Legacy items are old items that no longer serve a purpose and are only good for collecting.

Sells for 1,000

Lv. 100 — +9,412,876
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
DarkGhost
Happiness MAX
Gentle nature
Moss Rock

Moss Rock

Special Evolution Item

[LEGACY] A sphere that's alive with vegetation.

Legacy items are old items that no longer serve a purpose and are only good for collecting.

Sells for 1,000

Lv. 1 — Locked
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Psychic
Happiness MAX
Careful nature
Borealis Lantern

Borealis Lantern

Summon Item

A magical lantern that casts rainbow-coloured light from its flame. This light is rumoured to attract Bunbori's interest.

View/use Summon Items

Unsellable

Lv. 100 — +8,226,203
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
BugFlying
Happiness 27%
Calm nature
Buying 20zc each.
x 23 / 1,000
impish.sei's Avatarimpish.sei

QUOTE originally posted by Svetty

I would like to ask about the new sprites.. I LOVE Charcadets melan so very much. It looks so beautiful. HOWEVER, I would like to ask about these "consistency rules" for melan colours. Charcadets Normal to Shiny ONLY changes the eyes. So why are the albinos and melans body different and not just the eyes? When Vivillon got updated the reason I saw for the wings being the same was... the consistency rule. So whats different in this case? Link to Niets post commenting about this from the Vivillon update. I really don't understand, because it is frustrating when one thing is said but another thing is done, if its wrong for Vivillons wings to be different, why is it right for Charcadets body to be different? Should Charcadets body not also just be dimmed based off those consistency rules? As I said, I really really love the melan, I just want some insight on how the melan colouring process works.
Vivillon is a little different, because the patterns still need to be recognisable, which is why they were only lightened/darkened for the wings. Colour consistency that they've discussed, however, is more about albino palettes being derived from regular, and melans from shinies, and the differences between albino and melan being the same as normal to shiny. I think there might have been a misinterpretation on Niet's statement at that link - 'Because the wing patterns do not change between the normal and shiny, it was incorrect for there to be such a change between the albino and melan.' This isn't in reference to the colours changing from normal to albino, but between albino and melan - since previously, the albino had been a lighter but brighter version of the regular/shiny wings, but all of the melans were black and red. That's what broke consistency. You can see this in charcadet in that both the albino and melan are purple and blue, with the albino being really pale and the melan being really dark.

Hatched Shinies

glitter glitter, shine so bright

Hatched Albinos

pastel power!

Hatched Melans

heart attack in a purple sparkle

Hatched Eggs

so many eggs.....
13822 pts .
Melan Charcadet is gorgeous and I love it so much. I want to drop everything to melan hunt it...but it's the wrong type for my type race team T_T Now if only I could figure out how to get my hands on the evo items ♥ Edit: I forgot to add that I ABSOLUTELY LOVE the Ceruledge sprite!!!!
Avatar credits: Melan Plusle & Minun Galaxy avatar made by Sharpy, (for my use only)
Peckish's AvatarPeckish
I love the blueness of the albino/melan nacli line, It gives a change from the more purple-ish melans lately
Icon by Flyeahfy for my use Grookey
120/250 Till my Zarude hunt!
SUNNELIØN's AvatarSUNNELIØN
Shoutout to how pretty melan Wattrel is, actually. Warm tone melans are underrated (because dark yellow and browns are generally unpopular...) but I really like the bronzey look that Wattrel/Kilowattrel have going on. Also a huge fan of Nacli specials, the albinos look like little ice cubes :D
S U N N E L I O N sunne ☀ they/them ☀ 21 ☀ 200
S U N N E L I O N my shop art shop
S U N N E L I O N pfp: me sig img: norowa code: altered
JUSTICEBEETLE's AvatarJUSTICEBEETLE
i just want to say im so happy at the amount of blue melans in paldea so far. its all i ever wanted. BLUE MELANS R REAL
Chris - he/him - 22 Trade shop - Art shop - Journal TYPE RACE SCORE: 7,103 | Icon official card art (edited by me)

Pages: 123··· 723724725726727··· 746747748

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page