PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion >

Pages: 123··· 691692693694695··· 744745746

Shazi's AvatarShazi
We appreciate everyone's opinions and discussions in regards to the recolours, both positive and negative responses get considered and taken onboard. As you saw we replaced the Vanillite line recolours based on feedback and we will do so with other lines if the need arises. to answer the question in regards to duckett and swanna, the melans are different because the shinies are different. As Sunnelion pointed out the shiny goes from pink to blueple (blue purple) vs the normals that go from blue to blue this translated to our chosen recolour scheme as green > green purple > teal (greenblue) that also said, we found an error with the shiny colours of ducklett, somewhere along the way the pink shading on the shiny became purple which was not how it was supposed to be and this error has been corrected
499 Ice Fangs
106 Gray Stones
Mass Click Association - My Shop - Guide to 90%+ Pairs
Signature by Cele, Avatar by Me
Lawless's AvatarLawless
tbh I haven't read half of this thread but saw Swanna being green after such a pretty ducklett melan. I honestly very much dislike the system being used to determine the albino/melan colors a lot of the time, some of them have looked really nice that have been revamped (vanillite line for example is a huge improvement) but some of them are just, boring or uninteresting. Swanna is a perfect example of that, a very pretty melan for the ducklett, a very underwhelming and boring swanna. I think there needs to be more actual picking for something that looks better than doing the almost generated system that is happening. I'm getting big depression a lot of the pretty pink albinos are getting turned into a limey green or pretty melans just being turned into the same shade of dark green with purple on them. idk it's boring to see the revamps when they're like that and makes me scared for some of the future updates.
Jayden | Ghost | Vivillon Enthusiast
Lucky Seal

Lucky Seal

Account Upgrade

(: 0)

[LEGACY] Stick this Seal to a Treasure Box, and it is guaranteed to contain a Summon Item! One-time use.

Legacy items are old items that no longer serve a purpose and are only good for collecting.

Sells for 10,000

Lv. 96 — Locked
Aspear EggAspear Egg
Aspear Egg (SOUR)
Cheri EggCheri Egg
Cheri Egg (SPICY)
Chesto EggChesto Egg
Chesto Egg (DRY)
Pecha EggPecha Egg
Pecha Egg (SWEET)
Rawst EggRawst Egg
Rawst Egg (BITTER)
Electric
Happiness MAX
Docile nature
Lucky Seal

Lucky Seal

Account Upgrade

[LEGACY] Stick this Seal to a Treasure Box, and it is guaranteed to contain a Summon Item! One-time use.

Legacy items are old items that no longer serve a purpose and are only good for collecting.

Sells for 10,000

Lv. 100 — +1,908,165
Aspear EggAspear Egg
Aspear Egg (SOUR)
Cheri EggCheri Egg
Cheri Egg (SPICY)
Chesto EggChesto Egg
Chesto Egg (DRY)
Pecha EggPecha Egg
Pecha Egg (SWEET)
Rawst EggRawst Egg
Rawst Egg (BITTER)
Psychic
Happiness MAX
Sassy nature
x 4 / 200
Collecting for Koko hunt!
x 9 / 1000
Collecting for Articuno hunt!
Çelestanê's AvatarÇelestanê

QUOTE originally posted by Shazi

We appreciate everyone's opinions and discussions in regards to the recolours, both positive and negative responses get considered and taken onboard. As you saw we replaced the Vanillite line recolours based on feedback and we will do so with other lines if the need arises. to answer the question in regards to duckett and swanna, the melans are different because the shinies are different. As Sunnelion pointed out the shiny goes from pink to blueple (blue purple) vs the normals that go from blue to blue this translated to our chosen recolour scheme as green > green purple > teal (greenblue) that also said, we found an error with the shiny colours of ducklett, somewhere along the way the pink shading on the shiny became purple which was not how it was supposed to be and this error has been corrected
Though I do understand the system, the impression on looking at the sprites still hasn't changed - they look like they just don't belong together (imho surely), like they are from two completely different folders :( Is there maybe a way to somehow make this split not so... drastic? Change something ever so slightly, so the system is still saved but they don't look SO different?
Shazi's AvatarShazi
we can certainly take a look at making the difference less drastic~
QuirkyRabbit's AvatarQuirkyRabbit
Hello everyone, As Methos mentioned earlier, colours are not solely dictated by the artist working on that particular sprite. I’ve seen the idea of letting the userbase vote for recolours pop up a few times, and while I understand the sentiment behind the suggestion, I’m afraid it’s simply not going to be possible for several reasons. 1. Most people would just vote for their favourite colour. Everyone wants to see more sprites in their favourite colours, especially if they base their collections on their favourite colour (myself included). Regardless of whether we show the sprite before voting, or we just say what the colours would be without showing it, it is highly likely that most people would simply vote for their favourite colour. If that is the case, then the majority of votes would turn out the same, and most new colour schemes released would align roughly along the same set of colours. Let’s say you really hate yellow albinos, but yellow is a very popular colour so many people vote for yellow and most new albinos released are yellow. Would you want that? Substitute “yellow” for your least favourite colour, or any other colour, and I’m sure that a lot of people would be unhappy seeing the colour they voted for lose the vote. One set of colours can't cater to everyone! (Not to mention, if the vote is very close, it would probably cause a lot of unnecessary drama, which I wouldn’t wish upon our colleagues the moderators.) 2. It would take too long. I’m sure you would like the sprite revamps to be completed sooner, so you can see the new sprites and decide which ones you want to hunt and collect. We artists would also like to spend more time working on releasing more brand new things for the site, like CS, costumes, trainer stuff, events, etc etc and even new generations (we’ll have more work to do once gen 9 comes out later this year!). If users were allowed to vote, it would definitely have to be at least a few days to a week, which is what we’ve been trying to do for site votes, so that people who are not online every day can have a say too. But if we did add a week to every recolour (and more, in some cases), the timetable would be dragged out much longer. You’d all have to live through longer periods of uncertainty for the generations that are slated for revamp – like gen 6. 3. You still have opportunities to give your input! The most recent examples are Munna and Vanillite, but they definitely aren’t the only examples of when recolours were released and then changed based on user feedback. We don't always get it right on the first try and that's okay. What we’re NOT going to do is make white-with-pink-eyes albinos and black-with-bright-highlights melans willy nilly like in the past. That era of Pokefarm is gone and it’s not coming back. That doesn’t mean we won’t release any more white albinos or black melans (we just released Hisuian Qwilfish and Overqwil with black melans), but there will be much fewer of them and more of other colours. But we CAN still accept your suggestions on specific colours you’d like to see, especially if the theme is particularly compelling like with Vanillite. At the end of the day, we want you to love our recolours as much as we do! I hope that you’ll continue to give us quality constructive feedback, we really appreciate that. (P.S. It’s easier for us to understand comments phrased like “please do X” rather than “don’t do Y”.)
trade shop ☆ summon rerolls charms s/a/m/d and more!
art shop ☆ pixel art banners signs and more!
she/her avatar and signature art by me
Armarouge's AvatarArmarouge
Apologies if this is out of place and off topic to previous spoken stuff, but didn't get to mention this since wanted to wait until I hatched the Melans But I really, really do love what the Albino and Melan interpretations are of Basculegion and what they add to the full line! To see such a colour range between all the sprites is really a good thing for this line, and that it doesn't ever feel like they overlap with repetitive colours in a sense! (Maybe slightly with Melan female and shiny male, but those shades feel different enough to me to enjoy still) I also find the fact the base body changing from green to other shades for Albino and Melan a really great choice and compliments well with the other colours used. Really, these are very wonderful, many kudos to the artist!

Sprites

• Babies
  • Shop/ETC
Big Pearl

Big Pearl

Treasure

A lovely large pearl that would sell at a high price.

Sells for 3,750

Lv. 100 — +11,355,658
Aspear EggAspear Egg
Aspear Egg (SOUR)
Cheri EggCheri Egg
Cheri Egg (SPICY)
Chesto EggChesto Egg
Chesto Egg (DRY)
Pecha EggPecha Egg
Pecha Egg (SWEET)
Rawst EggRawst Egg
Rawst Egg (BITTER)
Electric
Happiness MAX
Hardy nature
Sun Jewel

Sun Jewel

Forme-Change Item

A little jewel that flickers with a warm glow.

Sells for 325

Lv. 100 — +4,163,240
Aspear EggAspear Egg
Aspear Egg (SOUR)
Cheri EggCheri Egg
Cheri Egg (SPICY)
Chesto EggChesto Egg
Chesto Egg (DRY)
Pecha EggPecha Egg
Pecha Egg (SWEET)
Rawst EggRawst Egg
Rawst Egg (BITTER)
FireGhost
Happiness MAX
Lonely nature
Gold Leaf

Gold Leaf

Treasure

A strange, gold-coloured leaf.

Sells for 1,000

Lv. 100 — +8,724,058
Aspear EggAspear Egg
Aspear Egg (SOUR)
Cheri EggCheri Egg
Cheri Egg (SPICY)
Chesto EggChesto Egg
Chesto Egg (DRY)
Pecha EggPecha Egg
Pecha Egg (SWEET)
Rawst EggRawst Egg
Rawst Egg (BITTER)
GrassPsychic
Happiness MAX
Lonely nature
I am a PFQ Starter Collector! Icon by myself.
Joint Shop (Summons/6IVs) Most Wanted Summon TR Points 360
Fuecoco's AvatarFuecoco
just wanted to throw in my 2 cents here :-)

QUOTE originally posted by QuirkyRabbit

1. Most people would just vote for their favourite colour.

Everyone wants to see more sprites in their favourite colours, especially if they base their collections on their favourite colour (myself included). Regardless of whether we show the sprite before voting, or we just say what the colours would be without showing it, it is highly likely that most people would simply vote for their favourite colour. If that is the case, then the majority of votes would turn out the same, and most new colour schemes released would align roughly along the same set of colours. Let’s say you really hate yellow albinos, but yellow is a very popular colour so many people vote for yellow and most new albinos released are yellow. Would you want that? Substitute “yellow” for your least favourite colour, or any other colour, and I’m sure that a lot of people would be unhappy seeing the colour they voted for lose the vote. One set of colours can't cater to everyone! (Not to mention, if the vote is very close, it would probably cause a lot of unnecessary drama, which I wouldn’t wish upon our colleagues the moderators.)
While people would definitely be biased, it is unfair to not allow us to vote because of the assumption that most people would vote for a favourite colour even if it didn't look good. Would it not be better to at least give it a try before making an assumption like this? There could even be rounds of voting where the most popular 2 have a head-to-head vote if it's super close :D 2. It would take too long.

I’m sure you would like the sprite revamps to be completed sooner, so you can see the new sprites and decide which ones you want to hunt and collect. We artists would also like to spend more time working on releasing more brand new things for the site, like CS, costumes, trainer stuff, events, etc etc and even new generations (we’ll have more work to do once gen 9 comes out later this year!). If users were allowed to vote, it would definitely have to be at least a few days to a week, which is what we’ve been trying to do for site votes, so that people who are not online every day can have a say too. But if we did add a week to every recolour (and more, in some cases), the timetable would be dragged out much longer. You’d all have to live through longer periods of uncertainty for the generations that are slated for revamp – like gen 6.
A vote being open wouldn't stop the artists from moving onto a new sprite though. It would delay the release by what, 2 weeks? Spriters don't have to be sat on their hands waiting for the userbase to decide which is their favourite if, like has been mentioned, the multiple choices of colours have already been made. They can just move onto the next one. Hopefully i'm not misunderstanding this :p -

QUOTE originally posted by Methos

In addition to re-lining and sometimes even re-posing the revamped sprites, there has never been an occasion where only a single version of the sprite was created for recolouring. Up to 10 colour combinations have been proposed, tested, and discussed for every sprite. This process takes time, while the same artists are generally working on multiple projects.
the only delay would be a two-week wait for the sprite to go live on site with this method, which would lead onto the next bunch of votes pretty well looking at the date pattern on the Unova recolour thread 3. You still have opportunities to give your input!

The most recent examples are Munna and Vanillite, but they definitely aren’t the only examples of when recolours were released and then changed based on user feedback. We don't always get it right on the first try and that's okay. What we’re NOT going to do is make white-with-pink-eyes albinos and black-with-bright-highlights melans willy nilly like in the past. That era of Pokefarm is gone and it’s not coming back. That doesn’t mean we won’t release any more white albinos or black melans (we just released Hisuian Qwilfish and Overqwil with black melans), but there will be much fewer of them and more of other colours. But we CAN still accept your suggestions on specific colours you’d like to see, especially if the theme is particularly compelling like with Vanillite. At the end of the day, we want you to love our recolours as much as we do! I hope that you’ll continue to give us quality constructive feedback, we really appreciate that. (P.S. It’s easier for us to understand comments phrased like “please do X” rather than “don’t do Y”.)p
nothing to add here, it was nice to see the criticism to the vanillite sprite taken on-board and changed :-)
Hyperspace Ring

Hyperspace Ring

Summon Item

A sinister-looking gold ring. Peering into its depths is like looking into another universe. It is said it is deeply connected with the Legendary Pokémon, Hoopa.

View/use Summon Items

Unsellable

Lv. 1 — Locked
Aspear EggAspear Egg
Aspear Egg (SOUR)
Cheri EggCheri Egg
Cheri Egg (SPICY)
Chesto EggChesto Egg
Chesto Egg (DRY)
Pecha EggPecha Egg
Pecha Egg (SWEET)
Rawst EggRawst Egg
Rawst Egg (BITTER)
Electric
Happiness MAX
Brave nature
pfp = my cat
MossDragon's AvatarMossDragon
Not gonna lie but I genuinely can't see voting for colors go well either, as mentioned, people will be biased and it'll just lead to even more arguments about colors just because it's more open for discussion, I'd rather leave the color choices up for the artists to decide and if community decides the colors aren't appealing, let their opinion known on what's lacking in sprite and how to improve it if a lot of people comment on it. I'd rather not see what are available options and then see a color I don't want to win winning the poll. This way I can't get salty over colors I liked more losing. If I'm presented with a single sprite, the way we are now, I'm not gonna get upset over color I feel neutral towards, but if voting were implemented and I see that from all the possible colors, the color I'd pick last wins, I'd definitely feel more frustrated than necessary.
collecting: ShopCredsTemplates ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆
Mikkü's AvatarMikkü
Forgive me for this, but I'm still waiting on the changes to the Cresselia melan and several Sinnoh melans that staff mentioned they would adjust/look at. The adjustments never came, and I'm not sure if that was forgotten about or just perhaps dropped overall. Is there an update on those?
------------------- -------------------
credit
F2U code by Gumshoe Edited by me with permission Further credits in "About Me"
Shazi's AvatarShazi

QUOTE originally posted by Møroha

Forgive me for this, but I'm still waiting on the changes to the Cresselia melan and several Sinnoh melans that staff mentioned they would adjust/look at. The adjustments never came, and I'm not sure if that was forgotten about or just perhaps dropped overall. Is there an update on those?
These were not forgotten, we just have many projects going and they were put on the backburner. We will get to them as well as fixing up the primal Dialga and Palkia sprites to match the newer recolours~

Pages: 123··· 691692693694695··· 744745746

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page