PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion >

Pages: 123··· 588589590591592··· 746747748

It was stated in the Eben's Journal post that one of the Pokémon cannot evolve yet and needs further examination by Holly.

Avatar is my sona, drawn by Saapricots!
×7/1000

timid's Avatartimid
I don't want to seem like I'm posting just to complain/nitpick at things because I enjoy the majority of the sprites, but I really can't wrap my head around why the body of shiny galar yamask is maybe... half as blue/indigo as it should be?? This isn't a matter of choosing colors as an art staff, this is a canon shiny and unless there's something wrong with my eyes, the color it actually IS was rather lost in translation here? :/ edit; the eye is actually a little off in color as well, and I find this particularly odd because Runerigus doesn't have these problems at all really and is basically spot on?
Napstablook sprite by Toby Fox. Question mark from default pfq icon. Thrown together by me.

QUOTE originally posted by timid

I don't want to seem like I'm posting just to complain/nitpick at things because I enjoy the majority of the sprites, but I really can't wrap my head around why the body of shiny galar yamask is maybe... half as blue/indigo as it should be?? This isn't a matter of choosing colors as an art staff, this is a canon shiny and unless there's something wrong with my eyes, the color it actually IS was rather lost in translation here? :/ edit; the eye is actually a little off in color as well, and I find this particularly odd because Runerigus doesn't have these problems at all really and is basically spot on?
I was about to point out that your site skin colours probably don't help (as it's a bit clearer on my cream-coloured background!), but then I did some colour-picking and have to say I agree; I took the sprites for Galarian and Unovan Yamask from the PFQ Wiki and from Serebii - above is my (crude and quick) comparison of the colours. I think the Galarian needs to borrow the same shiny colour, or at least an almost-identical one, from the Unovan shiny sprite to be consistent with the game. Not sure if this point belongs in "image errors" instead, though?
Edited by Chronos
Edited by Me
Edited by Me
Edited by Me
Credits; Icon (see below), Signature
TCG Artwork
Icon is from the official Love Live School Idol Festival Mobile App <3
Just popping in to say I LOVE FALINKS' SPRITES!!! The little group is so cute, I'm so glad they went with this option rather than the caterpillar-esque line <3
Avatar credits: Melan Plusle & Minun Galaxy avatar made by Sharpy, (for my use only)
Novan-chan's AvatarNovan-chan

QUOTE originally posted by Dusky Peculiar

I was about to point out that your site skin colours probably don't help (as it's a bit clearer on my cream-coloured background!), but then I did some colour-picking and have to say I agree; I took the sprites for Galarian and Unovan Yamask from the PFQ Wiki and from Serebii - above is my (crude and quick) comparison of the colours. I think the Galarian needs to borrow the same shiny colour, or at least an almost-identical one, from the Unovan shiny sprite to be consistent with the game. Not sure if this point belongs in "image errors" instead, though?
Quoting Dusky but thanky you an Timid for pointing that out an bringing it to attention. But oooh boi, that's a hecking oops. Seems we didn't catch that Galarian Yamask was just basically Unovan's and it was made just slight in colour for the shiny. Can also agree the eye could be tweaked just a smidge bit. Just lightened a bit. But nah, Gotta figit with colours or find the closest match since you can't just go by the Models exactly, the colours are desaurated cause of the tints an such. So Yamask's shiny basically fits for Galarian's I would think It is a error but also critique, I believe? I think its fine but it is appreciated to try an keep it all tidy ^^
credits
Novan-Chan and all forms of her belong to me Avatar of Novan is made by me for my use only!
Terabbit's AvatarTerabbit
Woops i misread novies post
credit
Background drawn by AdimivA on twitter Gif created by JUSTICEBEETLE F2U & Icon code by Gumshoe
Corviknight's AvatarCorviknight

Yeah, Pincurchin looks so... puffy? I dunno if that's true to the game model, but it doesn't look quite right to me. But I haven't really looked at the spiny boi at length.
i thought the exact same thing ^^ it looks way too big and... i can't quite describe the puffiness that makes it so weird, maybe it's an issue with over-shading? but yeah, somehow makes it look quite awkward... i apologize if this isn't too helpful, maybe someone else will be able to spot exactly what makes it look goofy
official project sekai art; icon is official TCG art
he/him + 22 + cst
pixelkitty's Avatarpixelkitty

QUOTE originally posted by Corviknight

-snip- i thought the exact same thing ^^ it looks way too big and... i can't quite describe the puffiness that makes it so weird, maybe it's an issue with over-shading? but yeah, somehow makes it look quite awkward... i apologize if this isn't too helpful, maybe someone else will be able to spot exactly what makes it look goofy
Okay, so... Maybe it's just me, but my thought is that it might be a little too round? I'm not sure, but the sprite is more an ellipse when the original version seems to be more of a half circle. Here's the model from Serebii for other people to compare it with.

⚢ Sylveon PFP from Pokemon Shuffle
SpoodleBug's AvatarSpoodleBug
too tired to comment on the alcremie sprites outside of 'they good' but id like to clear something up; why the shiny and melan sprites look the same. theres however many REGULAR alcremie (30? idk i didnt count) There's canonically only 1 SHINY per sweet (i think) the ALBINOS are based on the regular, so there's as many albino as regular the MELAN is based on the shiny, so there's only 1 per sweet. im sure its throwing a few people so i thought id say something c: the masterpost of sprites that was made is therefore correct
Avvy by SimonPetrikov
There's 62 different Alcremie combinations, if it goes by the games. And since when I first joined I made up my mind of making a living dex with every variation, this crazy gryphon is going to try and get them all. I think the Alcremie sprite is adorable, and I love how the eyes standout on the shiny/melan.
Sprites made by sorax
I use tooltips to provide credit to anything I post. Exception is any Pokemon GIFs which will be from either the anime or the games. Want to listen to some Instrumentals while you are clicking? Check out my Spotify Playlists! My PokeFarm LivingDex Spreadsheet

Pages: 123··· 588589590591592··· 746747748

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page