PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion >

Pages: 123··· 565566567568569··· 746747748

Çelestanê's AvatarÇelestanê
I have a question (a million questions actually), looking at all the melan reveal reactions recently - what color should a shiny and albino be for melan to be bright? Or have some bright colors? I just wonder - since Centiskorch melan for example is super cool and bright, but I guess it was the art team decition to make it so, since canon shiny is... meh. Will there ever be dark and red melans, like re-vamped Aerodactyl? What conditions should be met for it to appear? Since melan flames on fire pokemon are mostly gorgeously bright, why can't for example spots or marks or anything on fish/bugs/butterflies be so too? Don't tell me about the consistency again, since there are lots and lots of already revamped unconsistent melans where I can't even figure out what their colors are going from. Someone from the team told here that they still have to choose the best variant from several - so, who decides if the melan has bright accents? And again, what conditions for it should be met? P.S. I actually like melan mega Lumineon a lot! I personally think it's gorgeous with these green colors accented with dark-honey spots and eyes~ And the regular one is not bad too My questions still stand though :D
RozziDoodles's AvatarRozziDoodles
I feel like personally the brightness of the melan Centiskorch and the being-okay with it compared to other bright melans has a lot to do with that it has a fire to it, and the dev team has been experimenting with colors of fire for melans, but as of late it's still getting brighter even at that. Centiskorch didn't really come across as a melan per se to me at first either but it felt cohesive to the line. It's a little bright but it does have a *lot* of fire and you can't really create a dark fire that doesn't look bad. I do question why they're getting brighter and why they're so adamant of staying away from making them really really properly dark (I understand we obviously can't make them true black for shading purposes but deep dark greys exist) and why they still seem to all need to be a darkened desaturated color instead of ever going for greyscale tones which I never really see. Obviously pokemon are colorful creatures but I'm uncertain why colors are being pushed so hard. Sorry if this is word vomit I'm still waking up ^^;
Avatar is of my character Deoxy drawn by JadedJynx on deviantART
Nightmøn's AvatarNightmøn
I only want to point out that, if shiny doesn't have a flame change, albino and melan would share the same flame color. (yes even lava) That's actually the reason why centuskorch have bright flames. And the melan is based Indeed on the shiny, that's why the body color seems like a darker albino. personnaly, I would like darker flame on melan. I mean, why its not already the case? If its for someking of logic, people already point out that it isnt the same logic as our world. And pfQ doesnt share the same logic as the game, so I dont know why the flame most work like that.
My first language is french! So sorry in advance for misunderstanding xD Profile picture made by myself! Gacha for DCP!
I wasn't trying to put down Centiskorch at all by the way, sorry if it came across that way! I really love the Centiskorch line asa a whole, it's cohesive and it fits and my only proper constructive critique on that one would actually be that the albino feels dark, oddly enough ^^; Similarly, I do love a lot of the melan designs we're getting, they just don't feel like melans, they feel like another type of variant color line imo

QUOTE originally posted by RozziDoodles

I wasn't trying to put down Centiskorch at all by the way, sorry if it came across that way! I really love the Centiskorch line asa a whole, it's cohesive and it fits and my only proper constructive critique on that one would actually be that the albino feels dark, oddly enough ^^; Similarly, I do love a lot of the melan designs we're getting, they just don't feel like melans, they feel like another type of variant color line imo
This. Exactly this! I feel like 'Melanistic' isn't the proper term for them anymore. Albinos also feel like the wrong term for the albinos- even though I do love their new color schemes, but at this point I'm just being picky, lol.
pixelkitty's Avatarpixelkitty
I'm using albino/leucistic interchangeably here, like the site. Yeah, it's definitely semantics to say "those aren't albinos!" but at least the pale cream and peach colors were a lot closer to albinos than the purples and greens we get now. Shinies can get away with being whatever because they don't exist in real life. Albinos do, and when an albino tiger gets made purple rather than looking closer to an actual albino tiger like it did previously, I get a little sad. I feel similarly about the Lumineon line albinos and melans - both are a little... too bright?
⚢ Sylveon PFP from Pokemon Shuffle
Because albinos have been listed and explicitly stated as being leucistic more than albino they don't really bother me as much, having their colors and whatnot, until it starts to be bright and saturated in its own way, or dull down and almost dark comparatively for the line. It's definitely more the melans being light and extra colorful, even if it's closer to neutral colors, that sticks out like a sore thumb when you put them in a field with all the other melans
Esme's AvatarEsme
Yep, still glad I don't melan-hunt anymore, everything's gotta be a gross green color. Shame, I think dark greens are overly hated. I miss the days melans could be black and have cool accents. Again, "consistency" is destroying good design potential
i have nothing but love for the places that call me home
★ art made by me ★ background ★ icon - me - my shop
Terabbit's AvatarTerabbit
I think grey melan floette with be the only floette melan i ever care about now haha
credit
Background drawn by AdimivA on twitter Gif created by JUSTICEBEETLE F2U & Icon code by Gumshoe
Melan Ultra Necrozma looks really cool! That colour works so well. Congratulations Érable on hatching it! But wait, are melan Dusk Mane and Dawn Wings Necrozma formes discovered? Wiki is not updated and I would love to see them ;;
Offering 20.000 for 6IV Ditto Disclaimer: I'm not native English speaker. Please read my posts and messages in calm and friendly tone, and do ask for further clarification in case of confusion. Thank you! ~

Pages: 123··· 565566567568569··· 746747748

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page