PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion >

Pages: 123··· 534535536537538··· 746747748

Tikru97's AvatarTikru97

QUOTE originally posted by Nightmøn

It so weird to see it 'grounded' like this xD Loving the new albino tho. The shade of green and pink goes suprisely well together, and fits very well side by the regular color. Feel like a "true" leucimism. I'll says that the placement of the wings is a tad weird tho, I tried to find good pokemon amie footage of it to show it why, but I didn't have any luck. Maybe it's just a question to get used to it, but I feel like something is wrong without being able to explaim why.
Not that weird to me. It has happened before in the anime. This is the best one I could find for the Braviary sitting in sideways.

Image from the anime

Credit: Image is from the Pokemon anime Black and White series
I quite like the sprite for the totem forme. He has a curious expression on his face. Loving the big bird! :D
naeriie's Avatarnaeriie
Does anyone know if the normal albino and melan sprites have been updated or are the totems different colours?
Anaestro's AvatarAnaestro
The totems are different colours, I guess. I just checked and non-totem albino braviary has the same shades as before
Joshua Kiryu's AvatarJoshua Kiryu
They have been updated now. Was waiting for icons but shazi hurted her hand so those will have to wait :u
100/∞ || Shop Journal || Free Art
Ultra power bar 4.03%

QUOTE originally posted by Nightmøn

It so weird to see it 'grounded' like this xD Loving the new albino tho. The shade of green and pink goes suprisely well together, and fits very well side by the regular color. Feel like a "true" leucimism. I'll says that the placement of the wings is a tad weird tho, I tried to find good pokemon amie footage of it to show it why, but I didn't have any luck. Maybe it's just a question to get used to it, but I feel like something is wrong without being able to explaim why.
you aren't wrong about the wing placement, it took me a while to figure out what made it look weird, but it's the right hand wing (the far wing)- it's down too far compared to the left wing (closer wing).
0 points Mouse's Midnight Market! S/A/M sales, boxboxes, gem swaps, summon sales & more Avatar art by me
The spritework is really nice and clean, I think it just looks a little odd for Braviary to just be sat there? He's actually a really chunky boy, and you can really see it in the sitting pose. Braviary is usually so dynamic anyways, and totems are too, so I guess I'm just a little disappointed? I mean, to go from to (the platform wasn't working for some reason and just showed the non-totem bird)... I guess I'm trying to say it's a little boring in my opinion? When you look at the likes of lurantis and the others, it really doesn't stand out. Especially for a pokemon that when you google "braviary", you get all these really cool mid-flight action poses. (Lurantis in comparison) Each to their own, but I just think the normal sprite screams "Totem" more than the new one does. As quinnpanda mentioned, it just looks slightly taller - and that's because it's not using up all the negative space (the transparent air around the sprite) around it with spread wings. Colours are really nice though <3 Love the update from the plain white albinos!
Edited by Chronos
Edited by Me
Edited by Me
Edited by Me
Credits; Icon (see below), Signature
TCG Artwork
Icon is from the official Love Live School Idol Festival Mobile App <3
Nightmøn's AvatarNightmøn
Ooooh, I know now what seems weird to me now. And it's not really about the wings. It's the tail! Two feather of the tail have the same color as the belly instead of the usual color. It the case for the shiny and regular, but not the albino and melan. I don't know if it's on purpose, but it's kinda weird xD Braviary usual sprite does have tails bits who are the same color as their belly, but the Totem form's angle is different, so it stand out even more.
My first language is french! So sorry in advance for misunderstanding xD Profile picture made by myself! Gacha for DCP!
Personally, I love the new totem. I think he looks very regal
Avatar credits: Melan Plusle & Minun Galaxy avatar made by Sharpy, (for my use only)
Çelestanê's AvatarÇelestanê
I'd also say that Totem Braviary looks a tiny bit awkward sitting there. Something doesn't sit right with me there - I can't grab the exact problem with the pose, but it just seems a bit... off. Though the regal pose of a Guardian, a General so to say, has every right to be. I just try to think of a bit of adjustments Or, it really can be done dynamically, maybe from a different angle? Like the descending pose from USUM (I have no idea if I can show it here?) where it looks very similar to a normal sprite but going from left to right with claws slightly bit upper and face much more menacing and majestic?
SpoodleBug's AvatarSpoodleBug
I like how chunky he looks .w. the fact he's standing gives a very intimidating kind of look actually, it's a good contrast to the regular sprite and I like it a lot
Avvy by SimonPetrikov

Pages: 123··· 534535536537538··· 746747748

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page