PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion >

Pages: 123··· 452453454455456··· 746747748

nerdofnerds's Avatarnerdofnerds
I don’t feel it’s necessary to rehash what others have said in my post, so I’m just going to say I agree with Trico on this discussion ^^ I came in here in the first place to add some positivity and say I love the purple birds! They’re adorable, and that’s what I love about this site! Every time a region gets revamped, I sit down and go through the sprites and colors with a fine-toothed comb to pick which Pokémon to add to my hunt list, and I always wind up with at least a dozen more. The updating and changing fills me with excitement, and I adore seeing what staff have done each time! Even if a melan I liked before changes, there’s always more melans I haven’t seen before or that got changed as well and are now more appealing to me <3 Also, this is a bit belated, but “melanin” does not always equal “pitch black!” For example, humans have a very wide range of melanin levels present in their skin, and it is presented in a wide range of skin tones! So I feel melanistic pokemon, as they are now, actually work with this fact, while applying a fantasy layer to the colors used ^^ All in all, I really respect the art staff and enjoy their contributions to the site. I’m looking forward to Sinnoh and Unova getting reworked, and am excited to see what the next Exclusives will be like!
Icon from the official 07 Ghost manga!
Joshua Kiryu's AvatarJoshua Kiryu
Also uh keep in mind we're just coming out of the holiday season, so in general theres been less time available to keep up with this thread. Also, with recolors its usually like, 1 person mostly responsible for the sprite, so the only ones who can really respond about a specific recolor is the artist (in the case of spearow, that would be Shazi) or Sei.
100/∞ || Shop Journal || Free Art
Ultra power bar 4.03%
To add on to what PK just said, I would like to note that there is a simple fact here and that is... We can have artists come in here on their free time and talk, effectively - or they can work and be making progress. Sure, sometimes it's *free*-free time where they're awaiting project assignment but that's relatively rare since we have multiple ongoing projects at any one time. This thread was made for people to discuss the sprites - it was not made to talk to staff or to discuss it with staff. Truth is, the fact we come in here and talk about stuff of our own accord speaks to our want to do things right. That is something that should be credited to the staff team and their want, willingness and determination to please the community. It is not something that should be credited to this thread, it's creation or anything akin. The entire reason this thread can even be considered for the purpose of 'talking with staff' is because they have effectively gone "Hey, this could be useful!". To which, I would note, none of this is within their job description. We don't ask them to respond, or to do any of this - so... To be blunt... I feel that they deserve more credit than they seem to be being given. x') As for... For example, Sei, or myself up until now, not responding - Well. We got our marriage license yesterday. So... Y'know. Priorities... ^^'
castformrain's Avatarcastformrain
Is there a place to see old versions of sprites? I'm specifically interested in seeing Mega Mew's old sprite, because I saw the concept art and was curious. When I go into the wiki's History I just see a little question mark box where the old sprite would have been.
Gwafaiai's AvatarGwafaiai
nope, everything is gone when the wiki was moved.
Ange ✦ She/They ✦
agender pan
journalshop
F2U code by Colorful
Hoard:|| Buying: | |
Poison Deltas
jarjarkai's Avatarjarjarkai
What about OLD Pokefarm sprites? Like the unown key thing
Shazi's AvatarShazi
Arceus fairy form has been updated to actually be the canon colours~
498 Ice Fangs
102 Gray Stones
Mass Click Association - My Shop - Guide to 90%+ Pairs
Signature by Cele, Avatar by Me
Gallevoir's AvatarGallevoir
Holy crap, you guys work fast in getting melans for the new variant! It's barely been out an hour and already the first on site!!
  • Shops
  • Best Melans
  • A Christmas Bee, for Melan Luck
They/them, for simplicity. Beathan sprite; egg sprites from Bulbapedia; avatar; Acacia sprite by me; Bee from Pokefarm Advent
TuneSakuNatsu's AvatarTuneSakuNatsu
I am in literal tears: the new pupper is all I've ever wanted from the Houndour line when I first saw the pupper. Bestest boy~ <3
Avatar is made by HotTubz ordered here. Collecting (mostly) missing and special deltas + deltas for Trebor! Pm me, please~ <3 ~*~*~¤~*~*~
Don't want to fall behind with the new sprites? Sprite discovery thread~ and you can discuss them in the Sprite Discovery Discussion~
Cele's AvatarCele
mmmm that's a really good melan yes yes definitely want it
sig code and sig bg image made by me

Pages: 123··· 452453454455456··· 746747748

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page