PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion >

Pages: 123··· 710711712713714··· 746747748

Kang's AvatarKang
i never speak out about sprite revamps anymore because it likely will get us nowhere. but the vivillon melans are not appealing in the slightest to me. there was much charm in the old melan line (from scatter bug to all the vivillon patterns) and that was simply taken away with these revamps. not to spit on the work of whoever did this line/set of sprites, but the new colors are just not the best and something is fairly off about them. i can't really word is right/place it...but yeah they just do not feel appealing for me. they simply feel like an overlay was placed over the sprites just a bit and the opacity or something else was then messed with. which ig is where it disappoints me a bit??? since i have seen art staff do wonders with sprites. like with genesect for example. then we come to sprites like scatterbug line....and idk it just feel underwhelming??? i understand yall have to follow "consistency" but...this does not feel like that?? it just feel rushed and not really thought out??? especially with the fact yall have done such good works in other portions of the revamps... :c i am not trying to knock anyone down with anything said here. but maybe try to see if you can revisit the scatter line? also i agree with celestane about the base sprite seeming to be a bit strange. but they worded it far better than i could!
  • Info
  • Banners
  • Other Credits
I collect Tidal Bells
I buy them for 150k cr or 30 zc as long as i can afford it! Please DM me if you have any for sale!
175/500+

0/3000
Forum Icon: By LilypadLife of my character Frost! Check out their art shop!
credit
Code @Colorful Pixel art @Blazermaze00
Gallevoir's AvatarGallevoir
I definitely concur with Jugulis's view that the Fletchling line revamp is the best of the bunch, especially posing-wise. I'm not as peeved about the color choices for the Vivillions as others are - there's a lot of patterns there, it's gonna be tough - but something does just feel fundamentally off about its positioning, about the sprites for the whole line really. They feel squashed and stretched, like they've been caught in a transitory frame of animation. At the moment I prefer the old Bunnelby's style to the new Bunnelby's style, but given time I'm sure it'll grow on me.
  • Shops
  • Best Melans
  • A Christmas Bee, for Melan Luck
They/them, for simplicity. Beathan sprite; egg sprites from Bulbapedia; avatar; Acacia sprite by me; Bee from Pokefarm Advent
MochaFox's AvatarMochaFox
A HUGE fan of the new Fletchling sprites and melan. I like the colors and the dynamic posing for them. But I am in the same boat as many for Vivillion. I know they have loads of different colors depending on what kind you get ( I remember the annoyance with Arceus too, trying to get a color that looked good for all of them ). It really does look like the brightness was just shifted down for the melan, and up for the albino. I recall Staff not wanting a melan or albino to have similar colors as the regular or shiny that they're based around ( such as trying to avoid a main color of red for the albino if the regular sprite has red as the main, or mainly blue for the melan if the shiny is mainly blue. ). Not sure if I'm remembering incorrectly, and if I am, my apologies. ouo/ May I ask if the saturation of the shiny caused such issues for the Melan? :o Or if you guys decided to try and keep the original colors of each pattern? I do like Bunnelby's new spriting! The evolution looks very fluffy and huggable. The Melan colors are lovely, too!
✦ ✦
69/500+
153/500+
✦ ♥ Jacob Daniel born 7/17/18 ♥ ♥ Zander Leon due 8/1/24 ♥
✧ Template: [✦] | Avatar: [✦] | Background: [✦] | Font: [✦]
I feel like the only one who really likes the new Melan vivillion sprites :') The old ones just seemed like they had a dark red filter thrown over whatever pattern, and I didn't like any of them really. I like that the new ones stick closer to the pattern's colours, and I think if they're going to stay this way, then I'll start hunting them again.
0 points Mouse's Midnight Market! S/A/M sales, boxboxes, gem swaps, summon sales & more Avatar art by me
Gengirl's AvatarGengirl
Bunnelby and Diggersby look cuter than they have any right to be and I'm loving it XD
Credit to my bff CorvidsAiden for my avatar!
LilypadLife's AvatarLilypadLife
I’d have to agree with (most) everybody else about the new Vivillion sprites. The muted and dull colors for the wings on the melans makes it less noticeable and less of an inviting sprite (for me anyways), which I don’t think should be the feeling for a melanistic Pokémon. Edit: What I mean is that although it might represent an actual melanistic, it doesn’t feel like it has really differed from the other specials/the normal Vivillions at all. The change is quite subtle, and might be difficult to notice the small change in the body colors I quite hope the special sprites for Vivillion and the line could be looked at please. Not here to argue or anything, just wanted to state my opinion! The new Fletchling pose though is very cute, along with the Bunnelby!
Signature art by TheWildSalem! My avatar was made by Cledanio! ♥︎
TRADE SHOPART SHOPJOINT ART SHOPGYM
JUSTICEBEETLE's AvatarJUSTICEBEETLE
hmm.. not really sure about vivillon either, the body feels lighter than normal to me somehow tho which is certainly something, lol. but i like the bunny's new melan. i love grey blue color :) the bird also looks cool in the new sprite. sorry i dont feel like spelling their names wahaha
Chris - he/him - 22 Trade shop - Art shop - Journal TYPE RACE SCORE: 11,704 | Icon official card art (edited by me)
Lawless's AvatarLawless
This was the revamp I was waiting for the longest and I thought there was no way for Vivillon to look worse but wow, was I wrong. The recolors are the worst by far out of any Pokemon and that's so disappointing. The albinos are just boring, the old pink around the wings to make the faded bit stand out more was super appealing, now they're just kinda boring.But for the melans to literally just be their normal self with just a dark filter over it and a slightly purple to the grey is...just disappoiting. I was really excited and hopeful that there would be a bigger difference like colors changing or something happening around the wings. I can't believe the red filter slapped over them was like 100% better than this. Also, the new spritework looks nice but, it's face just looks off somehow and idk how to describe it. Or maybe it's how the wings are shaded and the body is turned? idk it just looks a little off somehow. Anyway, this is the worst sprite updated Pokemon I've ever seen on this site, I complained a lot about the green and purple boring melans but at least they looked like they took time to recolor and not just put the entire page into a document, shifted the brightness and slapped one recolor over the body and called it a day.
Jayden | Ghost | Vivillon Enthusiast
Lucky Seal

Lucky Seal

Account Upgrade

(: 0)

[LEGACY] Stick this Seal to a Treasure Box, and it is guaranteed to contain a Summon Item! One-time use.

Legacy items are old items that no longer serve a purpose and are only good for collecting.

Sells for 10,000

Lv. 96 — Locked
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Electric
Happiness MAX
Docile nature
Lucky Seal

Lucky Seal

Account Upgrade

[LEGACY] Stick this Seal to a Treasure Box, and it is guaranteed to contain a Summon Item! One-time use.

Legacy items are old items that no longer serve a purpose and are only good for collecting.

Sells for 10,000

Lv. 100 — +1,908,394
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Psychic
Happiness MAX
Sassy nature
x 4 / 200
Collecting for Koko hunt!
x 9 / 1000
Collecting for Articuno hunt!
Svetty's AvatarSvetty
I'm on mobile so typing is hard but I have a few things I wanted to note. Vivillon is the 3rd most common Melanistic Pokemon ON SITE. With the first two on site being ones which are hunted for DP and not for their melanistic colouring... Which makes me feel really mixed about this. Essentially the most hunted melan on this website for the melans to be kept and not DP'd like the first two is changed, and most people find it un-interesting now. I feel like that is a major thing, no? I think this is one of the most obvious points of why the consistancy rule is not as good as it has been made up to be. I understand consistancy can help the flow of things and keep things not getting too out of order, but it drains out so many awesome concepts of ever existing. Being bound into a rule feels like it has really turned a few Pokemon for the worse... I knew Vivillon would eventually lose what made it so enjoyable to me on this site. I did NOT collect all the Vivillons in Pokemons official games, I DID collect every Vivillon pattern in PFQ. I have every Normal, Shiny, Albino and Melan pattern able to be seen in my fields, because they were made interesting to me here on PFQ with their Albinos and Melans, and now they are just as official Pokemon... Something I normally wouldnt notice. I respect the artists for doing what they do, I just wish the rule of "consistency" was not so strict because I would have loved to see the beautiful butterfly get some love with a glow up on its pretty wings, since that was so appealing to me and it felt like a real loss when the official games didnt do it that way, and now it unfortunately feels like a loss all over again. (Just a side note: this is all to do with the colouring, I have no comment with the sprite-work myself.)
Svetty She/They Sableye enthusiast
Ice Rock

Ice Rock

Special Evolution Item

[LEGACY] A sphere of ice that seems to freeze air around it.

Sells for 1,000

Lv. 100 — +9,417,259
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
DarkGhost
Happiness MAX
Gentle nature
Moss Rock

Moss Rock

Special Evolution Item

[LEGACY] A sphere that's alive with vegetation.

Sells for 1,000

Lv. 1 — Locked
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Psychic
Happiness MAX
Careful nature
Borealis Lantern

Borealis Lantern

Summon Item

A magical lantern that casts rainbow-coloured light from its flame. This light is rumoured to attract Bunbori's interest.

View/use Summon Items

Unsellable

Lv. 100 — +8,229,689
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
BugFlying
Happiness 27%
Calm nature
Buying 20zc each.
x 23 / 1,000
I love Vivillon's sweet little face, it's so cute now!! I also like the new colours for melan Spewpa. Also really love the dynamic poses Fletchling and Fletchinder got, and I love the new Albino and melan colours too. Albino Bunnelby & Diggersby are going on my list of things to hunt =) My only complaints are: 1) Something looks off about the placement of Bunnelby's eyes, but I can't put my finger on what it is (I love everything else about the new sprite though!) 2) I'm not sure why the inside of Fletchling's beak is so bright - it should be dark, not almost the same red as its head ^^;
Avatar credits: Melan Plusle & Minun Galaxy avatar made by Sharpy, (for my use only)

Pages: 123··· 710711712713714··· 746747748

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page