PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion >

Pages: 123··· 706707708709710··· 744745746

Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]

QUOTE originally posted by InHystericz

I’ve been so worried about this update since I’ve been collecting terracotta epees for ages and now I’m really disappointed that Terrakion’s melan is now green and purple. I really hope a reconsideration on the colours will be done :/
With a hue value of 218, I can assure you that Melan Terrakion is very much blue (240), not purple (300). The art team remains open to feedback as they have always been, but no choice is going to please everyone and "I don't like it" by itself won't be reason for changing it. Edit: it has occurred to me that since the blue of Melan Terrakion is mildly desaturated, it can appear purple... if you have colour blindness. If this is the case, I apologise for any offence caused.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
MossDragon's AvatarMossDragon
I'm actually surprised how much I like all the new Albinos, I look forward to obtaining them in the future! As for Melans I adore Melan Keldeo, Virizion and Thundurus especially! (No, shush, my green bias is not showing) I'm not sure how to feel about Melan Terrakion, on one hand I love its gray-blue body because it feels like a Melan's colors, but then something feels off, maybe the horns? I know it makes sense because Shiny has red horns, but they feel wrong, like they're taking away the Melan vibe x.x I feel similar thing with Melan Tornadus as well, I could get behind the red-ish body, but in combination with purple and green bits makes it look messy and busy. I think changing one of those two colors would make it look less... "too much"? Guess I'm biased against brown Melans, but I really don't like the look of Melan Cobalion in combination with that purple, it also gives me off a messy, scuffed look. Changing either brown or purple to another color would fix that I think? Maybe changing purple to some sort of cold steel blue would be nicer? I'd like to point out I don't mean artists did a bad job with sprites, but just that combination of colors imo just makes anything appear scuffed even though it isn't, but again, just my feeling ;-; But other than these few wordy complaints, I adore everybody else in today's update <3
collecting: ShopCredsTemplates ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆
Ozprey's AvatarOzprey
yeah, i think it's each to their own. my favourite style of albino is when they're all white and red because of a lack of pigment and when melans are all hyperpigmented, but that's just because i like it when real life animals do that. panthers are so cool. other people like other colours and styles.
profile and shop images by me
Cledànio's AvatarCledànio
Well, since I've been waiting for recolors so long I feel sharing my opinion about Nature forces. I adore albino Landorus, melan is out of this world and i literally worship it. Purple shades create so pleasant looking palette and i just can't say anything here besides 'wow' I like albino Thundurus, green works well with him, and it looks solid and consistent. As for melan… AHH My god why so precious? Now I want to hunt him more than before recolor. Really nice color choice. And here we come to Tornadus… I can't really say it's bad or something, no, he looks okay but the colors on both A/M looks off. Especially on albino. This beige color with green accents looks a bit awkward plus Tornadus got a humanoid body which create some sort of uncanny valley effect on me but with little fear and tons of confusion. I hope art team will take another look on him and change base colors for another one, maybe for more pink-ish or even blue-is which will works better in theory I hope my comment is not harsh or offensive, i tried to express my ideas as much constructive as possible!

Cledanio | She/They| Adult

36/550 until hunt!
ART SHOP Adopt Shopcredits

credits

Code @RAINB0W Forum Icon @SilverRaven on PFQ Signature Pagedoll @Me
Type Race Score; 1741
Iron Jugulis's AvatarIron Jugulis
I should say something about these changes ;0; The first time when I saw Albino Virizion I was like: :00000 vanilla!!! I will hunt them someday <3 The recolor: what happened with the albino? And my wished Melan???? It looks strange :0 Although the albino is fine, I just feel like I missed the vanillaaa color of virizions ;( I just adore it more than this pink-
”A knight’s duty goes beyond a sword." -Kaeya Alberich
0 / 500, 15zc/ea
Trade ShopArt ShopJournal pls give my bab Morgen some love! ->
Snow Jewel

Snow Jewel

Forme-Change Item

(: 0)

A delicate jewel that seems to be frozen.

Sells for 325

Lv. 100 — +3,921,701
Aspear EggAspear Egg
Aspear Egg (SOUR)
Cheri EggCheri Egg
Cheri Egg (SPICY)
Chesto EggChesto Egg
Chesto Egg (DRY)
Pecha EggPecha Egg
Pecha Egg (SWEET)
Rawst EggRawst Egg
Rawst Egg (BITTER)
RockIce
Happiness MAX
Bold nature
credits

credits

Gwafaiai's AvatarGwafaiai
I haven't been on in a few months (around march) and I'm really loving the new updates! My favorite thing to do when I come back after a hiatus is check out all the new mons and recolors i missed! Great job to everyone, they're amazing!
Ange ✦ She/They ✦
agender pan
journalshop
F2U code by Colorful
Hoard:|| Buying: | |
Poison Deltas
JUSTICEBEETLE's AvatarJUSTICEBEETLE
the new melan Genesect is still cool as heck, thank goodness very awesome! I like how it looks more metallic, also edit: oho! melan meloetta looks a lot better now to me!!!
Chris - he/him - 22 Trade shop - Art shop - Journal TYPE RACE SCORE: 5,777 | Icon official card art (edited by me)
yööns's Avataryööns
I do like the new albino colors for this girlie but it ruined one of my favorite albino deltas ☹️ pretty sad about that the regular albinos are gorgeous at least :,)
shon ; 24
Nanab Berry

Nanab Berry

Berry

(: 0)

Bitter, but with a trace of sweetness, the Nanab Berry was the seventh to be discovered in the world.

Flavour: Bitter
Colour: Pink
Firmness: Very Hard
Growth time: 8 hours

Sells for 20

Lv. 52 — Locked
Aspear EggAspear Egg
Aspear Egg (SOUR)
Cheri EggCheri Egg
Cheri Egg (SPICY)
Chesto EggChesto Egg
Chesto Egg (DRY)
Pecha EggPecha Egg
Pecha Egg (SWEET)
Rawst EggRawst Egg
Rawst Egg (BITTER)
Ground
Happiness 27%
Timid nature
Gallevoir's AvatarGallevoir
Not 100% on the new mega design yet - though it must be hard to make something mega that started out that small. I'm sure it'll grow on me in time.
  • Shops
  • Best Melans
  • A Christmas Bee, for Melan Luck
They/them, for simplicity. Beathan sprite; egg sprites from Bulbapedia; avatar; Acacia sprite by me; Bee from Pokefarm Advent
arbor's Avatararbor
i think the new reshiram and kyurem are huge upgrades! i personally prefer the old zekrom but i don't think the new one is bad. (edit: this is about the regular non-special sprites)
arbor ☼ journal: 161 “The tides are in our veins, we still mirror the stars, life is your child, but there is in me, older and harder than life and more impartial, the eye that watched before there was an ocean.”
credit
Background from freepik.com F2U code by Gumshoe

Pages: 123··· 706707708709710··· 744745746

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page