PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion >

Pages: 123··· 695696697698699··· 744745746

MossDragon's AvatarMossDragon
Not only that, but they changed so fast that they didn't even get to be uploaded on Wiki, I only managed to take a screenshot of first sprites on my phone because when I tried downloading images, it was downloading the new ones despite showing previous sprites lol I have mixed feelings about giving it 24 hours before releasing a new one because once a few people give input about new sprites not looking nice, I don't think more new things can be said except giving suggestion on trying to implement old sprite's colors if they were well liked or leave it up to artists to do what they think is next best outcome. Which I don't think needs to be left open for 24 hours to discuss because it could potentially get out of control if people get too passionate about (dis)liking something. But I do think it'd be nice just to be able to see what the previous sprites were like, its issue is just that it's not expected they'd get changed so fast that it doesn't cross anybody's mind to download sprites (mostly bc it's left up to Wiki editors who upload sprites there), so maybe it'd be nice if artists could help out with preserving those sprites.
collecting: ShopCredsTemplates ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆
Shazi's AvatarShazi
We do have copies of the foongus and vanillite line if the wiki editors were interested in having them for record keeping
499 Ice Fangs
106 Gray Stones
Mass Click Association - My Shop - Guide to 90%+ Pairs
Signature by Cele, Avatar by Me
abingy's Avatarabingy
When I said give it 24 hours, I didn't really mean for people to discuss the ways they want the sprite to change, but rather simply wait to see if more people reply saying they like the new sprite and don't think it should be changed. My problem with the way it has happened is that it was 3/4 people that said they didn't like it immediately and then it was changed. I just think its a bit too hasty going off the opinion of a few users when they could've been in the minority and just happened to be online at the time to share their opinion. 24 hours is a very reasonable time in my opinion as it at least gives most daily users a chance to see the sprites and share their thoughts. If the general consensus stays negative, change the sprite then, but at least give it a chance to see if the general consensus is actually positive
Trade Shop - Summons, S/A, Charm Rentals/Swaps, Egg Supplier Pass Rentals Credits
Avatar made by mewitti of deviantart. Free to use.

QUOTE originally posted by Shazi

We do have copies of the foongus and vanillite line if the wiki editors were interested in having them for record keeping
Yes please! I know one of my Wiki editor friends didn't get to see the green melan version of the Vanillite line
Avatar credits: Melan Plusle & Minun Galaxy avatar made by Sharpy, (for my use only)
MossDragon's AvatarMossDragon
I definitely see your point and agree to it as well, but I do want to just say that if people immediately commented their dislike for a new sprite, I feel like it reflects a good part of the community's feelings towards it, because people were fast to express their dislike for new sprites. Every time the sprite has been changed in 1-2 hours time, it has almost always been due to people liking the old Melan's scheme more or new Melan being overly muddy brown/green on a usually more loved Pokemon. I think maybe once 3-4 people express their dislike for new sprite within a short period of time, maybe a poll could be put up that asks whether to change or keep the sprite, it lets more people to leave their opinion without having to post. Despite all this said, I still do think it'd be better for the community all together to give it a bit more time than 1-2 hours, maybe 12 would be better if a lot of people comment their dislike for new sprites, I just worry it could potentially lead to more discourse and arguments than needed. (I know I'm overthinking, but I just prefer the "rip the bandaid" method of dealing with things in this case). But yeah, as said, very mixed feelings on this xwx
ValleryP's AvatarValleryP
I'd like to express that I really do like the new sprites. I will be one of those to miss the old pretty blue but at least Emolga no longer has those yellow eyes and albino karrablast no longer looks like it will eat you haha. I do have to say thank you abut the foongus line being fixed and at least reflecting the old blue in some way ^.^ They look really good.

QUOTE originally posted by Vaporias

Though, if I may be a little curious- and this ties back into my wish for one day the sprites lost from the wiki shenanigans to be recovered-- would the staff and wiki peeps be willing to have the albino/melan updates that were initially shown before user feedback(like the mint green Vanillite line for example) be put in the sprites' edit history? :0
I usually try to get all updates up there but with vanillite and foongus I happened to be asleep/busy when they got added and only got to see the newest updates. If anyone happens to have saved those sprites (the original recolours I mean) then please feel free to either PM them to me or DM me on Discord. I would be more than willing to add them. Right now I only have screen shots from other users though lol. EDIT:

I just noticed you posted this, Shazi. Could you send me the copies please?
Score: 899

Apocalyptic Growlithe Pic|Avi by Kattling
Mirica199's AvatarMirica199
honestly I agree with putting the old variant sprites on the wiki before they got changed I never got to see what the new Melan Vanillite line looked like before it got changed, it sounded interesting with the dark green that looks like dark mint ice cream
new to forums, still learning I like to talk about magical animals called Pokemon can get emotional easily but that's ok since I love you all anyway my icon is from Pokemon Cafe Mix btw! Such a cute game~
Shazi's AvatarShazi
For the wiki editors :) First attempt vanillite line, changed because the userbase prefered the old chocolate coloured sprites Foongus line changed as the userbase did not like the green/yellow on the melans happy to provide any others that had been missed if I have access to them!
ValleryP's AvatarValleryP

For the wiki editors :)

First attempt vanillite line, changed because the userbase prefered the old chocolate coloured sprites Foongus line changed as the userbase did not like the green/yellow on the melans
happy to provide any others that had been missed if I have access to them!
Thank you Shazi. They are now uploaded on the wiki. ^.^
Sari's AvatarSari

QUOTE originally posted by ValleryP

For the wiki editors :)

First attempt vanillite line, changed because the userbase prefered the old chocolate coloured sprites Foongus line changed as the userbase did not like the green/yellow on the melans
happy to provide any others that had been missed if I have access to them!
Thank you Shazi. They are now uploaded on the wiki. ^.^
Could you provide a link to the page where the recolours and their changes are documented? I tried searching for it but couldn't find it :)
🐾 Collecting female Pokemon who like to eat sweet berries :3 Loving 🔥 Pokemon <3 Buying: for 15zc/each for 20zc/each for 60zc/each It's fine to just send a trade :)

Pages: 123··· 695696697698699··· 744745746

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page