PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion >

Pages: 123··· 694695696697698··· 746747748

Suríya's AvatarSuríya

QUOTE originally posted by Møroha

QUOTE originally posted by SoulWesson

-Seeing and voting on the options would likely cause more discourse, anyway. Not everyone likes purple. Not everyone likes green. Not everyone likes grays or blacks or blues. And a lot of people might. But a cursory glance over a couple of forums, and it's easy to guess that there could likely be arguments over which color palette should be the one to go live. And as it is, not seeing the color options ahead of time, fewer people are less likely to be upset that their preferred/voted on colors lost.
I don't think they were talking about getting to vote on anything, they were just curious of the full line of options! I'm always curious about that too, it's interesting to see what we could have had, but even just seeing those options would probably cause some type of discourse anyways.
No... no we have legitimately been told people want to see the colors and vote on what they like (though not yet in this wave!). More than once... and it's always the same response. There is no way for the userbase to agree on one single palette to like for a pokemon so it's easier to do it the way we have been for this long and taken into consideration the constructive feedback of the community when necessary. :)
Current Hunt: Lunatone Chain Length: 162 — Shiny Total: 5 — Melans: 0/1
All UFT pokemon can be found in my fields. No trade PMs please.
Mikkü's AvatarMikkü
Yeah I would so be bummed of my favorites colors not getting picked, but it's overall interesting to me how it seems that greens/yellow melans that a lot of users are vocal about disliking seems to be picked the most frequently Which, like I said I have no issues with the greens or even the yellows but the colors are always a bit off putting, as a few others have stated it's unappealing shades and leaves some with no desire to hunt it, or make those regret hunting it. Changes for me aren't the problem or anything, I love the sprite updates so much the staff does a great job with reworking most of the sprites but the colors sometimes just leave something to be desired due to the color math rules they go by. It seems a lot of users just want the rules to be flexed a bit more, like it shouldn't be a "100% it has to be this color, it would be great if it could be stepped back and looked at with a "Maybe this needs to be 2 shades lighter" or something along those lines if that makes sense. While I obviously don't know what goes on in the backend of things, it can be a bit frustrating to have this same conversationsa bout muddled green melans every single release. Also Suriya, yes I am aware there are people who want to see the colors and vote, I follow this thread and always read it but I don't post out of fear of getting in trouble/coming off as rude :') but I do not think that was the case in this particular instance. There was no mention of voting by the original poster, just curiousity on the not picked colors.
------------------- -------------------
credit
F2U code by Gumshoe Edited by me with permission Further credits in "About Me"
Shazi's AvatarShazi
The foongus recolours have been redone~ I think these will be much more suited to what you guys are after~
498 Ice Fangs
102 Gray Stones
Mass Click Association - My Shop - Guide to 90%+ Pairs
Signature by Cele, Avatar by Me
Mikkü's AvatarMikkü
OH MY GOSH I LOVE THEM SO MUCH 😭
JUSTICEBEETLE's AvatarJUSTICEBEETLE
its wonderful!! i was hoping for a nice blue-green like that!!
Chris - he/him - 22 Trade shop - Art shop - Journal TYPE RACE SCORE: 11,704 | Icon official card art (edited by me)
skiddo's Avatarskiddo
Love the shading updates to the buggos, Shelmet looks so shiny, and Karrablast's shape looks really clear! Not so sure about the updates to Foongus and Emolga. The little dithering patch on Foongus' head looks too square and diagonal for a round-headed mushy, although that could just be seeing it zoomed in a lot. And Emolga's face... I really can't explain it, it just looks off to me. Glad to see Emolga getting some shading updates so it's not just a nearly-pure-white thing, but something about it doesn't look right. If I had to go on pure instinct alone, it's something about the new face shape combined with the old ear position and eye position that just looks off.
59 / 200
Not actively buying. Or actively doing anything in general.
(credits)
code by skiddo; banner by mochafox; sprite by pfq; bg is official
MossDragon's AvatarMossDragon
Emolga is adorable as always, the new colors are very nice! I was fine-ish with the first Melan Foongus line's colors (I was seeing it as if they're covered in moss lol), but I'm so glad you guys took people's comments into consideration, it looks even better and appealing now! Hope to see more Melans with similar blues, it feels like there's not enough of blue Melans! xD I'm in love with Karrablast and Shelmet's lines update, they're gorgeous! All Albinos and Melans are gorgeous, surprised how much I adore Albino and Melan Escavalier! Karrablast finally looks round rather than a sad blue pancake, from original sprite I thought it was supposed to be a weird tick or something. :P Shelmet is also adorable, love how shiny it armor looks, (i finally realized after years that its armor reminds me of gravy bowls dfjhdfs) but maybe I preferred the old sprite's eye when it was a straight line, I know 3D models and artwork don't have eye being as straight line, but it's hard to achieve that on a very small sprite and now almost looks, idk, sad? rather than neutral look.
collecting: ShopCredsTemplates ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆
Vaporias's AvatarVaporias
I'm really liking all the updates so far, and am happy to see more healthy user/staff communication when it comes to feedback! Please keep up the great work on both ends! Though, if I may be a little curious- and this ties back into my wish for one day the sprites lost from the wiki shenanigans to be recovered-- would the staff and wiki peeps be willing to have the albino/melan updates that were initially shown before user feedback(like the mint green Vanillite line for example) be put in the sprites' edit history? :0 I merely ask since I like seeing the progression on things, to see how far y'all have come! Which was why I was really estatic when the PFQ wiki had managed to archive the PF1 sprites of certain variants/exclusives that did or did not make the jump to PFQ! I just think it's neat~
Shazi's AvatarShazi
I have no issues with it, I think it's important to see how user feedback is used to improve the site
abingy's Avatarabingy
I really like all of the new melans of this batch, but one thing is that I think when you are considering changing the sprite from user feedback, you should wait a little while longer before actually changing it. Both vanillite and foongus happened so fast (less than an hour and 2 hours respectively) that if you weren't online when the batch was released you have no chance of giving your input. You should at least give it around 24 hours or so, so that more people have the chance to see it and give their opinion
Trade Shop - Summons, S/A, Charm Rentals/Swaps, Egg Supplier Pass Rentals Credits
Avatar made by mewitti of deviantart. Free to use.

Pages: 123··· 694695696697698··· 746747748

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page