PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion >

Pages: 123··· 693694695696697··· 746747748

JUSTICEBEETLE's AvatarJUSTICEBEETLE
i do really like the albino escavalier! might have to try and get one of those. but ill miss the funny blue melan, lol
Chris - he/him - 22 Trade shop - Art shop - Journal TYPE RACE SCORE: 11,704 | Icon official card art (edited by me)
Çelestanê's AvatarÇelestanê

QUOTE originally posted by JUSTICEBEETLE

they are removing all of the lovely blue+black/grey from the melans i'm a bit sad about it because its my favorite color combo </3
Though I'm usually pretty lenient towards recolors and consider them a highly needed thing, I agree with that. Can we have some more of this palette? not an old bland grey and neon blue like old ones, surely. Just more of a combination. also dark and yellowish, gold. Like fraxture melan palette, it's sooo gorgeous. amoongus melan actually is looking nice for me :) it looks... well. Like a shroom! There are lots of such dark-colored shrooms irl, so it's not out of place, though I can understand why people are dissappointed lol
Torchiiko's AvatarTorchiiko
this is my favorite gen so i will be having Opinions on new sprites im also mourning the loss of the blue n black/grey melans since blue Is my favorite color but alas </3 emolga: an overall improvement! i may have liked the colors on the old melan but its execution didnt do the palette justice so it had to be changed. pastel pink + grey albino is adorable <3 as always i miss the red eyes but sacrifices must be made karrablast/escavalier: first off, i like that they took the amount of colors into account this time! colors arent all changed to the exact same thing. albino escavalier looks nice :) the melan is.. not my favorite. its more,, beetle colored so. personal preference cuz irl bugs freak me out shelmet/accelgor: reverse of my karrablast opinion actually. melan accelgor looks great, albino looks a bit sickly,, its the green bandages :/ shelmets fine all around! foongus/amoongus: the old and new albinos are about equal to me. neither one particularly catches my eye, but i lean toward the old one bc i like the pinkish colors more. the melan reminds me of rot which, while not exactly visually appealing, feels fitting for a poisonous mushroom so im not too upset
Lv. 100 — +4,363
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Ice
Happiness MAX
Serious nature
Lv. 100 — +12,074
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
FireIce
Happiness MAX
Sassy nature
Lv. 100 — +37,278
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
FireRock
Happiness MAX
Naughty nature
Lv. 100 — +35,073
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
WaterDark
Happiness MAX
Bold nature
Lv. 100 — +42,351
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Ice
Happiness MAX
Lax nature
Lv. 100 — +42,802
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Ice
Happiness MAX
Calm nature
☆torch's bait+ shop☆ | ☆trade shop of whims☆
Shazi's AvatarShazi
We can look into trying again with the foongus recolours, we liked how the yellow/green played into their poison nature but that seems to have fallen flat with the userbase. I can look into bringing a blue back similarly to how we did the growlithe line but given the shiny is blue that may not be possible
498 Ice Fangs
102 Gray Stones
Mass Click Association - My Shop - Guide to 90%+ Pairs
Signature by Cele, Avatar by Me

QUOTE originally posted by Çelestanê

QUOTE originally posted by JUSTICEBEETLE

they are removing all of the lovely blue+black/grey from the melans i'm a bit sad about it because its my favorite color combo </3
Though I'm usually pretty lenient towards recolors and consider them a highly needed thing, I agree with that. Can we have some more of this palette? not an old bland grey and neon blue like old ones, surely. Just more of a combination. also dark and yellowish, gold. Like fraxture melan palette, it's sooo gorgeous. amoongus melan actually is looking nice for me :) it looks... well. Like a shroom! There are lots of such dark-colored shrooms irl, so it's not out of place, though I can understand why people are dissappointed lol
Please no more of the dark yellow, it doesn't look good =( I wish we could see the other colour options that were considered for melan foongus/amoongus, and I'm curious about the other albino colour choices too @Shazi: The shiny is purple, not blue ;)
Avatar credits: Melan Plusle & Minun Galaxy avatar made by Sharpy, (for my use only)
Mikkü's AvatarMikkü
Yeah I get the whole idea of "It's green = mushroom" but I'm just personally not the biggest fan of it, mostly because the reasoning behind the base colors is them looking like pokeballs (regular = pokeball, shiny = masterball) it'd actually make more since canon wise if they were pokeball colors, the whole point of the colors/pattern is it uses it as a lure for other pokemon to attack them But I digress, it's not like the colors have to completely line up with the games/anime or anything in terms of albinos/melans, just wanted to point that out. Also hope this doesn't come off as rude but it's a lot of "the staff really liked this combination" and it's always green & there are almost always complaints about the greens from users, its a continous battle of that unfortunately. It's not that I would mind green personally, but as someone else said the color looks rather off putting, it's not a nice green if that makes sense. If it was adjusted/shifted a bit it might be better but there's a fine line between it being too vibrant vs too dark and looking muddled In this case, the green looks very muddled to me anyways Also yeah the shiny is purple not blue!
------------------- -------------------
credit
F2U code by Gumshoe Edited by me with permission Further credits in "About Me"
SoulWesson's AvatarSoulWesson
Several times over the last few releases I've seen people say they want the opportunity to see the potential outcomes before they go live, but there've been plenty of good reasons not to do that. Am I going to miss the blacks-and-neons of some of these melans? You bet. But no matter how much we ask or say that we want to see them, it's not going to happen. It would be nice but there's several reason why they wouldn't let us: -Delay in releases. Taking the time to get even remotely in line with the majority of users will delay a sprite's release. In some cases, we might be lucky and get it within a week or so of the original planned release. Others, in the worst cases, could take a couple months as the userbase goes back and forth in a Color War over a series of pixels. -Seeing and voting on the options would likely cause more discourse, anyway. Not everyone likes purple. Not everyone likes green. Not everyone likes grays or blacks or blues. And a lot of people might. But a cursory glance over a couple of forums, and it's easy to guess that there could likely be arguments over which color palette should be the one to go live. And as it is, not seeing the color options ahead of time, fewer people are less likely to be upset that their preferred/voted on colors lost. -No one can make everyone perfectly content. What one user will see as the epitome of perfection, another user will see as refuse. So instead, they follow formulas and rule sets and try to work with the userbase as-needed, as they seem to be doing by going back to the coloring board with the mushrooms. Honestly, I'll miss the black-and-blue Emolga, but I love the chocolate cherry squirrel, too. (And it's so nice not to feel it pulling my soul out with its eyeballs, too)
Score: 1200
Badge by LycanKai
Mikkü's AvatarMikkü

QUOTE originally posted by SoulWesson

-Seeing and voting on the options would likely cause more discourse, anyway. Not everyone likes purple. Not everyone likes green. Not everyone likes grays or blacks or blues. And a lot of people might. But a cursory glance over a couple of forums, and it's easy to guess that there could likely be arguments over which color palette should be the one to go live. And as it is, not seeing the color options ahead of time, fewer people are less likely to be upset that their preferred/voted on colors lost.
I don't think they were talking about getting to vote on anything, they were just curious of the full line of options! I'm always curious about that too, it's interesting to see what we could have had, but even just seeing those options would probably cause some type of discourse anyways.
Torchiiko's AvatarTorchiiko

QUOTE originally posted by Shazi

We can look into trying again with the foongus recolours, we liked how the yellow/green played into their poison nature but that seems to have fallen flat with the userbase. I can look into bringing a blue back similarly to how we did the growlithe line but given the shiny is blue that may not be possible
personally, the green does show off the toxicity but it does so in a rather unappealing way.. and as already mentioned, the shiny is purple :p some potential inspo for a blue melan is blue chanterelle mushrooms! i think theyre pretty cool looking and theyve got these nice dark blues
SoulWesson's AvatarSoulWesson

QUOTE originally posted by Møroha

I don't think they were talking about getting to vote on anything, they were just curious of the full line of options! I'm always curious about that too, it's interesting to see what we could have had, but even just seeing those options would probably cause some type of discourse anyways.
No, no, there was no mention of it for this wave, but there had been for the last wave. Was simply bringing that back to the forefront with the "seen a lot of people mentioning this", that's all. But yeah, no doubt! I'm curious about what some of them could have been, but I'd be rather bummed out if a combination I would have liked more was among the rejected options!

Pages: 123··· 693694695696697··· 746747748

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page