PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion >

Pages: 123··· 648649650651652··· 744745746

Çelestanê's AvatarÇelestanê
Can I throw some appreciation towards new magikarp line? It's SO PRETTY! Albino is cute, so... yellow-y :D Melan is absolutely gorgeous in all the forms! Very, very nice re-vamp
MeowOrNever's AvatarMeowOrNever
I.. literally don't understand why the colours of a Pokémon that got updated a few months (?) ago had to be changed again? I didn't want to say anything about the Sinnoh sprites, because most of them needed an update, even if I'm gonna miss a few of them, but I just don't get this sprite update.. at all.. I get that part that the sprite had to get an update, but the colours.. why? I'm literally at the point where I don't even want to hunt for any melans, because they might just get changed the next day even if they were changed multiple times already.. Is it really necessary to go back to gen 1 again and change the sprites? Can we even hunt anything without having to worry about our favourites getting a revamp again? It really does frustrate me because I pay for my Hypermode and I'd rather hunt stuff that I know is gonna stay the same, because I'm just not sure how long I can afford to hunt these babies for.. But on a positive note, I love the new Gyarados sprites... I really do.. I'm just worried and confused. I hope it didn't come off as rude, I'd like to apologise in advance if it did.
quinnpanda's Avatarquinnpanda
i agree with meowornever, it just doesn’t make sense that they were changed? i’m not complaining about the colors, i love them SO much, but it just feels a little out of the blue to change something that’s already been fixed up. on a lighter note, i love the deep magenta of the melan on magikarp, plus melan mega gyarados looks incredible! definitely a future hunt now
= 20 = 20
Template credit: izu.ku Avatar credit: Agent8
MochaFox's AvatarMochaFox
It has been stated many times that revamps do not equal finished or untouchable. Sometimes we notice an error ( "oh heck we just noticed we didn't make then dark / light enough" ), or find the need to touch up a line because they were done when the color math wasn't as refined. Usually these get checked on when a fakemon is being resprited or when we finally get to it on a list. ( which may take a while because Art Staff has a lot on their plates )
✦ ✦
64/500+
141/500+
✦ ♥ Jacob Daniel born 7/17/18 ♥ ♥ Zander Leon due 8/1/24 ♥
✧ Template: [✦] | Avatar: [✦] | Background: [✦] | Font: [✦]
that makes sense, thank you for the explanation! also, i’m glad you brought up color math! as someone who enjoys making art, i was wondering if anyone on the art team could explain to me what exactly it is? i hope this doesn’t come off as rude in any way, i’m just interested in what math is involved in it so i can better understand the art team’s process c:
No no, not rude at all! c: It was explained before, but I cannot find the post. I'll ask the Art Staff if they have the post, and if not if they can take some time to explain the color math. EDIT: Found it~
I just have to say, the new variant is so cute!!!
Avatar credits: Melan Plusle & Minun Galaxy avatar made by Sharpy, (for my use only)
normally, wooper and its evolution are some of my least favorite pokémon, but i’m absolutely smitten with their galvanic forms!! i know this is unlikely, what with the way melans are calculated and all, but it would be so pretty for the melan to have green lightning on it! no matter what it turns out to be, i will love it <3

QUOTE originally posted by quinnpanda

normally, wooper and its evolution are some of my least favorite pokémon, but i’m absolutely smitten with their galvanic forms!! i know this is unlikely, what with the way melans are calculated and all, but it would be so pretty for the melan to have green lightning on it! no matter what it turns out to be, i will love it <3
While its not quite green and more of a teal ( to me anyway. c: ), I hope you enjoy the Melan ;w; the entirety of Staff has been smitten with this fella and very excited about its colors and how cute it is ❤
upon seeing the melan sprite i want to hunt it immediately, it’s such a pretty color!!!! baja blast <3 (art team, i commend you for doing such a great job on this sprite. absolutely a favorite)

Pages: 123··· 648649650651652··· 744745746

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page