PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion >

Pages: 123··· 543544545546547··· 744745746

Nightmøn's AvatarNightmøn
I'm so much in need of a dark delta Celebi right now. So I can call it "Mega Dark Angry Onion™" But for now, I'm going to search for a dex trade :')
My first language is french! So sorry in advance for misunderstanding xD Profile picture made by myself! Gacha for DCP!
Cele's AvatarCele
Okay, time for a little information about this one! It's kinda customary for there to be an end of the year mega legendary (re: Bunbori is technically PFQ's pseudo-Mew, etc). So, I suggested Celebi as the species and contributed some lore ideas for it. It was meant to be more faerie-like in appearance than the regular Celebi, especially the wings. I originally had the vines coming from the arms of the Celebi, out of the elbow. The original sketch had a seed growing in the ends of Celebi's hair, and this seed was significant in the lore I wanted to give it. The seed was meant to be a really special thing, where if you consumed it, you would experience effects similar to the fountain of life - you'd basically stop ageing and would gain all of this vitality and energy. I didn't want to introduce too much conflict to this concept either - Celebi is a mythical Pokemon to begin with, and can pretty much time jump or fly off and get away from most issues, after all - so I didn't think there'd be too many people at all maliciously pursuing Mega Celebi for its seed to use for that sort of life-giving elixir. This ties in with its time and nature abilities, basically, since it affects the way time affects a being via ingesting that seed. I was thinking, if anything, this seed being bestowed to a human was a result of the ultimately very positive opinion that the Celebi had to have of them and the mutually beneficial relationship they'd have to share in order for it to Mega evolve in the first place, and the seed would very likely be used by such a kind person for the purpose of healing severe physical ailments in someone they knew. Trolltaku posted one of the earliest, if not the first, sketches based on my idea and ramblings. The tunic/dress that Trolltaku gave it was different than the one you currently see on-site, and it was very... I believe I called it Tinker Bell-like in appearance. It was quite cute. The wings Taku gave it were a lot rounder as well. I believe it was wearing a flower crown and had a belt or sash around its waist as well. I had some very rough sketches by that point that vaguely introduced the wing shape you see now, with the sharper tips. The feet were different on mine as well, but it had the vines from the arms that I was talking about before. This sketch also introduced the idea of the antennae actually coming out of the eyeshadow Celebi has and merging with it. I also introduced some manner of collar about the neck. It was meant to look like the place where the stem of the rose meets its bud and splits away. I didn't have it in a tunic, but rather a skirt that expanded on the dark colouring on the lower half of the regular Celebi. Animela was the next one to jump on the idea. She took the sketches and ideas that Taku and I had been tossing about and set out to kind of fuse the appealing aspects of each. The collar stayed, the antennae had black roots and came from just above the eye markings, the Celebi had a very Tinker Bell-like dress, but the vines were still coming out of the arms and the seed still came out of the head. Animela's wings on it had a very similar shape to what they currently are, but not quite. Novie got some ideas and jumped on it, choosing the final wing shape to be more moth-like and giving them markings. The vines were removed from the arms and put on the dress, and the seed was split up and placed at the ends of the vines. It still had a collar, and the dress changed away from the Tinker Bell one to the one you see now. Since it no longer had the seed in its hair, the hair was elongated and given a slightly wild look. The antennae were fused back with the eyeshadow again, rather than being above it. Ultimately, Novie's idea was everything we wanted in essence while still solving the issues our designs had. Now we just needed a Dex entry. I jumped all over that, because I wanted it to just be really heckin' pure as I've described above. The idea with the berries being left everywhere it went was from Novie since she was working on the reveal artwork and using a sketch style very similar to the one seen in the Pokemon 4Ever film. I believe the reveal artwork was then passed to Sei for colouring.

QUOTE originally posted by Original Dex Entry

Full of life and nature energy in its purest form, the seeds at the end of Mega Celebi's vines contain enough nutrients to make miracle salves. Flora flourish in its wake, and often an overabundance of berries in nearby trees marks where it has been.
This was far too long, so I pared it down to the Dex entry it has now. I'm really glad that you guys like the Celebi baby we worked together to make. Thank you all so much for your kind words. 💙
sig code and sig bg image made by me
C10H12N2O's AvatarC10H12N2O
I really love reading the write-ups and process of new sprites. It gives a great insight into the love and care you guys put into these things.
Adorable avatar by Quartz
selocon's Avatarselocon
Oh my god melan Regirock looks like he's mossy!!!!!!
Avatar by the best lizard ever, Bananalizard #standwithEMS #ELM
Score: 2659
pixelkitty's Avatarpixelkitty
It's legends day, ain't it? I'm just waiting for Meloetta. But those are some beauties. I really like Volcanion myself. I love lime greens.
⚢ Sylveon PFP from Pokemon Shuffle
murfijs's Avatarmurfijs
WHA?where did all these melan legendaries come from ?!
selocon's Avatarselocon
Eggs. That's where.
skiddo's Avatarskiddo
I was gonna say, the hard work and dedication of PFQ's userbase.... Or, yeah, eggs. Congrats to Cap, Manda and Niwa on the beautiful melans!! And especially Manda, I know you've been collecting and waiting for your beautiful emerald rock for so long, I'm so glad to see it paid off, and with a first-on-site no less!
0 / 200
Buying Viridian Epees for 25zc each in my shop!
(credits)
code by skiddo; banner by mochafox; sprite by pfq; bg is official
C10H12N2O's AvatarC10H12N2O
Holy cow, congrats on the melan delta tessa! She's gorgeous, and I love the name!
Nightmøn's AvatarNightmøn
Loving all the new melan. Except volcanion, but since the melan is based on the shiny and I dont like the color scheme... Yea xD Great discoveries nonetheless! I particularly like the hairs of both form of meloetta! Tho the eyes on the pirouette forms seems a bit too bright? Just a personal preference, great work! Maybe we'll get all the melan discoveries before the Galar waves? XD

Pages: 123··· 543544545546547··· 744745746

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page