PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion >

Pages: 123··· 535536537538539··· 746747748

Biscotti's AvatarBiscotti
Wow, that's a beautiful melan tessa!! Congrats, I loveee the yellowy-gold colors on the back of the spider. It's a pretty contrast with the reddish brown and I love the red eyes too ^^
Sei's AvatarSei
Remember we have a hard canvas limit of 100x100 - even then we hardly try to approach it. Totem braviary can easily be redone once we have more breating room, but a large bird needs a lot of canvas room to spread those wings! Also, I'm glad everyone likes pepyre and skarasear. They're mine and novie's babies <3 Novie designed Pepyre while I designed Skarasear. Avaritia worked on the sprites and Ava and aly worked on the alt colors with the guidelines I provided for the colors C:
Kang's AvatarKang

QUOTE originally posted by Sei

Remember we have a hard canvas limit of 100x100 - even then we hardly try to approach it. Totem braviary can easily be redone once we have more breating room, but a large bird needs a lot of canvas room to spread those wings! Also, I'm glad everyone likes pepyre and skarasear. They're mine and novie's babies <3 Novie designed Pepyre while I designed Skarasear. Avaritia worked on the sprites and Ava and aly worked on the alt colors with the guidelines I provided for the colors C:
Couldn't you do even a little bit to the wings (or at least one of them)? I think it's just the fact it looks a little stiff? Like it doesnt quite flow (its close, but still isnt quite right)?? I think the sitting pose is alright, but...I'm not sure how to explain without legal issues and you having to toss what I have in mind to the side. :c It just needs more of a flow is all I can say. I don't think it will take much wiggle room depending on what is on mind. Then again...Im not art staff and I dont do pixle work. ;; Im just trying to say even the smallest adjustment to it could work wonders..
  • Info
  • Banners
  • Other Credits
I collect Tidal Bells
I buy them for 150k cr or 30 zc as long as i can afford it! Please DM me if you have any for sale!
175/500+

0/3000
Forum Icon: By LilypadLife of my character Frost! Check out their art shop!
credit
Code @Colorful Pixel art @Blazermaze00
Charsaurtle's AvatarCharsaurtle
There could have been a bit more character added to the sprite, for example having the chest puffed out or the head held higher proudly instead of just... leaning forward weirdly? I'm okay with the pose not showing wings, it just looks really neutral.
Shop<>Journal Fabulous avatar by Rebecca_Marigold Buying
Life Antlers
: 100k credits / 100 GP / 20 ZC
Art by Charsaurtle
"I'm a good pretender I'm not really cool I'm a good pretender 'Cause I'm just like you I do not belong here You all clearly do But I'm a good pretender So I'm just like you."
skiddo's Avatarskiddo
The new bug is adorable and I want five million ;_;
59 / 200
Not actively buying. Or actively doing anything in general.
(credits)
code by skiddo; banner by mochafox; sprite by pfq; bg is official
Cinis's AvatarCinis
Oh gosh such a gooood bug ;w; I want to hunt it right now ♥ The evos are so incredible good. I rly need the full line! but no gp atm :/ Wish Tourneymon would also be breedable right away (maybe with a breedingrate like Kinaster lol)
Typeracescore 11909
I can't help but notice how detailed Aphreyd line sprites are, yet they are not overly complicated or have 'crowded pixels' feel. Scavady is my personal favourite, it is so well done, especially the wings and shading. Though I feel like shiny is a bit too dark in colour but I can't wait to see melan. I wish I could see the concept art because this is impressive. I noticed sprite work on site has become much, much better recently and I can only say keep up the good work and keep on improving!
Offering 20.000 for 6IV Ditto Disclaimer: I'm not native English speaker. Please read my posts and messages in calm and friendly tone, and do ask for further clarification in case of confusion. Thank you! ~
timid's Avatartimid
I have a lot to say about this new line, and fair warning that it's not all good I really, really love Scavady. Like, it's my favorite fakemon now. It looks like an actual pokemon that would exist, and I would put it on my team and love it because I'm a crazy bug guy. I also love Aphreyd, but I find it really... generic? the sprite work is excellent, it's just adorable, but it also literally just looks like an actual bug that's been a little cutified. There's nothing wrong with that, just a nitpick but it does being me to my big point. I've been waiting for a dragon/bug pokemon since forever and I just so wish it had stayed sort of bulky and derpy looking the way Scavady is. Mantidra doesnt really look like part of the rest of the line? I feel like the base coloring lacks cohesion throughout the line with slight shifts in hue that arent really reflected in the alternates by my eyes? There's also kind of the slight oddness that aphids are eaten by ladybugs and mantises would probably eat a ladybug. Shifting entire species it's based off through it's line is... slightly odd. Anyway, the sprite work is amazing, and they're babey. I can't exactly put my finger on why I don't like Mantidra? Maybe it's the way it's body bulges out towards the back a bit under it, or the various spikes and claws on it not all being the same color? I'm going to chalk it up to personal opinion because it's work very well done, but for all intents and purposes Scavady will be the final evolution in my eyes Thank you for these bug children
Napstablook sprite by Toby Fox. Question mark from default pfq icon. Thrown together by me.
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]

QUOTE originally posted by timid

There's also kind of the slight oddness that aphids are eaten by ladybugs and mantises would probably eat a ladybug. Shifting entire species it's based off through it's line is... slightly odd.
You haven't read the Dex entries, have you? ;)
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
SpoodleBug's AvatarSpoodleBug
i didnt even realise it was dragon type. i still think the obvious dragonfly would have been a better fit, but the more bugs the better! i agree with timid, it changes species and thats just weird ;-; the spritework is lovely as always! lil too tired to give a proper comment right now but good job~
Avvy by SimonPetrikov

Pages: 123··· 535536537538539··· 746747748

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page