PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion >

Pages: 123··· 438439440441442··· 746747748

BananaLizard's AvatarBananaLizard
Huh, that's weird, they just don't show for me, but good. Yes those are new. XD it was still showing the old black and neon ones. ;w; sorry guys.
AxelBby's AvatarAxelBby
anyone who is seeing the old ones and not the new ones ctrl f5 to clear cache and the new ones should show up instead please make sure you have nothing important open before you do this though
Avatar drawn by https://pokefarm.com/user/Breadkureiji Check out our trade shop
haha its ok liz ^^ for some reason gorbiss (how ever you spell it) isnt showing its new sprite on my computer
Hello I'm Mitchell. Visit Saturn's Shops there quite nice. Oh? You don't know who Saturn is? Well this user used to be BloodyScarlett and Hexel!
Hey! I'm Jade! Saturn loves to chat! So if you want, give her a friendly hello!
Heya! I'm Angel! I want to credit all these cool artists who made us, and banners! These are made by an awesome sprite artists, Lord Magikarp and William Allen! They all have a shop you should visit! Gezie drew Saturn's icon
help saturn get hypermode
Zophan Canister
0/2500 ♡♡Pkmn Adopt and Auction shop♡♡
xixi's Avatarxixi
I'm not an artist, so please take this with a grain more like a barrel of salt. probably just my dead eyes but to me, the melan mudkip's eyes look bigger than the shiny? *shrug* maybe just the highlights in the eyes are more noticeable in the melem. Either way, thank you staff for an amazing update! There are very many fantastic babbos! The Torchics look amazing! I love the colors on both the albino and the melan! Admittedly, I don't really like the colors on this one (maybe because the green is a little bright? Idk how to describe it) but the colors seem to work really well on the mega Swapert! The albino Wurmple's colors are great too jflklkjfs I can't really see the patches underneath the eyes tho I have bad eyesight so that could just be me and I don't really like the colors. I think the blue top is bothering me? I don't have any suggestions tho because I'm not much of an artist, sorry! But Albino Masquerain, Melan Surskit, and Melan Masquerain are all great! Albino and Melan Nincada line look great! I love the colors and I hafta hunt this one day Skitty line: amazing and I love it. The eyes on the Illumise look kinda off to me. Maybe cause the eyes on the shiny are darker than the rest of the body, but on the melan, the eyes are a bright pink/magenta? I love the purple crown on the Cacnea jlksjdoij Melan Swablu line: I prefer the old coloring, but these ones look great too! And I really like the new pose for the mega ^^ Albino Chingling and Melan Chingling and Chimecho are excellent. I hafta hunt these now. I don't really like the coloration on the Albino Chimecho, but that's my personal preferance and it's consistant, which is great! Thank you, all the art staff for all your hard work! I hope I wasn't rude, I'm really sorry if I was in any way! Hoenn's albino and melan sprites look much, much better now!
I like birbs. birbs are great ^^ Amazing avatar made by icymoon193! You can find their shop here!
PurpleTiger's AvatarPurpleTiger
oof i dont like the new clamperl line at all blue green melans hurt me :') i loved most of the hoenn updates but my favorite hoenn pokemon seem to be my least favorite of the updates now rip me maybe if i stare at them long enough i'll stop being bothered i d e k ... i guess i do like gorebyss a little better because the green is closer to yellow now and yellow is the best color uwu this is just my crappy reaction dont have to read into it aa
Profile picture by me! Animation Commissions OPEN! (15+) My batty babies: Bat drawings by TheSoapyDolphin
Shiro-san's AvatarShiro-san
Hello. I'm here to pop in about some new sprites. The art team did an amazing job on the megas, they looks so clean and dynamic! Especially mega glalie, I was shocked to see how much cooler it looked! And the slight edit to rayquaza is perfect. A lot of albinos got very nice shades to them too, I think I might aim for a treecko and swablu sometime. It took some time, but melan absol has grown on me a bit. However, I have one little request to ask. I'm sorry if it's too much to ask, but I was wondering if maybe a tinge of blue could be added to albino absol? It seems like it could just use a tiny touch of color to the horns. I'm not asking for a bright blue, a tiny tinge is all it needs to tie together. And it would still be consistent with the line since regular absol has a blue grey tone to the horns. Plus then the melan would fit perfectly since the shiny red, and albino blue combine to make purple. I understand it this comes off as rude since the art team is very busy, but it would make me very happy to see it added.
All art and coding by me.Deviant Art-Toyhou.se
Saving credits for a Type:Null hunt.Swapping gp for credits 1:1k, buying ultra beasts 150gp each, null vouchers ,1,000gp! Just send a trade or pm!
× 104638669 / 200,000,000
You can't make suggestions due to copyright issues. Honestly, I'm sorry for being harsh earlier. I realy love most of the revamps, but man, I didn't like melan Ralts. Albino Ralts is adorable, and I adore the new pose for Mega Gardevior. Sorry for being rude, it was just a shock.
Travelling Chef born in Kalos, currently exploring Paldea!
(Roleplay-ish Account, Message me for my free fields!)
Poké-Hatcher's AvatarPoké-Hatcher
I love love LOVE the new Melan Gulpin and I 100% plan on hunting it! But on its minisprite, the outlines on its body are all wonky - you can only see its eyes. Can you fix the outlines so its mouth and hands stand out?
My babies: Avatar - art by myself / You can call me PH or Hatcher c:
Feeble's AvatarFeeble
im late but i just saw melan chingling and it is so pretty i gotta hunt it!! all these sprites are really good and definitely better than the neon ones (at least imo)! i also think the new mega poses are really cool!
art by me, my fursona
art shop | adopt shop
KAKarma's AvatarKAKarma
Okay after around a day of trying to wrangle words I have figured out how to say what I wanted about the new sprites without feeling like i'm grasping at the broken messy straws we call the english language. And I can't get this across enough please do not take anything I say personally dear artists as this is just my opinion... well okay take some of it personally. Namely the compliments. Those are all yours ;P . I'll put them in read mores since each is kinda long. And do not hesitate to let me know if I wroded something poorly or come across as rude or anything as I'd REALLY want to fix that as I Really cant say enough this is just my creative opinion and I do trust you with what you are visioning. Feel free to just ignore this as a good 75% of the reason I typed this all out was that it was bugging me and I needed it out in a better worded way. :p

The main thing I don't like

I don't think I need to break this part up to much as it's only one main thing, since I’m not gonna say what I dislike about the individual pokemon that I am not a fan of. Instead im gonna focus on how some of the sprites worked better for certain pokemon before due to what the pokemon IS. The clearest example I can make are with the rock and plant pokemon, and I don't mean their type I mean by what they appear to be made of. I'll start on explaining why I liked the old sprites of the one pokemon that I was sad to see changed the most, tho remember I am very biased with this as I took months, perhaps even over a year, hunting this pokemon. Sableye. Sableye before I felt was REALLY fitting to the fact the pokemon looked like it was made of stone, and matched the shiny well. The shiny looks like it's made of polished copper holding a light emarald, the original a dark amethyst with a ruby, and I felt the old albino and melanistic followed this trend with the Albino looking like it was a smoky rose quartz holding a pink diamond or clear rose quartz, and the Melanistic being made of Obsidian holding a beautiful sapphire (I looove that shade of blue). I agree a lot of the old sprites did need to change, the bright neon and black a little off putting, but not all of them, such as for this one melen it wasn't Neon looking, and seemed almost natural. And as a rock it was really fitting. One example that hasn't been changed that I also think shows this is Gigalith! It looks like a dark granite or such stone with Fools gold jutting out of it! Perhaps deepen the colour a little, but it really doesn’t look too odd despite the rich colour and black/dark grey combo because of WHAT the pokemon is! Another I think that doesnt need, and would suffer from the dark red and colourless treatment that melens have been getting is the Roselia line. I think that the most you really have to do is make the body a dark dark green and not black and slightly dim the colours of the flowers, but having the rich yellow and red flowers are really nice and since Roses do come in an absolute myriad of colours it’s cool to see that taken advantage of and not making it look all the same. Perhaps if you must keep it darks make the roses straight up black? Since natural black roses are very rare in real life (growing in only one place if I remember correctly) and it would be fitting so rare a hatch to have such a rare colour to see at all? The dark purple some melens have might work, but keeping a yellowish or perhaps even blue would be pretty. Also away from the ‘they are fitting for what the pokemon are made of’ idea… the rich colour with dark grey and blacks is such a beautiful and striking mix with many of them that it’s for many what makes them so worth hunting! I know it was because the colours stole my heart that I spent so long hunting sableye. Dulling the colours for many and making them these boring shades that don't fit the pokemon for so many isn’t really… attractive? To collect? I’m not saying keep the eye blinding neon, I’m just saying don't COMPLETELY take away the colour to all look the same. Sorry If any of this was already countered and I missed the reply to it. Dont meant to be repeating someone elses point. ^^

The things I do! (aka the more important part)

Now for what I do like! Honestly this narrows down to a lot of hand gestures and vaug saounds as I gester at the sprites and reapeat 'I love' and 'so nice' since I suck at complments compaird to the above, but Imma do my best to put these feelings in a more human way XD

Sableye

Okay I really DON'T like the changes made to sableye after how long I hunted them purely for how they looked before, but that’s why I’m adding this to show even tho I dont like them, there are things I do like from them! And never just point out the negatives of art, that’s just complaining not criticizing. (focussing on the megas as with the normals it’s mostly just the colours that changed) First off the new pose, I really like how you chose to change the pose from the old one, making the grin bigger as they look like they are creeping around, a fitting pose for these pokemon. Secondly, while I feel they don't suit Sableye I love the pallet you chose for the albinos. A soft minty blue and pastel purple is a really cute colour choice that work well with each other. As for the melanistic colours they are a little more fitting for sableye, making them look like you’d find them in an abandoned mine or the sewers with how the body seems to be the colour of thick rust, as if you ran a hand over them it would feel rough and come away with a thick layer of rust coloured powder on it. The gem a Citrine or Yellow Topaz, tho I’m leaning towards citrine.

Swablu

I really like the melen for this one! I normally don't care about this line but I love how the melen makes them look like storm clouds now, and the lighting you did on the underside of the megas is really cool and I LOVE it! I might have to add this one to my hunt list because of that. It’s like the clouds are being lit up my a lightning strike.

Melen Shuppet line

Mainly the mega, I LOVE the change from the blinding neons here to a deep teal and pine-ish green. Also the change of the sprite itself is really good and looks so much better!! Another I’m gonna have to add to my hunt list.

Froslass

Once again another I need to add to my hunt list I love the changes you did to this whole lain, but mostly Froslass! I really like how there is some colour in the melen and while it is kinda like the albino is just in some dark shade I think it really works here.

Ralts line

Here it’s more the Albino I have an opinion on, and normally I don't really care for albinos here I really like how the pastel colours work for this line!! It really works well here. The cottoncandy pink and mint green are a nice mix, standing out and feeling soft on the eyes (if that discription makes any sence :p)

Milotic

This is one case where the red colour works for the melen, and another where the albino is reallly pretty. <3 I love it. The light green for the tail of the albino is super nice from the only blond yellow working well with the pastell purple. Also the dark read of the melen is really nice with the dark red/burgany. A good colour choice.
300/350
654/2100
1566/3200
Collecting the above.

Pages: 123··· 438439440441442··· 746747748

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page