PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Life of a trainer

Forum Index > Pokémon > Pokémon FF > Completed Pkmn FF >

Pages: 1234

Loksfjoer's AvatarLoksfjoer
Chapter 22 – Caught in a blizzard A figure could be seen trudging through the snow. The howling wind made the snow fly through the air almost horizontally. Dressed in a long, brown coat, Andy briefly looked up, before pulling his shoulders up again and putting his arms more tightly around his chest, keeping his hands in his armpits. “Who’s bright idea was it to go over the mountains instead of around?” Andy grumbled to himself. “Seriously, this will be the last time I’ll do this. I don’t care how long it’ll take, the next time I’m walking trough it, around it or use some kind of transportation.” Cursing some more, mainly at the weather, Andy was going forward, just going one step at the time. He had pulled the brown cap of the coat over his head, to keep him warm and his hair dry. A layer of snow was building up on his back, camouflaging the brown colour of the fabric under it’s own white colour. He couldn’t help but think about Henry and how he was doing. Surely Henry would be in a better position then he was. He also thought about his home on Rhando Island. The only high place on the islands was a volcano, nothing like the ice and wind he had encountered on this mountain. Even though it was cold and wet up here, there was no way he would turn back. No-one ever accomplished anything by going back. Besides, he was already more then half way, or at least he should be. It was difficult to tell with the blizzard and all. Andy decided that turning back would only make the travel longer, so he wouldn’t do that. As suddenly as the blizzard had begun it died out again. Andy blinked, surprised by this sudden but very welcome change. He straightened his back, brushed the snow from his shoulders and moved on with renewed energy. There was no sign of life around here, if there had been any tracks they were covered under a new layer of snow. It was almost a shame to walk through the smooth layer of snow and leave a set of footprints, but it was cold enough to not feel guilty about that for more then a few seconds. As he walked he looked up at the sky to see that the grey clouds were still in the air, but on a few places in the sky sunlight was peering through the clouds. A very welcome sight and it lifted his spirit even more. He took his time to admire the landscape now, the grey rocks covered by snow. “This is really something. Maybe this wasn’t such a bad idea after all,” Andy said to himself, as there was no-one else around who could hear him. Sure, it was cold, his breath was visible with every exhale, but the rough grey and white terrain was a spectacular sight. He looked up again and stopped dead in his tracks, his mouth fell open and he stared at the clouds. A ray of sunlight shone through an opening in the clouds and illuminated a blue bird with a long blue tail. Articuno. There was no doubt, Andy was sure this was the legendary icebird. With trembling hands from excitement Andy grabbed his camera and quickly took a few pictures. Then he realised something else and he took his Poké Balls. “Guys, you’ve got to see this!” Seconds later his four Pokémon were standing in the snow. His Primeape, Furret, Noctowl and Butterfree were looking around to see what there was to see. His Butterfree shivered and Andy partly unzipped his jacket. “Come here, Benny.” The other three had protection from the could with their fur and feathers, Benny had no such protection. Benny flew to Andy and nestled in his half open jacket. Then Andy pointed to the sky. “Look over there, it’s Articuno.” They all looked in the direction Andy was pointing and silently observed the flying Pokémon calmly fly away. “Free,” Benny sighed and Andy smiled. He remembered how he had been bragging he’d capture Articuno during a picnic with Henry, just moments before he noticed a certain Caterpie eating from his honey sandwich. And Benny had been with him ever since. “Alright,” he said after a while. “I’ll better move along. You’ll better go back into your Poké Balls. Benny nodded as he shivered slightly, but Kim shook her head, holding on to his legs. “You want to stay out? Alright. Bear? Merlin? Do you want to stay out as well?” They both shook their heads and Andy dug up the three Poké Balls to return them one at the time. When he put the Poké Balls safely away again he looked down at his Furret and winked. “Now it’s just you and me, princess. Let’s go, I’m getting mighty cold up here.” Kim lightly walked next to him on all four legs, glad to be out. She made big steps, struggling a bit with the snow, but she managed. They walked for another hour through the snowy landscape when another blizzard caught them by surprise. Andy raised his arm to shield his face from the snow and Kim moved her head to the right to shield a part of her face from the snow. “You’ll better go into your Poké Ball now,” Andy said, but Kim shook her head. “This is no time to be hard headed, we’re in a blizzard. Go back in your Poké Ball.” Andy held it in his hand and aimed it at his Furret. Again Kim shook her head and Andy let out a sigh, dropping the Poké Ball. “Alright, fine. If you prefer to struggle in the snow with me you can, but if I see this is taking you too much trouble you will go in your Poké Ball. Understood?” Kim nodded and continued to walk, she kept her head low to the ground and narrowed her eyes a bit to deal with the snow that was falling down and the wind that howled around them. Together they struggled forward through the snow. In a way it was comforting he wasn’t alone, but another part of him was worried about his Pokémon. Still, Andy had to admit she was doing well. Time passed by and Andy walked on, but the exhaustion and cold caught up with him. He struggled to keep standing on his feet in the wind and snow, but was unable to keep going and fell on his knees. Kim turned around and let out worried noises when she noticed Andy sitting in the snow like that. Andy could hear her, but the sounds seemed to come from far. He fell forward in the snow, exhausted. Kim jumped forward and stood next to him, shaking him with her paws while calling him. As her fear for Andy’s situation grew, her voice got louder and higher. She cried out for help, but her voice disappeared in the howling wind around them. She cried out again, as loud as she could, hoping someone would hear her. As she cried for help the third time a figure appeared in the blizzard. The shade of two wings and a body appeared and it came closer, until finally Articuno landed. The ice-bird had little trouble flying through the blizzard and landed close to Andy, standing majestically, and looked down at the Furret and Human. As soon as Articuno had landed, Kim had jumped up to hide behind Andy. Now, she carefully looked at the blue bird from behind him. “Why are you calling for help?” Articuno asked majestically, keeping his head up as he spoke. “I-it’s Andy. H-he just c-collapesed,” Kim stuttered, looking cautiously up at the legendary bird-pokémon. “Please help me, I-I don’t know what to do.” Articuno’s eyes focused on the motionless Andy, who was lying with his eyes closed in the snow. “And what makes this human so special that he must be saved?” “Because he has always been good fur us!” Kim said as she put her paws on Andy’s back in a protective manner, forgetting about her earlier fear for the legendary Pokémon. “He’s kind and sweet, he took care of me when I was injured. Please, oh please just help him!” The Articuno, standing tall and majestically, slowly spread his wings, lifted his head and opened his beak to let out a loud and penetrating cry, a call carried by the wind of the blizzard. In a cave nearby several Jinx were sitting together when they heard the cry. “That is Articuno,” one of them said. “We must go and help.” One after another the Jinx left the cave and walked through the blizzard, guided to the place where Andy was lying by Articuno’s cries. When the Jinx appeared at the scene Articuno looked at them with a slightly tilted head. “Take care of them,” he commanded. He spread his wings and flew up. The Jinx quickly gathered around Andy as the Articuno flew away. “Oh my, he’s exhausted.” “And cold.” “Let’s bring him to our cave.” Several Jinx picked the unconscious Andy up from the snow and carried him away to their cave. A worried Kim walked next to them, looking worriedly in Andy’s direction. “Will he be alright?” Kim asked. “Please tell me he’ll be alright.” “Don’t worry,” one of the Jinx said with a warm, motherly voice. “Your friend will be alright.” The Jinx walked back to their cave with Andy and Kim followed them. In the entrance she shook her fur to rid it of the snow, before rushing in and hurrying to Andy, who was laid down on some dry hay by the Jinx. She sniffed his pale face and touched his cheek with her paw. “He feels so cold!” she exclaimed. “Don’t worry, we’ll get him warm soon enough.” None of the Jinx seemed to worry. One of them started a fire close to Andy, two others removed his jacket and a forth one came with a blanket and wrapped him in it with one of the other Jinx, as one of them walked away with his jacket. Kim watched the Jinx work and then turned her attention to the pockets of Andy’s trousers. She took the Poké Balls of Benny, Bear and Merlin out, placed them on the ground and tapped each of them with her paw. “Come out quickly!” Seconds later the three Pokémon were standing on the cavern floor and looked around. “What’s wrong, Kim?” Merlin asked calmly, but as soon as the sentence was finished, Benny had already spotted Andy. “Oh no! Andy!” He flew up and landed on Andy’s chest, looking worried at his wet hair, pale skin and closed eyes. “What happened?” “He suddenly collapsed while walking and Articuno came and then these Jinx came and-” “Calm down,” Merlin interrupted Kim. “Start from the beginning, but slowly.” Kim took in a deep breath and told the others what had happened, how Andy collapsed in the snow, how she called for help and that Articuno had come, how he had warned the Jinx, who had brought Andy to the cave they were now. “That fool,” Merlin sighed. “Why did he choose that route? Does he ever think before he acts?” “You only say that because you’re worried,” Benny said. “It was bad luck, I’m sure that if the blizzard hadn’t come he would have made it across.” Bear rolled his eyes. “Why are you looking so worried?” he asked the others. “He just needs some rest and he’ll be fine. He’s way to awesome to let something trivial as a blizzard stop him.” Merlin looked in Bear’s direction. “Your misplaced optimism won’t help. This is a very serious situation.” “You’re just too pessimistic,” Bear retorted. “He’ll be fine,” Benny said determined, looking at the Primeape and Noctowl. “That, he will,” one of the Jinx said, coming closer with a pillow in her hands. “Don’t worry, give him some time to rest and get warm.” She gently placed the pillow under Andy’s head and turned to the four Pokémon. “Now, who’s up for some soup? We learned to make it from a Human who lives a couple miles away.” “It’s not the first time we’ve taken care of people or Pokémon who get lost in a blizzard,” another Jinx added. Meanwhile, Articuno landed in front of a wooden house and called the owner inside. Inside, a broad man with black curled hair and a black beard was standing next to his stove, adding some more coal to it to keep the fire burning. He looked up when he heard the cry and rushed through the living room to open the door. There he stared at Articuno. “What…” Articuno drew with his claw a cave, a Jinx and a Human in the snow. “There is a Human with the Jynx in need of help?” Articuno nodded and flew away. “Articuno, wait!” It was no use, Articuno left. The man, named Boris, returned in his house, put some supplies in a backpack, grabbed a coat and a walking stick and left the house. He looked at the sky with an elevated arm to shield his face from the elements. “The blizzard will die out soon,” he muttered to himself. Boris started walking towards the cave, making slow progress at first because of the blizzard, but as he had predicted the blizzard died out soon after and he picked up the pace. After a while, Andy slowly woke up. First he opened his eyes, trying to figure out where he was, how he got there and what had happened. The last thing he recalled was feeling unbelievably cold and tired. Slowly he got in an upright position, the blanket slipped down and into his lap. He didn’t have time to look around, white and brown fur rushed to him, jumped up and landing on his lap, nudging his face. “Furret, furret, furret, furret, furret,” Kim said, just rubbing her face against his cheek. “I made you worried, didn’t I, princess?” Andy said, smiling softly as he gently stroke her fur. “Sorry about that.” “Freeee!” Benny said, flying towards him and landing against his chest, where Andy put an arm around him. “And you too? I’m alright now.” Next Merlin landed next to him and Bear was standing next to Merlin. Merlin tilted his head slightly and examined him. Bear was enthusiastically hopping from one leg to the other and when he finally stopped his raised his arms in the sky, his equivalent of a thumbs up. Andy grinned and put his thumb up to show he was alright. Then he noticed the Jinx who were standing a bit further, one of them came towards him with a bowl of soup. “Ah, that smells delicious… Kim, try not to rub a hole in my cheek, will you?” Andy said with a smile to his Furret. “Jynx, jynx,” the Jynx calmly said and both Benny and Kim took some distance, so Andy had his arms free for the soup. “Thank you.” Andy took the soup from the Jynx and held it in his hands for a moment, enjoying the warm feeling it gave. After bringing a spoonful of soup to his mouth he turned to the Jynx. “Delicious! You sure know how to take care of a traveller.” After he finished his soup Andy lay down again. Kim came lying next to him, resting her head on his chest. Bear came sitting on the other side, firmly patting his shoulder. A Jynx came closer to put the blanket properly and carefully lifted his head to reposition the pillow. “Ah, the service of a four-star hotel,” Andy sighed. “Five-star,” a voice coming from the entrance of the cave said and Andy looked up. “Five-star, of course. Sorry ladies, I didn’t mean to derogate your excellent service.” The man walked into the cave, after kicking some snow from his boots. He walked towards Andy and Kim jumped up to hide behind Bear, who was glaring at the newcomer and let out a low growl. Boris raised his hands. “Don’t worry, I’m just here to help.” The expression Bear had on his face changed to a happy one and he nodded. Andy shook his head, smiling a bit and looked at the black-haired man in front of him. “I’m Boris. Articuno came to let me know you were here.” “Seriously? Articuno came to you? That’s amazing!” “Don’t think I have some kind of bond with Articuno,” Boris said with a smile. “Today was the third time in my life I’ve seen him, the last time was over three years ago. The encounters never last longer then a minute. The Jynx here are another story, I’ve spent many hours in this cave with them, hiding for a storm or just to see of they’re alright.” Boris sat down on the cave floor, placing his walking stick next to him. “Usually one of them comes to me if they have a stranded traveller, but with the blizzard Articuno apparently decided to get me himself. Now, that’s about me. How about you? How did you get here?” “I have no idea,” Andy said, almost cheerfully. “I was unconscious. Walking in a blizzard is tougher then you might think.” Boris laughed. “Oh, I know all about that. The first time I met these lovely ladies was in a storm much like today, although snow did come early this year. Anyway, I was barely conscious when I noticed figures approach. The picked me up and the next thing I remember is waking up in this cave.” Andy nodded and looked at his Furret. “Well, I had Kim out, so I suppose she either looked for help…” Kim shook her head. “She... called for help.” Kim nodded. “And then the Jynx came?” Kim shook her head and Merlin spread his wings. Andy looked at that gesture with a frown. “Articuno then?” he asked, as Boris had mentioned Articuno as well. Kim nodded to show he was correct. “Wow,” Andy muttered, it was a shame he had missed that. “And after that the Jynx came and they brought me here,” Andy concluded and Kim confirmed the last part with a nod of her head. Boris looked at Andy and nodded slowly. “If you feel well enough to walk again, you can come over to my house and spent the night there. You can continue your journey in the morning.” “And miss out on the fine treatment of these beautiful ladies?” Andy asked, pointing towards the Jinx who seemed to enjoy the flattering. “I have bacon and eggs,” Boris said with a grin. Andy blinked, looked at Boris and got up. “Ladies, it was lovely meeting you, the soup was delicious, the treatment superb, but I really should be going. This man had found a way to my heart. And with that I mean stomach. Although I think he’s just jealous.” Boris burst out in laughter and shook his head. “If you can joke like that, you’re fine. Let’s go then.” Andy nodded and took his jacket from one of the Jynx, thanked her for the jacket and the good care and put it on, followed by his backpack. They all left the cave, Boris, Andy, his four Pokémon and the Jynx. But outside both Andy and Boris stopped. Just a few feet away was Articuno, standing in the snow. Articuno silently looked at Andy, who was in awe by seeing the majestic bird standing so close to him. Benny flew towards Andy, made a few sounds and landed on his backpack, which he unzipped to take out the camera. “Oh, good idea, Benny.” Andy took the camera, hoping the ice-bird wouldn’t fly away. Surprisingly it stayed where it was and Andy took some pictures. When that was done Andy lowered his camera and showed Articuno a grin. “I heard I have you to thank for my rescue. So thanks. I really appreciate it.” Articuno nodded slightly, barely noticeable, but it was a nod. Then the took off and Boris and Andy watched Articuno fly away. Kim came standing next to Andy and waved, shouting something to Articuno. A short reply could be heard from high up in the sky. “You gave him your thanks as well?” Andy asked his Furret, who nodded. “I’m glad you were with me, but you’re all going back in your Poké Balls now. I have Boris to look after me.” One for one he called them back to their Poké Balls, until it was just Boris and the Jynx with him. “Thanks again for your help,” Andy said to the Jynx. “Jynx, Jynx,” the first one replied, nodding her head and the others started waving goodbye. Andy turned around and walked with Boris through the white landscape. Now the blizzard was gone it was a walk he could enjoy and even though it had been a difficult journey so far, he wouldn’t have it any other way. Not with all he had seen now. “Only few people were lucky enough to see Articuno,” Boris said. “And even fewer were lucky enough to see him from so close. You can feel blessed for that experience.” “Trust me, I feel blessed.” A grin appeared on Andy’s face. He couldn’t wait to tell Henry he had actually seen Articuno. Andy spend the night at Boris’ place and they exchanged stories next to the burning stove and while eating some bacon, eggs and bread, accompanied with warm tea. The next day, Boris walked with Andy, leading him through the pass and down to the first village. There they said their goodbye’s and each went their own way again, Andy continued the road towards Kanto and Boris walked back up the mountain.
~ Writer ~ Roleplayer ~ Collector of gems, jewels and fossils ~ My shop: Shop of shiny items My clan: Words of creation Avatar made for me by Armarouge
saltea's Avatarsaltea
Great so far! Waiting for the new chapters~! XD
My Art Shop - Signature edited by @kat on Tumblr, free to use.

Authors note

right, a bit of a slow update. I had some serious difficulties coming up with a name for the brother I liked XD
Chapter 23 – Meet the brother On a sunny autumn morning Andy was standing on the pavement, between two of trees that had been planted neatly in row over the length of the sidewalk. The leaves on the trees were red, yellow and green. A gust of wind ripped a couple of leaves from the trees and gently lay them on the ground. Across the street was a large building with a driveway that gave access to it. Small groups of people were walking to and from the building, an occasional Pokémon was accompanying someone or being carried by someone. After Andy had made it over the mountain he had travelled to the city he now was. He could still see the mountain with the white top where he had come face to face with Articuno behind the large building across the street. A brown haired young man left one of the small groups that came from the tall building and raised his hand to him. A gesture Andy returned with a grin. “Hey Andy, it’s good to see you!” “I know, that’s why I always look in the mirror first thing in the morning,” Andy replied with a grin. He gave his brother a pat on the back. “It’s good to see you, bro.” Matt, the brother of Andy, chuckled and gave his younger brother a pat on the back as well. “I wouldn’t know, I don’t spent too much time in front of a mirror.” “You should, we share the dazzling good looks we inherited most likely from our mother.” Matt was three years older then Andy and was a student at the university across the street, studying archaeology. Where Andy had blond hair, he had brown hair and even though Andy was younger, he was a bit taller then his brother. “I see you’ve let your hair grow,” Matt noted, looking at Andy’s hair. He himself had his hair cut short. “I’m just too lazy to get my hair cut,” Andy chuckled. “I think I’ll keep it like this, I kinda like it.” “It looks good on you. Father won’t approve though.” “Who cares? So, tell me what you’ve been up to.” Together the two brothers started to walk away, Matt took his younger brother to a bar not too far from the university for a drink. Matt had left Rhando island just after Andy had found Benny in the forest. Just like Andy, Matt had his own Pokémon and he had travelled around, before he choose to study for a profession at the university. Andy told is brother about the travel so far, about the Pokémon he had added to his team, the people he had met, the adventures he had gotten himself into. “Articuno, for real?” Matt asked and Andy nodded. “Wow, that’s big. I haven’t seen a legendary Pokémon yet.” “You will, I’m sure of that. How’s your study going?” The brothers talked on and on, they had to catch up after all. They always had been close, even though they were greatly different. Not just by looks, but Matt was a whole lot more serious then Andy was, which in that light meant that was mildly serious in comparison with most of the others students. Still, he was one of the few who could put up with Andy’s way of exaggerating, boasting and joking around. After their talk in the bar, they moved to the park where they called their Pokémon. They wanted to show each other what they had caught over time and they the Pokémon would get to know each other. “You remember my brother, right Benny?” Andy asked and the Butterfree nodded. Benny flew over to Matt, lowered himself so he could hang on his shoulders and gave a cheerful greeting. After that Matt was introduced to the playful Bear, the shy Kim and the serious Merlin. Matt then introduced his Pokémon to Andy. One of the Pokémon, a Houndoom, walked up to Andy to greet him. Andy hadn’t seen him since he was still a Houndour. He remembered that just like him, his brother hadn’t picked up his first Pokémon at the lab. The Houndour had been a gift from Thomas, the old man who lived in the forest just outside Mesperit city on Rhando Island. The other Pokémon that were now standing in the grass were a Charmander, a Pachirisu, a Larvitar, an Aggron and a Golduck. Both Andy and Matt sat down and Matt informed how Henry was doing. Andy had to say he didn’t know, they hadn’t been in contact ever since they went their separate ways in Vermillion City, but that they would meet up in Rhando Island to share their adventures and plan their next travel soon enough. Then a moment of silence fell between them, a comfortable silence, as they watched their Pokémon talk to each other. At one point Benny started laughing and Merlin rolled his eyes. After Benny told the other Pokémon something, while pretending to throw something and pointing at a tree, and while Merlin shook his head for a second time, the other Pokémon laughed as well. Except for Kim, she didn’t seem comfortable laughing about the story. And Merlin just sighed. “I wonder what they’re talking about,” Matt said with a smile. “Oh, I know what story Benny is telling,” Andy replied with a grin and he showed his brother his cracked Poké Ball. He told his brother what had happened when he had tried to catch Merlin and it made his brother laugh as well. They could hear a female voice say ‘Honey!’ and Matt waved at the approaching young woman with a smile. “Honey?” Andy repeated with a grin. “I might have forgot to mention I have a girlfriend now,” Matt stated with a similar grin. “You might have.” Andy looked at his brother’s girlfriend, she certainly was pretty and well-dressed. Matt stood up and greeted his girlfriend with a kiss. “Vivian, this is my younger brother Andy.” “Hello Andy,” Vivian said as she extended her hand. “It’s nice to meet you.” Andy got also up and shook her hand. “I’m sure it is, I am the most awesome Pokémon trainer of the known regions after all.” Vivian frowned at Andy and Matt rolled his eyes. “How many Leagues have you won?” Vivian asked. “None.” “Badges?” “Three.” Vivian looked quite sceptical. “And you call yourself an awesome Pokémon trainer?” “Certainly!” Andy said, not at all hindered by the sceptical look he received. “I have a bunch of awesome Pokémon after all.” He gestured to the group of Pokémon. Vivian looked at them for a bit before she turned back to Andy. “Just four?” “You counted that correctly.” “Which one was your starter?” “The Butterfree.” “And you call yourself an awesome trainer?” she repeated her earlier question. Andy showed a smile. “I think I already answered that question, but yeah, I am an awesome trainer. If you don’t believe me, ask my Pokémon!” While Bear immediately started nodding and explaining with hand and feet how awesome Andy was, and while he was at it explaining how awesome he was at all, a derogatory sound came from Merlin. “Oh, come on Merlin!” Andy said to his Noctowl. “You know I am awesome.” The Noctowl just looked silently at Andy. “Fine,” Andy sighed. “Don’t admit it, but know you’re doing some serious damage on my ego here.” Benny flew towards Andy and gave him a comforting pat on the shoulder, although there was a happy look in his eyes. “Thanks Benny,” Andy said with a grin. “I’m feeling better already.” Matt had watched how Andy and his Pokémon had interacted with a smile and he chuckled now. “I see you get along just fine with your Pokémon.” “They’re the best,” Andy agreed. “Even mister serious over there.” Merlin sighed, knowing very well Andy was referring to him. That evening Andy had dinner with Matt and his girlfriend and when Vivian told Andy she had received her starter, a Bulbasaur back then but a Venasaur by now, from professor Oak. To which Andy replied he had met the professor in New Bark Town back in the Johto region. And as he told about that, he thought that it might be a good idea to go to the professor. He had a close encounter with a legendary Pokémon after all, which was pretty rare. The professor might like to hear about it. So, the decision was easily made, he’d travel to Pallet Town the next day. Andy stayed in Pallet Town for a while and met with professor Oak. He spent some time at the lab and helped out as he talked with the professor. It became soon apparent professor Oak enjoyed sharing his knowledge and Andy learned a lot. After a while, Andy travelled back to Saffron to challenge Sabrina again. Just like last time he used his Butterfree and she used her Kadabra. The only difference was that this time Andy won the battle. He praised his Butterfree for his skills and thanked Sabrina for the fantastic battle. In the end Andy travelled the Kanto and Johto region until he felt he had seen everything he wanted to see and it was time to go home.

Authors Note

I have added 3 small paragraphs to the last chapter, they summarize what happened before this chapter. I would have loved to work it out, but I have no real inspiration to write out complete chapters of any events. So this will have to do.
Chapter 24 – Back in Mesperit City After a calm journey by boat, Andy set foot in the docks of Mesperit City. He took in a deep breath and looked around. Home. He was finally home again. He had hoped he would have met Henry on the ship, but that had not been the case. His new hope was that Henry was already at the restaurant where they had reserved a table when they had started their adventure in Vermillion City, two years ago. And what a two years it had been. Andy started making his way through the town, enjoying all the familiar buildings. Now that he was back he had to admit he had missed the place and he was glad to be back. He raised his backpack a bit higher as he passed a Pokémon Center. That was something of all the regions and with the journey behind him he had even more appreciation of the services they provided for trainers and their Pokémon. He made his way to the restaurant where he was supposed to meet his friend. Again he hoped Henry would have made it for their agreement. Today was the day after all. One glance at the restaurant learned Andy that it hadn’t changed a bit. With the same big, white letters on the window it told anyone who walked there that the name of the restaurant was ‘Danny’s Diner’. Unbelievably original, but the food was good. Andy entered the restaurant and a small bell just above the door informed Danny a customer had arrived. It didn’t take him long to welcome the guest. “Welcome to Danny’s Diner, I’m...oh it’s, Andy!” “No, no,” Andy corrected him. “Andy is my name, your name is Danny.” “What?” Danny looked at him with an expression that gave away he didn’t understand why Andy said that. “Of course my name is Danny, why did you...” It took him a few seconds to realize why Andy had said that and sighed, much to the amusement of Andy. “I made a reservation,” Andy said with a grin. “If you remember.” “I do. In the corner is your table, I’ll be taking your order shortly.” “Much appreciated!” Andy walked through the restaurant and when he eyes caught the table a broad grin appeared. “Well, well, well, if that isn’t mister Tenson.” Henry got up from the chair where he had been sitting with an equally big grin. “Mister Bansing, how nice of you to join me.” They walked up to each other to shake hands. “Damn Andy, it’s good to see you again.” “Likewise Henry. I’ve got so many things to tell you.” “Me too.” They both sat down at the table and looked at each other. So many things had happened that they just didn’t know where to begin. Then Henry asked if Andy had caught any good Pokémon during his travel and with that their conversation started. During the conversation Danny brought them their ordered drinks and meals. It turned out that Henry had caught a whole lot more Pokémon then Andy had and since a trainer was only allowed to carry six Pokémon with him, the others were at the lab of professor Maple. Henry had been in Lilan Town the previous day to greet all his Pokémon. Then Henry told him about the gym battles he had done and the Kanto and Johto leagues he had joined. Andy then told Henry about the couple of gym leaders he had challenged and all the other things he had done. His two weeks at the day-care, his travel to Mt. Moon, the fighting dojo where he had trained his Mankey, the encounter with Team Rocket, his trip to Kurt and the Slowpoke Well in Azalea town. And that he had seen Articuno. “You’ve seen Articuno?” Henry repeated. “That’s great.” “Oh yes, I’ve even caught him...on camera.” Henry chuckled. “A catch is a catch, well done Andy.” He raised his class to him. “Do you feel like a Pokémon Master now?” “Not really, the more I travelled, the more I realized there is a whole lot to learn out there.” “That’s true. Now show me the pictures.” “Certainly.” Andy took his backpack with him and searched in it until he found the album where he had put the pictures in. He showed them one at the time at his friend. “So this is the mountain, before I chose to climb it. This is the area before the blizzard. That was really cold I might add. And here is a picture of Articuno flying in the air.” “Amazing,” Henry said. “Yes,” Andy said as he turned to page to show a picture of Articuno up close, taken just outside the Jinx cave. Henry blinked twice when he saw that picture. “Exactly how close did you get to Articuno?” “About five feet? I don’t know.” Henry punched Andy’s arm. “Give me the details, man.” And Andy did, he told Henry everything about his travel over the mountain, on his way to meet his brother. About the first blizzard, the fact he saw Articuno flying in the sky, the second blizzard, the cave with the Jinx, Boris and then Articuno outside the Jinx cave. “What an adventure,” Henry said when Andy was done. “And after that you went to visit Matt. How was he?” “He’s doing great and he has gathered a nice team of Pokémon.” “Speaking of which, I’d like to meet yours.” “Likewise.” The paid for their meals and left the restaurant. Together they walked back to the harbour, where there would be plenty of room to call all their Pokémon. The first two they let out of their Poké Balls were Andy’s Butterfree and Henry’s Nidorino. The two Pokémon greeted each other enthusiastically and began chatting with each other. It had been a while since they last saw each other after all. Then Andy and Henry introduced the rest of their teams. Henry now had a Sandslash, a Marowak, a Diglett, a Donphan and a Heracross in his team. “Your Poochyena is with Maple?” Andy asked and Henry nodded to show he was correct. “Although he’s a Mightyena now. I’ve used him in both leagues, but he broke his leg when trying to protect me when there was a rockslide, so I’ve sent him to Maple to recover. He seems to be fine again, so I’ll leave Donphan in her care and take him on my next travel again.” “Speaking of which, what’s your next plan?” “There are still regions I haven’t been to,” Henry shrugged as he spoke. “As for planning, I want to go there and try my best at those leagues.” “How about we go together?” Andy asked and a smile appeared on Henry’s face. “Great idea. I’m sure that with you around the journey can’t be dull.” They shook hands, agreeing to stay on Rhando island for a couple of weeks and then go and visit the regions they hadn’t been to.
Chapter 25 - Settling down The next regions Henry and Andy travelled to were the Hoenn, Sinnoh and Unova. Even though Henry caught several more Pokémon, Andy didn’t catch any. There were opportunities enough, but none of the Pokémon he encountered were interesting enough to be added to his team. He did enjoy to see all the Pokémon in the regions and made plenty of notes about the things he learned about them. They competed in the Hoenn league together. For this event Andy borrowed some Pokémon from Henry to have a full party. Neither won the league, but Andy did get in the top ten and Henry battled his way to 4th place. After that Andy didn’t compete in official Pokémon league, but he did cheer his friend on. There were plenty adventures, but those will be told some other time. After the two friends had seen the Unova Region they longed to go back to their homes on Rhando island and so they did. At first they didn’t know what to do, but one day Henry was talking to a few other trainers from Rhando Island. Like Henry and Andy, these three trainers had travelled the other regions as well and like Henry they had challenged the local gym leaders to participate in the local Pokémon League. It soon became clear Henry and the other three trainers shared a dream. They wanted to have their own gym and there were no gyms in the area where they lived. After weeks of planning, discussing, a formal letter to the Pokémon League officials and a test of skill it was official, they would create their own gyms and their own League. They wanted to call it the Rorie-League, named after the five Rorie islands. Henry would build his gym in Mesperit City and he would have a ground gym. The gym on Ornitan would be a water type gym and would be owned by Alana Landrieu. On the volcanic island Resto a fire type gym would be lead by Liah McLean. Blake Johnson would own a flying type gym on Indelgy. The League would be held on the final island Evoru and as a catch a trainer could only use the types that belonged to the four gyms of the Rorie islands during the league. As Henry was busy building his gym in Mesperit city, the other three trainers were building theirs. At the same time the stadium was being build on the final island, with funding of the islands government and the Pokémon League organisation. The entire project was overseen by the president of the Pokémon League Mr. Charles Goodshow. This would put the Rorie islands on the map for trainers and Henry was excited about that. Once the gyms were build the Pokémon League officials tested the skills of Henry and the other three to see if they were fit to be gym leaders and they were. Meanwhile had Andy settled in Lilan Town, where he walked up the professor Maple and told her he had acquired vast amounts of knowledge on the Pokémon world and that he would be happy to share that knowledge, if she would hire him to work in her research facility, a lab that was part of the Oak Research Foundation chain. Hesitantly she offered him a job as assistant to do Pokémon research. Why she did hire him was a mystery to everyone, as all they could see was a trainer who was rather full of himself. Much to everyone’s surprise, Andy proved to be a decent researcher and indeed knowledgeable about Pokémon. He had after all observed a lot during his travels, as well as spoken with several experts on a certain field. It wasn’t long before he was allowed his own office and to do his own research. Both Henry and Andy had found their way in life and were doing the things they liked doing. Since the opening of the gyms and the Rorie League, trainers were coming to Rhando Island and Henry could see his dream getting fulfilled. Andy enjoyed working at the research facility and learning more about Pokémon, but he wanted more in his life. He learned that he loved helping and teaching young trainers, something he noticed when he spent time at the gym of his friend. When his brother Matt also returned to the island the two were sitting in a bar and an idea popped up. Matt started as a trainer, but he had chosen to become an archaeologist and went to a university instead of travelling the world, he had figured he could travel the world after that. So now he knew what he needed to know about being an archaeologist, but he didn’t have much experience as a trainer. Andy on the other hand had travelled around and had lots of practical experience, as well as strong trainer skills, but he found that he was now catching up on knowledge he could have had if he had gone to college, knowledge that was essential to be a good researcher. Lastly was that children could get their first Pokémon at the age of ten and with that become a trainer, but there were plenty of parents who didn’t want their child to wander into the world alone at that age. Andy added that if he would have any children of himself, he wouldn’t let his child run around with a Pokémon and into adventure at that age. Together they came up with the idea of a Pokémon Academy where people from the ages ten and up could enrol in. The name they choose for the academy was the Rorie Academy. The Rorie Academy would be a set of buildings to offer several services. There would be a school in which a new trainer could learn the basics of being a Pokémon trainer, like learning about training, taking care of and battling with their Pokémon, as well as taking care of themselves on the road. Besides that they would learn what any child would learn at school, so that when they completed the course they could get into college later on if they so wished. That was one aspect of the Academy, the other was that already accomplished trainers could take courses the Academy offered and graduate as teacher, scientist, geologist, archaeologist, nurse or doctor, and at the same time work on their trainer skills. Not just trainers were welcome at the academy, people aiming to be breeders, coordinators and rangers were just as welcome, but also people who didn’t want to work with Pokémon, but who wanted to get a degree in one of the courses that were being offered. For anyone that aimed to be a trainer, breeder, coordinator or ranger the only requirement was that they were at least ten years old and had at least one Pokémon, as the academy would not provide that. The academy would work together with the research facility of Maple, who could offer new trainers their starter Pokémon. It took a few years for the academy to be build, but eventually it was build, close to the research facility in Lilan Town. Andy continued working in the research facility, but also took part-time job as teacher as well and he earned the title professor. *** This concludes the story about Andy as a trainer. In the next post is a link to all Pokémon stories I wrote, some adventures with Andy that took place after this, and more information about Andy. I want to thank you all for reading so far and I hope you enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed writing it ^_^
The amazing adventures of Andy These are three short stories about Andy. I had a fanfiction about this on the site, but it got deleted due to inactivity and I've got to admit I don't have any more adventures at the moment. So instead, I'm posting them here.

Andy in the cave

In the middle of the autumn-coloured forest a man was standing in front of a cave, his blue eyes taking in the dark entrance surrounded by the moss-covered rocks. In one hand he held a suitcase, the fingers of his other hand were brushing the small moustache adorning his upper lip. He was wearing a white lab coat over his clothes, all buttoned up. On the nametag it said ‘E. Hellington’. Mr. Hellington sighed, checked his watch and looked around. A Mienfoo was standing next to him, looking at a berry bush growing close to the entrance. A chilly wind ripped some red and yellow leaves from the branches and gently placed them on the forest floor with their already fallen brothers and sisters. The same wind blew orange-coloured clouds through the sky, a clear sign the sun was already setting. “I guess he isn’t coming,” he muttered and he sighed again, shuddering slightly when the cold wind pulled playfully on his clothes. “I suppose I’ll start the investigation myself, he’ll show up when he does.” At least he wasn’t alone, the Mienfoo was willing to go into the dark cave with him. Something he hadn’t been looking forward to, but professor Maple wanted it investigated. Professor Maple, the strict and middle-aged head of the research facility, never took ‘no’ for an answer. It didn’t matter how he felt about such places and it didn’t matter the day was coming to an end. She had ordered it to be investigated and she had meant now. That woman ruled over the research facility with an iron fist. She’d be able to face a Gyarados and have it cower, that was something mr. Hellington knew for sure. Once more he looked at the entrance of the cave, as he thought about the layout of the cave, the possible inhabitants and the task ahead. This cave was nothing special, some commonly found Pokémon lived here and the layout of it was quite simple: one long path descending into the underground darkness and ending in a circular room. It was believed to have been formed by a giant Onix in the past, with the circular room as its resting place, but so far there had been no evidence to either support or refute the theory. It wasn’t an elaborate network of corridors and only few Pokémon lived there, all of them as harmless as a wild Pokémon could be. All this made the cave nothing special at all. At least, that was the case until recently. Strange voices had been reported. Voices uttering warnings and threats, demanding people to leave. And mr. Hellington was supposed to investigate this with a fellow researcher, but the other seemed to be running late. It was annoying, but not a surprise at all. After retrieving a flashlight from the briefcase, mr. Hellington and his Mienfoo entered the cave. The light from the flashlight travelled across the walls as he looked around. Three Zubat, disturbed in their sleep, dropped from the ceiling and flew away, two Gligar quickly followed their example. Mr. Hellington cringed when they flew right over his head, making angry noises for being disturbed like that. He did not like dark caves like this. At all. Nor was he much of a fan of these bat-like Pokémon. At least they weren’t Ghost types and he hoped it wasn’t one of those causing trouble here. He could go without meeting them, he had never liked those Pokémon. Like that Haunter owned by professor Maple, it startled him every time that creature floated up to him from behind. Or through the wall. It was merciless in battle and on anyone it found napping, having quite a fondness for his move Dream Eater. He shuddered, he really didn’t want to think about that Pokémon now, not now he had entered the dark cave. “Who dares trespassing in my realm?” The questioned echoed between the walls and mr. Hellington almost dropped his flashlight. With a shaking hand he shone around with it, trying to figure out where the voice had come from. The Mienfoo was looking around as well, her pose showing she was ready to fight. “W-who askes?” mr. Hellington stuttered. “I am the guardian of this cave, mortal. Your trespassing angers me.” “I-I-I’m sorry, but...” “I will go easy on you if you will fulfil one request .” “What’s that?” mr. Hellington whispered, his heart was pounding and small droplets of sweat had formed on his forehead. “Buy a hamburger for that stunning colleague of yours.” Mr. Hellington’s jaw dropped, but he abruptly closed his mouth again and he rubbed his face. “Andy!” he exclaimed, with a clearly annoyed undertone in his voice. From behind the rocks a man appeared, grinning broadly. His blond hair was tied together in a loose ponytail behind his head. He too was wearing a white lab coat, but his was unbuttoned, revealing a dark-green t-shirt underneath it. “Eric, you should have seen the look on your face,” Andy said, still with a grin on his face. “That was not funny, Andy!” “I think it was.” Andy bent down to pet the Mienfoo on the head. “Right, Dawn?” The Mienfoo gave him a strict look and Andy chuckled, it seemed he was the only one who had found it funny, but that didn’t matter. Eric shook his head, his heart was still pounding but he was glad the voice had turned out to be not dangerous. “Have you found anything while you were here?” he asked Andy, more then willing to focus on the job. It would keep him occupied. “I haven’t got in any further,” Andy said with a shrug. “I was waiting for you. All I can say is that I haven’t been eaten yet, so whatever is here, it doesn’t eat humans. Or at least not handsome ones like me.” Ignoring that last remark, Eric aimed his flashlight in the darkness ahead, although the small light hardly penetrated the dark. “I guess we have to go in further then,” he muttered, much against his will. The two researchers walked further into the cave, following the slightly downward path leading deeper into the cave. There were Pokémon living in the cave, but that was nothing new. Besides the Zubat and Gligar living here, they noticed a large Ariados sitting in a web on the ceiling. “Don’t they usually live in forests?” Eric whispered to Andy. Besides bat-like Pokémon and Ghost-types, he wasn’t much of a fan of those spider-like Pokémon either. Andy nodded as he inspected the web with his flashlight. “Yes, but it’s not the first one I have seen in a cave. Some apparently like a dark place like this, plus it will be warmer inside this cave in the winter.” After a moment of investigating, Andy shrugged and turned his attention back to the dark path ahead. “But I doubt that this Ariados is what caused those mysterious voices people have claimed to have heard. Let’s go.” Reluctantly Eric followed Andy deeper into the cave, even if he knew Andy was right. There was no way he would go back to Maple without results from this investigation, that woman could be more frightening then a Gengar performing Mean Look or an Ariados performing Scary Face when she was angry. Either there was something here and they would find it, or they would reach the end of the cave without finding anything. Before they could make either conclusion, they couldn’t leave this place. There was the sound of water dripping in a pool and the cries of bat-like Pokémon in the distance. The only other sound came from their feet, the steps echoing against the walls. Besides the light coming from the flashlights it was dark around them. Eric glanced aside to Andy, who was walking around with confidence in his steps, something he was unable to master at this point. “Aren’t you calling any of your Pokémon?” Eric asked. “No,” Andy replied thoughtfully. “None of them enjoy walking in caves like this.” “What are you thinking about?” “It’s awfully quiet here.” Eric shone around with his flashlight. It was true, before there had been Pokémon around. Now the only evidence of Pokémon living in the cave were the distant cries coming from behind them. A chill ran through his spine. What could be causing that, why weren’t there any Pokémon here? “Get out.” Eric stopped dead in his tracks when he heard the eerie voice. It seemed to have come from everywhere. He noticed Andy had stopped as well and was looking at him. “Did...you hear that as well?” Eric whispered to Andy. Without a reply Andy turned his head back to the path ahead and shone his flashlight into the darkness. “Get out!” “Oh stop it, Andy!” Eric spat. “It wasn’t funny the first time and it’s certainly not funny now!” Again Andy turned his head, so he could look at his colleague. “You’re wrong,” he stated calmly. “Twice.” “How so?” Eric asked, still clearly annoyed. “Well, first of all, the first time, that was hilarious.” Eric grumbled something under his breath, he didn’t seem to agree with Andy. “Secondly,” Andy continued. “That wasn’t me.” Eric stared at Andy and swallowed heavily. “It wasn’t?” “No.” “A-and you did hear it as well, right?” “Yes.” “What do you think it was?” Andy shrugged. “There really is only one way to find out.” As he spoke his words, he waved his hand with the flashlight in the direction that lead deeper in the cave, so that it was obvious what he meant to say. Even though he wanted to turn around and leave, as the voice had instructed, Eric nodded and started walking again. As he walked, he thought about the reasons he had had to become a researcher. Going inside some dark cave with a voice telling you to go away was definitely not one of them. The two researchers and the Mienfoo continued their path and they spotted a faint flickering light coming from somewhere around the corner up ahead. They briefly looked at each other before as they walked. As far as they knew this cave was supposed to be dark, there were no sources of light. This could very well be part of the voices that had been heard. Once they reached the corner, Andy curiously peeked around it. “And?” Eric whispered as softly as he could master without being inaudible. “It’s quite amazing,” Andy whispered back. “There is a group of five Chandelure, four with purple flames and one with orange flames. They’re doing some kind of dance near the ceiling.” “Why does it have to be ghosts...” Eric muttered and he took in a deep breath, before he too peeked around the corner. And just as Andy had said, five Chandelure were floating in a circle near the ceiling, slowly moving up and down while moving clockwise in the circle. The mysterious dance was really quite breathtaking. He noticed Andy took a small video camera from his pocket to film the dance and Eric knew that if Andy hadn’t done it, he would have. Documenting was an important part of being a researcher after all. Suddenly the eerie voice spoke again, it came from everywhere and nowhere. “I said get out! Leave this place!” Eric swallowed heavily, the demanding voice did sound serious. “It’s not the Chandelure, I think,” he whispered to Andy, “they haven’t changed their dance or given us any attention.” “I think you’re right,” Andy responded, whispering as well, and he pointed to a flickering light further down the path. “And we have some light over there, whoever is responsible for the voices must be in the room. Let’s go.” “He’s asking us to leave.” “Yes, but I want to know what it is.” Andy showed a smile and winked. “This could be the discovery of the lifetime. Or an elaborate prank. Or the most gruesome death in the history of mankind.” Andy noticed how Eric turned pale after the last remark and couldn’t help but smile, which in turn lead to an annoyed expression on Eric’s face. “Come on,” Andy continued, giving his colleague a comforting, but firm pat on the back. “We’re close to discovering who is talking to us.” Eric nodded and followed Andy, he could have done without that last remark, it almost seemed as if Andy wasn’t taking this seriously. And maybe Andy was right, maybe it wasn’t as bad as it seemed. As he walked beneath them, Eric looked at the Chandelure, who where continuing the dance without even the slightest recognition of their presence, as if they didn’t care two Humans and one Mienfoo were walking down there. Nor had they responded to the voice. Either the Chandelure ignored the voice or they didn’t hear it. It made Eric wonder if he was perhaps imagining it, but Andy had claimed to hear the voice as well, surely they couldn’t be both imagining it. As they leaved the Chandelure behind, the darkness wrapped around them once more, only the light from their flashlight pierced through it. As they walked towards the flickering light ahead, they heard the ominous voice two more times, demanding they had to leave or face the consequences of their foolish decision. At that point Eric had wanted to turn around and leave, but he had decided to stay with Andy instead. Neither researcher talked and as they approached the light, they walked slower and more silent. Andy moved towards the wall and Eric quickly followed his example. They would approach the circular room from the side, trying to stay out of sight of whoever was in there. Once there was enough light coming from the room to see where they could place their feet, they put their flashlights away. And once they were close enough, they looked inside. Torches hanging on the rocky surface provided the circular room with light. In the middle of the room was an Alakazam sitting with crossed legs and closed eyes. The hands holding spoons were resting on his knees. The Alakazam was sitting completely motionless, as if it was a statue. “I said,” the voice suddenly sounded again, as the Alakazam slowly opened his eyes. “Get out!” The second the final word was spoken, the eyes of the Alakazam turned red. “Dawn!” Eric said and the Mienfoo didn’t waste a second. She spread her arms wide open and yellow stars were starting to form, but before she could put her hands together and fire the stars at the Alakazam, the three of them were surrounded by a red light and they found themselves unable to move. “Confusion,” Andy groaned. And quite a tight one as well. Before he could say another word, they were slammed into the wall and released. All three dropped to the ground. With a hand on his back and a painful expression on his face, Andy got back up on his feet and looked at the Alakazam. “Well, that was uncalled for, we mean you no harm.” “Leave,” the voice of the Alakazam sounded, although his mouth was closed, and his eyes were fixed on Andy. “And what if I don’t want to?” Andy asked. Again the eyes of the Alakazam lit up with a red light and again the two researchers and the Mienfoo were surrounded by a similar red light. Without a word or even a second glance, the Alakazam used his confusion to throw them out of the room. Eric was the first to land roughly on the ground and almost immediately after he had hit the ground, Andy fell on top of him. The Mienfoo landed a feet away and rolled into the wall. “Well, that didn’t go as planned,” Andy muttered. “You think?!” Eric asked, followed by a moment of silence. “Wait, did I just hear you use the word ‘planned’? Since when do you plan things?” That remark made Andy laugh and when he was standing on his feet again, he extended a hand to help his colleague up. “As surprising as it may sound, I do think things through.” “So what you said in that room...” “No, that was just provoking,” Andy interrupted him. Eric grabbed Andy’s arm and drew him near. “Didn’t you even consider that could be dangerous?” he hissed. “Of course I did!” Andy said, slowly taking Eric’s wrist to take the hand off his arm. “Keep your voice down,” Eric urged in a whispering tone. Andy watched Eric for a moment, before he turned his attention to the place they had unwillingly left, or at least that he had unwillingly left. He brought his hand to his face, placing the index finger on his cheek, his thumb under his chin and curling the middle finger over his lip. With his other hand he took his elbow and he was looking straight at the room they had been thrown out, seemingly deep in thought. The Mienfoo came walking towards them, looking at her trainer first and then at Andy. “Andy, let’s go,” Eric said, touching his colleague’s shoulder to get his attention. “You’re right, let’s go,” Andy said and he grabbed Eric’s arm, dragging him in the direction of the circular room. “That is not what I meant!” Eric said as he pulled his arm back. “He wants us to leave. We should.” “I want to find out why he wants us to leave. That’s what we should do. That Alakazam is not native to this cave and it has no right telling us to leave!” As he began walking, Andy looked at Eric over his shoulder. “You might want to return your Mienfoo to her Pokéball though, she is at quite a disadvantage. If things will get dangerous, I’ll ask my Noctowl to join us. He stands a better chance then your Mienfoo. And most of my other Pokémon for that matter,” Eric watched Andy go and then turned to the Mienfoo. “He does have a good point Dawn. If his confusion is already this strong, I don’t want to know how much stronger his other psychic attacks are.” A smile formed when he noticed the look Dawn gave him. “I will call for your help when things get dangerous. I promise.” After that promise, Dawn nodded and Eric returned her to her Pokéball. He then quickly followed Andy, that fool would need his help. Why Andy thought going in that room again was a good idea, that was a mystery to Eric. If it was up to him, he’d leave, just as the Alakazam suggested. Still, he had to admit he too was curious as to why that Alakazam had come to this cave. In a few steps Andy was standing in the room again and he looked at the Alakazam in the centre of it. A blue glow surrounded the Alakazam and his moustache was quivering as if it was moved by wind. Slowly the Alakazam opened his eyes and looked straight at Andy. “Mr. Alakazam,” Andy began. “You may tell me to leave a thousand times, you may throw me out of this room in equal amounts, but I will keep coming back until you tell me why we have to leave. Ask Eric what a nuisance I can be!” “You’ve got that right,” Eric muttered. “Stubborn, a nuisance, it’s a miracle professor Maple hasn’t fired you yet.” “Well, I am extremely talented and good-looking after all,” Andy said to Eric with a wink, meaning every single word of that sentence, before turning his attention back to the Alakazam. “So spare yourself the trouble,” he continued, “and just tell me what I want to know. What are you doing here? Why are you telling people to leave?” After the final question of Andy a silence came over the room. The Alakazam looked at Andy, Andy looked at the Alakazam and Eric looked from Andy to the Alakazam and back at Andy. For a moment no-one spoke. The only sound in the room was the soft crackling from the fire in the torches. “Humans have given this night several names,” the voice of the Alakazam suddenly sounded, even though his mouth didn’t move. Both researcher quickly deducted he was talking to them through telepathy. “All Hallows Eve, Samhain, to name two examples. Whatever the reasons Humans have to celebrate this night, for Pokémon it has been an important night since the beginning of time. Tonight any lingering souls will be guided to the afterlife or they will be reincarnated as Ghosts. Most souls find their own way to the afterlife, but some can’t leave for whatever reason and linger, waiting for this night, waiting for guidance or waiting without knowing what they’re waiting for. Tonight their empty existence will end and they will either go on or go back as a Ghost.” “That can’t be right,” Eric whispered to Andy. “I’m not so sure about that,” Andy whispered back, “ever been to Lavender Town?” Eric gave Andy a sceptical look. “What about Lavender Town?” “Well, there is a tower there, the Lavender Tower, which is basically a large gravesite for Pokémon. And locals have been claiming for decades, if not longer, that the Ghosts that appear in Lavender Tower are the spirits of deceased Pokémon. I’ve always found it hard to believe and just thought that it was a place that attracts Ghost types for some reason, but if this Alakazam is speaking the truth, those citizens might be as well.” Andy opened his arms enthusiastically. “This is why I became a researcher, for things like this, to discover things we didn’t know yet about the world of Pokémon.” He pointed at the Alakazam. “Let me witness this. I won’t do anything, just stand in a corner and watch you do whatever you do... what is your part in it anyway?” “I have been granted the power to guide the lingering souls.” There was a pause and then the Alakazam nodded once. “You may stay.” “Fantastic!” Andy said, rubbing his hands. Not that he would have left if the Alakazam had told him to leave, he wouldn’t want to miss this for the world. “Have you found a corner to stand in yet?” Eric asked with an amused smile on his face, a smile that grew when he could see Andy look around in the circular room and come to the conclusion that his choice of words had been rather poor in this case. However, the smile immediately disappeared when one of the Chandelure hovered into the room, just inches away from him. He was just starting to wonder why that Chandelure was here when the other four floated in as well, the one with orange flames closed the line. They formed their circle and danced their slow dance like they had done before, moving up and down while moving in the circle clockwise. The Alakazam didn’t pay any attention to them, he closed his eyes again. For a couple of minutes nothing seemed to happen, the Alakazam was just sitting there, surrounded by the blue glow. The only indication that something was happening, was the moving moustache, but that didn’t move more then what any breeze could accomplish. Slowly the Alakazam opened his eyes. “It is done,” he announced. Andy blinked his eyes in surprise. “What, that was it?” “Ala,” the Alakazam said, using his own voice now, and he nodded with his head. “Well, that was a bit anticlimactic,” Andy sighed. “Do you require a bigger spectacle?” Andy waved his hand in a dismissive motion. “No, no, that’s fine. It was a surprise, that’s all. I did expect something more, but if it works, it works.” He paused, looking around. “And the souls...” “They have found their resting place.” “And were these Chandelure part of it?” Andy asked, since they were new to the cave as well. “No. I require no assistance. They merely wanted to dance here now.” There was a pause in which the Alakazam looked at the Chandelure. “They do however join me every year, no matter where I am. They enjoy witnessing the event.” The Alakazam slowly turned his attention back to Andy. “I choose a new place every year, the location does not matter.” “Ah.” Andy looked at Eric and Eric shrugged. “And why did you tell people to leave?” “In the past humans have interfered. They tried to capture me or otherwise interrupted me.” The Alakazam sent a meaningful look in Andy’s direction. “Usually telling people to leave is sufficient.” “Ah yes,” Andy said with a confident smile. “That doesn’t work on awesome people like myself.” He ignored the exasperated sigh that came from his colleague. Again a silence filled the room, but the silence was soon broken by Eric. “I’m not buying it,” he said. “Nothing happened to prove that Alakazam has been speaking the truth.” At that moment a Misdreavus came floating into the room, through the wall. It looked around and continued it’s path, leaving the room through another wall. Both Andy and Eric were looking at the place the Misdreavus had left through, and then Andy looked at his colleague with an elevated eyebrow. “A coincidence,” Eric muttered, “Ghost types have always existed, there is no evidence that what the Alakazam had said really took place.” Andy shrugged at that remark. “I’m willing to believe it happened. It will require more research though. Sifting through legends and lore’s of the Pokémon world. I know what I’m going to do the next couple of weeks.” Andy raised his arms to stretch both his arms and his back. “But first the most important thing of all. I’m in dire need of a decent cup of coffee. And after that a hamburger. I’m starving!” He brought to fingers to the side of his head as a casual greeting. “It was nice meeting you, Alakazam, maybe we’ll see each other again.” And with that, Andy turned around and walked away. After a final glance at the Alakazam, Eric also turned and left, quickly following Andy. He didn’t feel much for staying there by himself. The Alakazam watched the two Humans walk away, a small smile forming on his lips. “That’s it? You’re hungry so you’re leaving? What about investigating this?” Eric said to Andy as soon as he was walking next to him again. “But I’m really hungry,” Andy retorted. “That Alakazam had already explained what he did and why he told us to leave. There is nothing more to find out here. The next thing we need to do is hit the books. And I’m going to make phone call to Mr. Fuji, I’m sure he’ll have something to say about the matter.” “You can’t possibly believe,” Eric began, but stopped when he noticed a Gastly floating around. If he had to guess it seemed... happy. “I... thought there weren’t any Ghost-types native to this cave.” “That’s true,” Andy replied cheerfully, “no-one has ever reported Ghost-types before. And we’ve seen two already this evening. So...” Eric’s mouth twitched slightly and he quickly started walking again. “Let’s go,” he muttered. “I really don’t like these Ghost-types.” Andy followed his colleague, with his hands casually tucked in his pockets and a smile on his face.

Morning routine

In Lilan Town an alarm clock viciously woke Andy from his sleep. He glared at it, but it didn't seem to help at all. So he reached out and silenced the malicious device himself. As his head rested on the pillow once more, the blanket suddenly disappeared. "Freee!" Andy groaned. "Freeeeeee!" "Alright, alright," Andy muttered as he sat up right, glancing at his Butterfree who held the blanket between his hands. "You're to active so early in the morning, Benny. That's not healthy." The cheerful Butterfree flew through the room, dragging the blanket behind him and Andy smiled as he looked at it. It was impossible to be mad at him. And he needed to get up anyway, as the alarm clock had 'subtly' reminded him. "Make sure to put it back where you found it, will you?" Andy said when he stood on his feet. Scratching his cheek Andy walked a chair and grabbed the morning robe from it. He went with his fingers through his messy hair and slid his feet in his slippers. Andy made his way towards the kitchen. Getting dressed or brushing his hair where thing that could wait. The only thing he wanted at this moment was coffee. He placed a cup in his coffeemaker and pushed on the button to start the machine. He always filled it the evening before so he wouldn't lose too much time with the preparations. Since he had to wait, Andy walked into his living room where he noticed his Primeape doing morning exercises. A Furret was curled up in a cat basket and a Noctowl was looking down at the exercising Primeape. "Prime!" The Primeape greeted Andy when he noticed them. "Morning Bear," Andy responded to him, after which he looked at the Noctowl. "And Merlin." The Noctowl made a short sound as a greeting and Andy returned to the kitchen. After a cup of coffee, Andy toasted a slice of bread which he ate with some sliced cheese. When that was all done, he brushed his furret's fur, as she enjoyed the grooming, prepared some bowls with Pokémon food and waited for his Pokémon to finish their meals. When all that was done he returned his Pokémon to their Pokéballs and left for work at the research facility.

The errand

A Furret stood on the pavement on her hind legs, examining an image on the window of the building in front of her. A leather bag hung on her right side, the strap of it rested on her left shoulder and went diagonal over her chest and back. A fashionable brown scarf was tied around her neck. The image of a steaming loaf of bread was painted on the window, underneath the image was in white curly letters a name she couldn’t read, but she knew this was the place. She then used her paws to push a door open and entered the bakery, the sound of a bell sounded as she walked in. Behind the counter was a young woman, most likely the daughter of the baker. She looked at the Furret and smiled. “Can I help you?” she asked. The Furret nodded and reached inside the bag. She took a piece of paper from it and handed it to the lady. My dear bakery people, please be so kind to give Kim 4 small white baguettes. I have given her the money. With utmost gratitude, Andy . PS, please give Kim one of your delicious cakes too, she deserves it. Oh, and cookies, we need cookies. We’re running dangerously low on our supply. The young woman smiled as she read the note and looked at the Furret. “Didn’t Merlin want to come this time?” she asked. The soft reply Kim gave could mean anything to the woman, but it she assumed it was a confirmation of what she asked. She packed the requested small baguettes in a paper bag and placed a bag of cookies on the counter next to it. Kim put everything gently in her bag and retrieved some money to give to the woman. After she received the change and the receipt she put them away. When she looked up again she noticed a cupcake on the counter and she looked at it. “That’s for you,” the young woman said with a warm smile. “Andy requested it in his note.” “Furret!” Kim said with a happy sound in her voice. She took the cupcake in both paws and nibbled on it, making happy sounds as she did. When the cupcake was gone she cleaner her snout from the crumbs by brushing it with her paw, waved as a goodbye and left the bakery. Standing on the pavement once more, Kim looked up at the dark clouds that had gathered in the sky. She soon faced forward again and started walking. The first few steps on her hind legs, but soon she pushed the bag on her back, got down on all fours and walked with a quick step towards the house she lived with her trainer and the other Pokémon of their team. After about ten minutes Kim felt a drop of water on her nose. She looked up and another drop hit her between her eyes. She shook her head and started running as the drops of rain came down to the earth in increasing numbers and speed. It wasn’t long before her fur was wet and she took shelter in the cabin of a bus stop. She rubbed her fur with her paws instead of shaking herself dry, as she wasn’t the online here. A quick glance around learn her five other humans were here: a mother with two children, a man in a suit and an elderly man. And a Lucario, who looked at her. “Did the rain catch you by surprise?” he asked her. “Yes, it did,” Kim replied as she looked at the water falling down outside the cabin. “Do you have a trainer?” the Lucario then asked. Kim nodded. “He’s at home, he asked me to go on an errand.” She looked at the Lucario. “And you?” The Lucario gestured towards the elderly man. It seemed he wanted to say more, but a bus came to a halt and the doors opened. He waved goodbye with a gentle smile, a smile returned by Kim in a shy way, and got on the bus with his trainer. After everyone had got on, Kim looked at the driver who kept his doors open. “Do you need to be on?” he asked her. Kim quickly shook her head. “Furret, fut,” she said to him politely, thanking him for asking that even if she knew the driver wouldn’t understand her. The bus driver nodded. “Be careful in this weather,” he said to her before closing the doors and driving off. Kim waited for a bit longer, but it didn’t seem the rain would die out anytime soon. She stepped into the rain once more, got down on all fours and ran to her house. By the time she reached it she was soaking wet and she went around to the back so she could go inside through the kitchen. She got on her hind legs to open the door and shook off most of the water in her fur before stepping inside. The first thing she noticed in the kitchen was a man with his back to her, his blond hair kept in a messy ponytail. Before she could speak up he turned around and looked at her. “You’ve got all wet,” he stated as he walked towards her. “I would have taken the car if I had known it would start raining like this.” He put a hand on her head. “Let’s get you dried up, princess.” Kim nodded to him as she put the bag on the table and watched him leave the kitchen. She shivered slightly, she was still wet, but she didn’t want to shake off all the water inside. Andy would have to clean it up if she did that. It wasn’t long before he returned with a towel and put it around her to rub her dry. She raised one of her paws, the towel hanging over it as she did, to point at the bag. “I’ll unpack in a moment, Kim,” Andy promised his Furret. “First we need to get you dry. Thanks for going to the bakery for me.” Kim looked up at him and nodded with a happy look on her face, she didn’t mind running an errand for him. She closed her eyes when she was being rubbed dry, letting out a contented sound. Maybe she had gotten wet, but she knew she’d come home to a warm house and a caring trainer, so she didn’t mind.

A bit more background information about the characters and the setting:

Rorie Islands

This is an original region where most of my fanfics take place, please do not re-use without permission

The RP will take place on an island group called the Rorie Islands. This group consists of the following islands: Rhando, Ornitan, Resto, Indelgy and Evoru. The first four islands each have a gym: ground, water, fire and flying. The last island has the arena where the Rorie League is organized. The biggest port is located on Rhando Island at it's here that ferry from Vermillion City in the Kanto region docks. This is currently the only route in from outside the Rorie islands. Between the Rorie islands smaller boats are used to go to any of the other islands, each island has its own port. An image of the Rorie Islands: Below you can find the information about the individual islands and the Pokémon you can catch on each island:

Rhando Island

Rhando islands has large forests and plains, a big lake in the center and a rocky area up north with 3 hotsprings and a geyser which erupts every three hours. The Pokémon found here are normal, flying, grass, bug and rock types. By the ocean, water types can be found as well. In the forest there is a cave with some bat-like Pokémon and occasionally a ghost type. There are two large cities called Mesperit City and Lilan Town. Scattered around the island are several smaller villages as well. Mesperit City: places of interest are the port, a Pokémon Center, A Pokémon Mart, the ground gym and a ground-themed contest hall Lilan Town: places of interest are a Pokémon Center, A Pokémon Mart and a research facility/lab where the Pokémon professor is. Just outside Lilan Town is the Rhando Pokémon Academy There is a road between Lilan Town and Mesperit city, a bus leaves at the full hour in Mesperit city and at the half hour in Lilan Town. It takes about 20 minutes to travel with the bus, a taxi or a car between the cities (a little faster if it's Andy driving) There is a house in the forest outside Mesperit city, walking there will take about 15-20 minutes from the edge of the city. Thomas Redcliff lives here, an old man who seems to know a lot about Pokémon.

Pokémon that can be found on Rhando Island

Caterpie+evolutions, Weedle+evolutions, Ladyba, Spinarak, wurmple+evolutions, Scatterbug+evolutions, Hoppip, Aipom, Oddish, cherubi, Shuckle, Pidgey, Spearow, Tailow, Pidove, Fletchling, Rattata. Zubat & Gligar in the cave Onix in the rocky area up north

Ornitan Island

Ornitan has lots of rivers, lakes, flower fields and grassland. Water, grass, flying and fairy type Pokémon can be found here. The port city is called Watersleat, the two other villages are called Old Pond and Mollin. Places of interest in Watersleat are: the port, a Pokémon Center, A Pokémon Mart, the water gym and a water-themed contest hall.

Pokémon that can be found on Ornitan

Tropius, Natu, Ducklett, Wingull, Lotad, Pidgey, Azurill, Togepi, Flabébé, Sunkern, Cherubi, Cottonee, Sewaddle, Rowlet

Resto Island

Resto island has a giant dormant volcano, but there are caves with lava-lakes in them. It also has muddy beaches, and some plains. Here you can find fire, rock, ground, electric and dark types. And some water types near the coast. The port village is called Poras, the other is called Stonethrow. Places of interest in Poras are: the port, a Pokémon Center and a Pokémon Mart. The fire gym and a fire-themed contest hall are in a cave at the foot of the vulcano, it's a half hour walk from the port, but The Resto Rapidash Tour has its first stop at the entrance of the cave. The Resto Rapidash Tour is owned by a man named Peter and he offers a tour around the volcano in a wagon pulled by two Rapidash.

Pokémon that can be found on Resto

Aron, Chinchou, Litwick, Wooper, Torkoal, Sandshrew, Houndour, Geodude, Slugma, Sandile, Stunfisk, Magby, Zorua, Tynamo/Eelektrik, Larvesta

Indelgy Island

Indelgy island has forests, grass, meadows. This island is home to flying, bug, fairy and normal types. And some water types near the coast. The port village is called Prillis, the other village is called Hilltop. Places of interest in Prillis are: the port, a Pokémon Center, A Pokémon Mart, the flying gym and a flying-themed contest hall.

Pokémon that can be found on Indelgy

Swablu, Pidgey, Caterpie+evolutions, Scatterbug+evolutions, Vanonat/Venomoth, Burmy+evolutions, Meoth, Glameow, Skitty, Snubbull

Evoru Island

Evoru island is the smallest, with a think forest and rocky underground. There is only one city, called Evoru. Places of interest in Evoru: the port, a Pokémon Center, A Pokémon Mart, the Pokémon Rangers HQ Just outside the city is a large stadium and a big contest hall, the league and contests held here are done with all four elements. It is not allowed to catch Pokémon on this island and rangers patrol the area, but you may catch Pokémon who live in the ocean. One noteworthy group of Pokémon is a colony of Cyndaquil, the expert on them runs the Pokémon Mart. A giant Onix is known to roam the forest.

The Ocean

Pokémon that swim in the ocean in these parts are: Horsea, Tentacool, Staryu, Lapras, Chinchou, Remoraid, Shellder, Clamperl, Krabby, Corpish, Qwilfish, Corsola, Carvhanna, Wailmer. Sometimes a Gyarados or Milotic is spotted. There is a cave under the water gym on Ornitan where these Pokémon can appear as well. Another Pokémon that has been spotted in that cave is Froakie.

Andy's official Character Sheet

Andy's official character sheet

Physical Information: First Name: Andrew Last Name: Bansing Nickname: Andy Title: Professor Age: 45 Height: 1,88 meters Weight: 81 kg Body Type: An average build for his height. Ectomorph / rectangle Shape Hair Colour: Dark-Blond Hair Style: neck-long, usually kept in a loosely tied pony tail Eye Colour: blue-grey Skin Tone: pale Clothing style: casual, often dressed in a t-shirt and a pair of jeans. During work he wears a white coat, usually unbuttoned. Sex: male Sexuality: straight Summarizing appearance: Appearance: Andy is a tall man with an average, somewhat rectangular and barely muscular body-shape, weighing 178 pounds and a height of 6'2". He has dark-blond hair reaching almost up to his shoulders which he keeps casually tied together in a ponytail behind his head. He has greyish-blue eyes. He often wears T-shirts, either plain or with some kind of cheesy Pokémon pun, and a pair of jeans and sneakers. Personal Information: Personality: enthusiastic, outgoing and rather full of himself, those words describe him the best. If he wants to be, Andy can be serious. The problem is that he doesn’t want to be. Life is serious enough and he doesn’t wish to participate in that, if life can’t be lived with a couple (or a lot) laughs, then it’s not worth living. He often exaggerates when he talks about himself, claiming he’s the best trainer of the known and unknown regions or the most handsome guy who ever lived. If you take his word for it he is as awesome as one can be at every level, even if his boasting is sometimes obviously misplaced. Which doesn’t matter, because that’s where the fun is, according to Andy. It may not always look like it, but he can be serious, he knows his limitations and he knows very well what he and his Pokémon are capable of doing. Andy won’t let others tell him how to live or how to do his work. He will follow any rules and regulations everyone is bound by, but within those rules, he feels he is free to do anything however he wants to. Likes: Cars, coffee, hamburgers, wrestling with his Primeape, grooming his Furret, teasing his Noctowl, strolling with his Butterfree and teasing professor Maple Dislikes: People using Pokémon for evil, catching Pokémon for no real purpose, people purposefully hurting Pokémon Strengths: An optimistic attitude, life experience from the many travels in all the regions he has done, patience, determination, his awesome crossword puzzle skills (he can do 5 stars difficulty!) Weaknesses: a general low blood pressure and prone to hypoglycemia after exercise due to a relative fast digestion system. This combination can cause dizziness and fatigue after physical exercise. Another weakness is that he can’t turn down a plead for help. Fears: To get an incurable disease that will deteriorate his body or mind faster then it should. Quirks: he always holds his face in the same manner when thinking: a thumb under his chin, his index finger over his cheek and his middle finger curled over his lips. When he is explaining something enthusiastically he usually waves his arms around. Flaws: (nothing, he is perfect) boasting about his awesomeness when people don’t want to hear about it, not taking a serious attitude when he should, arguing with those in charge when he should listen, stubbornness. Family: Andy has a father and mother he regularly visits, a brother who is often away on a travel and a nephew, his brothers only son. Being childless himself, he enjoys having his nephew around. Relationship status: single Other Information: Type of trainer: pokémon trainer / researcher Starter: Caterpie Occupation: Researcher at the lab in Lilan Town, part of the Oak Research Foundation chain Place of birth: Mespirit City on Rhando Island Current living place: Lilan Town on Rhando Island Living space: small house with a small garden History: that is where the fanfiction is about. In short, he travelled through the known regions, starting at the age of fifteen, with his companion Benny, a Butterfree who he had met when it was still a Caterpie. In the Kanto region he met a Mankey, left behind by the colony. After Andy was attacked by the angry Mankey and barely won in a wrestle, he promised the Mankey he could help him get stronger. The Mankey agreed to come with him and Andy named him Bear. In the Johto region he came across a wounded Furret, who in the end also came along with him, mostly thanks to Bear who persuaded her to come along. Andy named her Kim. Later on, still in the Johto region, he noticed a rather serious and a bit stuck-up Hoothoot. Andy was intruiged by him and decided to try and catch it, with the help of Benny. After an awesome failed throw as only Andy can manage, (he missed the Hoothoot and hit a tree instead, making Benny tumble from the sky with laughter), he did manage to catch it and called him Merlin. After that he added no more Pokémon to his team. He did come across plenty of Pokémon on his travels, but he didn’t feel for catching them just to have them. In the cases of Bear and Merlin, there was something special about them and it had been because of that he had wanted to add them to this team. After his travels he returned to his home in Rhando Island and took a job in professor Maple’s team. There he worked himself up to be a researcher of his own. He started to focus his research on the bonds between humand and Pokémon. Despite his ability to annoy professor Maple to no end, she never fired him. Why is a mystery to all. Rhando Island: The large island Rhando is home to a variety of humans and Pokémon. There is a big forest, several grassy fields and the rocky surroundings of a volcano. There are two large cities and several small villages scattered over the island. In the first large city, Lilan Town, there is a research facility, part of the Oak Research Foundation chain. The lab is run by professor Maple. Just outside the city is the prestigious Pokémon Academy. In the other large city, Mesperit City, is the ground Pokémon gym and the port. The island is well known and often visited by many people, ranging from Pokémon trainers, breeders, coordinators and rangers to scientists or just tourists. Rhando island is part of what is known as the Rorie-islands, a group of five islands, with Rhando being the biggest. The names of the islands are: Rhando, Ornitan, Resto, Indelgy and Evoru. The first four islands each have a gym, respectively a ground gym, a water gym, a fire gym and a flying gym. The last island is an arena where the Rorie League is organized. The catch in this league is that you can only use Pokémon from the aforementioned types. The leader of the ground gym is Andy’s best friend Henri. Party: Nickname: Benny Species: Butterfree Gender: Male Appearance: a normal Butterfree Personality: Relaxed, you won’t get Benny angry easily. Background: Benny was the first Pokémon Andy found and as a Caterpie he was often sitting on Andy’s arm, a habit he still has as Butterfree, when given the opportunity. Nickname: Bear. Species: Primeape Gender: Male. Appearance: a normal Primeape, though depending on Andy’s mood, he can be seen wearing a cap, a hat or other kinds of head-wear. Personality: Outgoing and playful. Much like his trainer, Bear will let you know he’s in the room and they joke around together. Though when a fight starts, Bear shows a radical change and is all focused on the fight. Bear has the characteristic short temper that belongs to his species, but he has learned to control that. Background: Bear was the second Pokémon Andy caught while he was still a Mankey, with the help of Benny’s sleeping powder. Andy managed to earn his trust and now Bear is a loyal friend. Sometimes Andy and Bear wrestle even though Andy stands no chance. Nickname: Kim Species: Furret Gender: Female Appearance: a normal Furret, but depending on Andy’s mood she can be seen wearing a collar, a scarf, or something else pretty around her neck. Personality: Kim is a shy Pokémon, who hides behind Andy, Bear or furniture if she feels uncomfortable. She is also caring for those in her team, sometimes worrying about them as a mother would worry about her children. She is rarely used in combat, but she will fight for Andy when he needs her to. Background: Andy found her as a Furret, wounded and all alone. He took her with him and nursed her back to health. Kim stayed with him ever since. Nickname: Merlin Species: Noctowl Gender: Male Appearance: a normal Noctowl Personality: Unlike his trainer, Merlin is always serious and has a somewhat stuck-up attitude. Background: Andy caught Merlin as a Hoothoot, with the help of Benny. Even though Andy teases him because of his serious nature, he is loyal to his trainer and cares for him. Merlin often shakes his head when he sees Andy joke around again and rarely speaks. When he does, it’s to get Andy’s attention to something that is going on.

Art

made by tpll on PF / think-pink-live-lime on DeviantArt - Made by Absol on PF - made by Eseria on PF - Pokepower999 on PF / pokepower999 on DeviantArt - harmonywish on PF - Avatar of Andy, created with the avatar creating site tektek.org Crediting and sourcing art

Andy's favourite T-shirt

One of my OC Andy's favourite t-shirts is blue and has the image of a Tentacool on it with a pair of sunglasses on. Under the image it says Tenta-cool! So here is the art I requested over time:

links to ordered art

Crediting and sourcing art] also listed here

QUOTE originally posted by CyndaLuvSOAD

QUOTE originally posted by Calle

I would like to request 3 accessory sprites, CyndaLuvSOAD ♔ My Pokemon looks fancy Cynda! ♕ Username: Calle Pokemon: Tentacool Accessory/ries: sunglasses on his face Other: - Password: -

@Calle

It's okay hon. ^.^ Edit the password out please. This Tentacool has that swag. ouo

Code

[img]http://i1350.photobucket.com/albums/p765/CyndaLuvSOAD/Accessories/AccessoriesTentacool_zpsc03c579d.png[/img]
https://pokefarm.com/forum/thread/2559/The-Flaming-Sprite-Shop-FREE-Sprites-OPENED?page=119

QUOTE originally posted by Bunneeh

I want Quick colors! Username: Calle Pokemon: Tentacool Other: I would like the tentacool to be wearing sunglasses. Password: Charmander Payment: a relic copper?
got it done faster than I thought so here it is ^^ Linky linky
https://pokefarm.com/forum/thread/6740/Bunny-s-art-shop-Open?page=52

QUOTE originally posted by eveadelekitty

❀ ✿ Dress-Up ✿ ❀ Pokémon: Tentacool Props or Accessories: Black Specs accessory Other?: Because it will make the Tentacool look cool. Tenta Cool... okay, enough bad jokes XD I've used the idea of a Tentacool wearing sunglasses on a t-shirt of one of my OC's and now I want a sprite of it. Anyway, I will pay 1k credits for it. Password: socks
1k credits? X3 I LOVE YOU FOREVER *cries real tears of joy*
https://pokefarm.com/forum/thread/20152/The-Evil-Little-Sprite-Emporium-Of-Doom?page=6

QUOTE originally posted by Lilbug33

Username: Calle Payment: 2 relic coppers? Position: I'll leave that to the artist Full body or head shot?: Full body Name/title of art: Tenta-cool Example (optional): I can add a sprite, but the idea is pretty simple, so I'll just add a desciption. Description: A Tentacooll who wears sunglasses. Because he's cool, you know. Other?:

Tentacoool

Here it is! I had a lot of fun drawing this for some reason. If you want anything changed/added, just ask!
https://pokefarm.com/forum/thread/25233/Lil-s-drawing-house/4

Spork! Would Like a Droodle! Type: full body Payment: 3 kusanagi's What is in Droodle: it's a tenta-cool. He's cool, because he has sunglasses on. Details: here are examples, but I would like to see the Tentacool be in the process of putting the sunglasses on. So the sunglasses should be in the tentacle and either moving towards the face or be on the face, just before he lets go. To be honest, I'm not sure which ones of these would look better.
https://pokefarm.com/forum/thread/79267/Spork-s-Droodle-Condoodle-Open page in the shop with my order and the finished art Proof of permission Also, in general: Crediting and sourcing art
If you like my Pokémon stories, any kudos on On Archive of our own are greatly appreciated ^_^

Pages: 1234

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page