PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Wiki Editors: We Need You!

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 111213

Constantine's AvatarConstantine

Wiki Editors: We Need You!

Wiki Discussion Thread

Everyone should know about the PFQ Wiki, it should be the first place you go if you’re seeking out information. But right now…let’s face it. The Wiki at the moment is simply a mere skeleton with the major bones missing. It totally needs fleshing out and we need responsible people who have the knowhow and the knowledge to do so. This is where you come in, our lovely community. We’re looking for folk that can edit the Wiki and make it something more than just useful. It needs to interesting, informative and just a plain good read. So here’s the thing. There'll be a lot of responsibilities for those on Wiki Editor team. You’ll be writing up information, checking information, creating new pages, protecting those pages and practically being the heart and soul of the Wiki. You’ll be helping the community – and we have one big community. As of such we simply can’t have any old person stepping up for the job. From here on we’ll be looking at those who edit the Wiki. The content, the quality…everything that you put on that Wiki will be reviewed. If you’re the bees-knees we’re going to approach you, offer you the position of being a Wiki Editor. You’ll earn yourself a pretty little badge saying ‘Wiki Editor’ and as a sign of our appreciation you’ll receive a permanent interaction boost. Does that sound good? You bet it does. Let’s get on that Wiki and make an impression. Psst, you don't have Malware/Adware, I just hyperlinked everytime it says Wiki huehuehue

Existing Pages

Check here.

Guidelines & Tips & FAQs

Spoilers & Content

Let's talk about Spoilers. Fact is the Wiki is bound to have spoilers, it's filled with information. However spoilers needed to be hidden away. Tag them properly and I mean properly as shown here. Spoiler example code: <spoiler show="Reveal your secrets" hide="No! I didn't want to know!">I am secretly evil. Muahahaha!</spoiler> Spelling/Grammar/Punctuation -Spelling British spelling please. PFQ is a British website, therefore we want British spelling, not American. So colour instead of color, etc. -Punctuation I'm seeing people edit punctuation that is actually correct. If you're not 100% sure then simply don't edit.
More to be added...
♔ Fae King Give me equality.
Tendo64's AvatarTendo64
so we make and edit pages and they are good we get rewards?
There’s more to it than that. But the basic line is this: If you add quality work to the wiki then you’re going to be rewarded for it. This doesn’t mean we’re just going to reward everyone who decides to edit the wiki. We’re looking for quality, we’re looking for people who can care take the wiki and make sure it’s up to date and erase any vandalism/unwanted edits. We want trust worthy people who are up to the job, not folk who are simply going to edit a few times and simply leave the wiki to rot. The folk who earn the title of Wiki Editor will be rewarded with the interaction boost and our gratitude.
Tendo64's AvatarTendo64
ok. I get it now.
Uzumi's AvatarUzumi
What about pages where a Guide exist? Should we PM the person who made the Guide or are we supposed to make the page from scratch? (Because copying the guide is not an option for obvious reasons.) Also questions about the Spoilers: the Egg-list was created, then deleted for being a spoiler, but then Niet added that PFQ isn't as strict with spoilers as PF1. So would this list be allowed as long as it is within a spoiler... thingy? Thinking is a hard concept right now, I'm sorry.
Tendo64's AvatarTendo64
Can you add pages? I'd like to create a page about evolution, if new users don't know how to raise happiness or something confusing to them.
Eltafez's AvatarEltafez
@Uzumi, the content wasn't deleted for being a spoiler. It was only pointed out that the source wasn't official. That said, eggs may be documented if they're indeed hidden within the spoiler code. @Baby Luigi, feel free to do so. No one said that you're restricted to the existing list of pages. ;)
Avatar by me for my personal use only.

Links

Helpful: PFQ Rules | Staff Roster | Help Forums | PFQ Wiki Fan-made Tools: Calculator Personal: Journal
Template © Eltafez
@Baby Luigi, There's already a page about Evolution. Use the search bar to look for certain pages. We don't want duplicate pages.
Bladeporeon's AvatarBladeporeon
I would join in the wiki editing, having edited the RuneScape, Homestar Runner, and PokeMMO wiki extensively (though I'm most prominent on the RS Wiki, having edited it for years), but I believe Niet has stated it does not run on the same software as Wikia wikis. That, and I'm just kinda stuck deciding what to edit...X_X That being said, I might give it a go. =D
* Superhero Vaporeon at your service! Now with Slurpuff sidekick! * Avatar is of my NEW fursuit, made by Katsudoggo!
Killjøy's AvatarKilljøy
I hope this isn't a problem but I have created an account and already edited a few pages, the only problem is that I have absent mindedly used a different username to my pokefarm name. Will that make a difference?

Pages: 123··· 111213

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page