PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

A Beginner's Guide to Happiness and Fields.

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Guides >

Pages: 1234

RedCydranth's AvatarRedCydranth
It seems to be a common question on the site, "How do I evolve Pokemon who need Happiness to evolve?". Well, friend, I'm here to help you out. First, let's quickly go over where you can find the Happiness of your Pokemon. The first place it is shown is in the Fields. When you hover your mouse over any Pokemon in a field, it will show its Happiness. The maximum Happiness can reach is 255. When you first hatch a Pokemon, or adopt it, or receive it in a trade, your Pokemon's Happiness will be 70. Beware: Trading a Pokemon resets its Happiness. If you like your Pokemon to be 255 Happiness, when you get it back in a Dex trade, you will have to make it happy all over again. The second place you can find a Pokemon's happiness is in the Private Summary. When you are viewing your own Pokemon's summary, the second tab, labeled Advanced will show the Happiness of your Pokemon. Which Pokemon evolve by Happiness? Well, your Pokedex will say that when you click "Show Evolution Data". But for this guide, it is important for us to know exactly which, so I'll go over them real quick. Golbat - Flying/Poison Chansey - Normal Eevee - Normal Pichu - Elec Cleffa - Fairy Igglybuff - Normal/Fairy Togepi - Fairy Azurill - Normal/Fairy Budew -Grass/Poison Buneary - Normal Chingling - Psychic Munchlax - Normal Riolu - Fight Woobat - Flying/Psychic Swadloon - Grass/Bug I've listed their typing next to them because this is a very important part of how to make them happy. In order to evolve your Pokemon, your Happiness on that Pokemon must be 220 or higher. So, how do you raise that stat? One way (currently). Placing them in a Field they enjoy. Pokemon most enjoy the field their type is. "It's that simple? I'll just go buy one of each type of field and I'll be all set!" Yes, you would be. However, that's expensive. Especially early on here at PFQ. Credits are precious and every time you buy a new field, the price increases. So buying one field of each type will get pretty expensive, fairly fast. So, the better solution is to maximize your field buying to the ones you'll need most for happiness training and buy the other ones later as you get more expendable funds. "So, which fields are those? I need One of just those types right?" Yes, you could go that route and only buy 8 or 9 fields instead of all of them. But there's an even more efficient way. Listen up, this is where it gets technical. Fields don't only help just one type (in most cases). For instance, the Fighting type field will also raise the happiness of Normal, Ice, Rock, Dark and Steel. However it will lower the happiness of Poison, Ghost, Flying, Psychic, Fairy and Bug. Not every field has this many types it affects but I chose this one as an example because it has a LOT of possible effects. How much happiness is gained is dependent on how much they like the field. If they match the field's type, it will get the most of the field's effect. So putting a Poochyena in a Dark Field will help it more than any other field. However, if you noticed, I listed Dark among the positives of the Fighting field. If you place a Poochyena there, it will also grow happiness. Not as fast as if it were in a Dark field, but it'll get the job done with patience. Conversely if you placed an Abra in that field, it'd get unhappy at the same rate. I'll denote rates differently here. (++) = really likes the field. (+) = Only likes it some. (-) = Dislikes the field. Pay attention to Pokemon with multiple types! What would happen if I put an Aerodactyl in the Fighting field? It is both Rock(+) and Flying(-). These effects would cancel out and happiness would neither rise nor fall. What about Medicham? Fighting(++) and Psychic(-)? Well, since it really likes fighting but doesn't like Psychic, it will only gain at the same rate as the other positive types. And finally what about Scraggy? Fight(++) and Dark(+)? Well, as you can probably surmise, its happiness will shoot up as fast as it gets. Look for these types of pairings when possible. Lastly, what if you put a Growlithe in the Fighting field? It doesn't have any affinity positive or negative, so it won't gain happiness, nor will it lose it. Always make sure when you place a Pokemon in the typed field that it's safe for it to be there! So, back to evolving your happiness based Pokemon! I've devised a way for you to maximize the Happiness of all the required Pokemon in just 4 fields. That's pretty light on your wallet compared to 18 or even 8 as discussed before. The four fields I recommend buying are: Normal, Psychic, Electric and Poison. Normal fields are selfish and only help Normal types. But you have enough that need to evolve by Happiness of normal type it's justified buying this field. So, Igglybuff (++), Azurill(++), Munchlax(++), Buneary(++), Eevee(++) and Chansey(++) go here. Psychic fields assist Psychic, Fighting and Poison. This will help Woobat(++), Chingling(++) and Riolu(+) evolve. Budew and Golbat could go here too, but they're better suited for a different field... Poison Field helps Poison, Grass and Fairy types. So, Budew(+++), Golbat(++), Swadloon(+), Cleffa(+) and Togepi(+) should all go here. Electric field helps Electric and Flying, so this will get Pichu(+), Woobat and Golbat. Since you could place Woobat and Golbat in the Psychic and Poison fields respectively, and get better boosts to their happiness, really this one is just for Pichu. No other field meshes well with Electric sadly. After being in the field they enjoy for 3-6 days, they will be ready to evolve and have plenty of happiness! Eventually if you want to buy the other field types so you can maximize the happiness of other Pokemon, by all means go and do that. But I really recommend these four be the first four fields you buy. To Add Later: A full chart on which fields affect which types.
Signature by Naiyala
Thanks for the advice!
Ninetales's AvatarNinetales
Hi! I just wanted to ask you, is there a specific amount of credits that the price of a field increases by each time you buy a new one? Like, by how much does the price increase for each new field you buy? Is there a specific number or is just at random? Because, I am planning to hoard some Pokemon and I already calculated about how many fields I need, and I want to earn that amount of credits before, buying any fields. If possible, can somebody please answer me? Thank you in advance.
JJasoneo's AvatarJJasoneo
it starts at either ₢100 or ₢200 (i don't remember, it's one or the other) and each field you buy costs an extra ₢100. so if you bought three, you would spend ₢100, ₢200 then ₢300 (or ₢200, ₢300 then ₢400)
ancom
TonyKetchum's AvatarTonyKetchum
It starts at ₢100. Just wound up buying my first field after reading the OP.
Pokemon Amber: The Untold Memoir Switch FC: SW-3832-0984-1698 Current Pokemon Games Played: Let's Go Eevee, Home, Shield, Cafe Mix, GO!
Meu's AvatarMeu
@JJasoneo: The increase gets larger as you go on. It doesn't just keep going up 100 credits. I'm at the point where my next field costs about 5,000 more credits than the last.
shop + journal + credit
if my journal is deleted: Art Credit: Avatar & About Me: Zan Forum Signature: Silver
phone lines follow us, like heartbeats in the dusk hold my hand and gush, sweet landscapes from the bus
JJasoneo's AvatarJJasoneo
Thanks, @Rose Lalonde, I was unaware of that
Zashuna's AvatarZashuna
Hello, Thanks your tutorial. Greetings.
I will care you, my love ♥
Lorne's AvatarLorne
Hi, quick question, I've had my riolu in a fighting type field for a few weeks now and it's happiness hasn't changed, it's still only at 70 "happiness".
༺☆༻ Trade shop ༺☆༻ Art Shop ༺☆༻ 16739 ༺☆༻ Buying
25, 50
༺☆༻ Previous hunts ༺☆༻
Icon & Minisprite: me Gif: House of the Dragon
Meu's AvatarMeu
@kurloz: Maybe it's because it's on a Scour mission? Just a guess, haha.

Pages: 1234

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page