PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Cele's Scrolls

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Journals > Staff >

Pages: 1234··· 91011

Cele's AvatarCele
🌹 roses are red 🌹 💙 violets are blue 💙 ✴ I hatched a melan ✴ ✌ but now I want two ✌
sig code and sig bg image made by me
Cele's AvatarCele
Please note that all of these images are for specific people and are NOT free to use. However, the listed people may use their image however they like. Thanks again to Garthic and Niet for putting up with me and helping me figure out my information for my PF1 account so that I could get my old Pokemon back. ^_^ Garthic Niet
Cele's AvatarCele
Meihru is really rude and threw me into the Holon thingy today. Except that it wasn't me. I'm a noodle. That's clearly a bug.
Cele's AvatarCele
Crimmas doodles. These doodles are for the named people only. They may use their image(s) however they wish. Suriya Shazi SporkoBug

No Speech Bubble version

Ledah

Explicit version

Not available here. However, one exists, and Ledah has full permission to use it.
Blank_Banshee DuchessLunaire Free-to-use image has been used on the PFQ-friendly version.

Explicit version

Not available here. However, one exists, and DuchessLunaire has full permission to use it.
annador Voltaire TechmasterSM4000 OkamiMako
Cele's AvatarCele

My Babies

Legendary Pokemon

Variants

Exclusives

Eevee & Eeveelutions

Kanto

Johto

Hoenn

Sinnoh

Unova

Kalos

Alola

Galar

Hisui

Paldea

Cele's AvatarCele

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

It turns out you are indeed correct, LESS supports importing stylesheets into blocks. Well I never. So it's actually possible right now, although it's a bit of a hack to do so. Create a skin. Doesn't matter what the colours are, but what you want is the Extra CSS area. Fill that in with whatever you need. The skin path will be something like asdf/my-skin-name In your post, you can then do: @import 'skins/user/a/s/d/f/my-skin-name/__extra'; So that's "skins/user/" then the first part of the skin path with each character separated by slashes, then the skin name, then "/__extra" - this is where the Extra CSS is saved. Sure it's a hack, but if it works... :D But as you said yourself, it'd only be useful to a small number of people... If there's demand for it, I'll put in some way of using actual files. Maybe even with the Notepad feature on the Farm page. But until then, like I said, if it works XD
Note for later for maybe fun CSS shenanigans

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

You can also pull in colours from the user's own site skin! The main ones are: @col-bg1 - the main background colour, default light green. @col-bg2 - the "heading" background colour, default brown. @col-bg3 - the "panel" background colour, default grey. @col-fg1 - the main text colour, default dark green. @col-fg2 - the "heading" text colour, default grey. @col-border - the colour used for borders, default dark green. @col-link1 - link colour, default blue. @col-link2 - visited link colour, default purple. @col-link3 - active link colour, default red.
More fun shenanigans.
Cele's AvatarCele

Protips from Staff

If I make a flowchart to help answer a question, I'll add it here.

Suggestions Forum

• Is this person in the Suggestions forum doing something wrong? - Flowchart
Cele's AvatarCele
Drawn by Fyrena with permission for use in my PMs This is adorable and has made my day, thank you so much Fyrena! I love your take on my noodle so much ♥️
Cele's AvatarCele

Ideas

Automatic Chain Tracking

What it could look like in use

7437 320 72 4

Possible BBCodes

[chain=pkmn] [chain=hatched] [chain=hatched(s)] [chain=hatched(a)] [chain=hatched(m)]

Possible BBCodes, detailed

[chain=pkmn] would return the image for [pkmn=Sneasel] given that my current chain in this example is Sneasel, but if I broke my chain and began hunting Charmander, it would automatically update itself and return the image for [pkmn=Charmander] without the need for me to edit the post. The foundation for this already seems to exist, as seen on the shiny hunting page where the pkmn sprite matches what your current chain is. Possible variations could include [chain=pkmn], [chain=pkmn(s)], [chain=pkmn(a)], and [chain=pkmn(m)] to return N/S/A/M minisprites of the Pokemon currently being chained without the need for further editing by the user. [chain=hatched] would track the number of eggs hatched in the the chain. This is obviously already being done by the system as seen on the shiny hunt page. This number would include shiny, albino, and melanistic Pokemon hatched in the chain. [chain=hatched(s)] would track the number of shiny Pokemon hatched in the chain. This is also already being done, as seen on the Timeline of shiny Pokemon hatched in chains. This number would exclude melanistic Pokemon hatched in the chain. [chain=hatched(a)] would track the number of albino Pokemon hatched in the chain. This is where it gets a little tricky. I'm aware that albinos are random and not determined by the chain. However, if you determine whether the species of egg being hatched matches the species being chained and then check if the hatchling is albino and increment the count accordingly, you could feasibly track this as a statistic. This number would exclude melanistic Pokemon hatched in the chain. [chain=hatched(m)] would track the number of melanistic Pokemon hatched in the chain.

Reasoning

Many users, especially those who have taken to hunting seriously, enjoy tracking the statistics for their hunts. However, the number of what they've hatched, notably albinos, is exceptionally easy to lose track of. Additionally, editing is required constantly if the user wants an exact count. I have seen people get frustrated when they lose track and add a tilde in front of their albino counter since they now doubt the accuracy of it. My proposition is for a precise set of counters that does this for them, while still being fully modular so that they can decorate it as I have done with the egg and star images above. I personally also dislike the idea of having to go back and edit such a counter on a per-hunt basis, so having it reference my current chain rather than a chain on a per-species basis would be ideal. If I want to end a hunt, I can copy down the statistics that this code would give as a final record of how the hunt went, then break my chain. Doing so would set these counters to match the next chain's statistics, such as zeroing the special counters out and setting the [chain=hatched] counter to 1 for a new chain. It would be ideal if the PR Memory Stick was accounted for and the statistics were stored for reuse upon restoration of a saved chain, but ultimately it wouldn't be difficult for a user to simply add the pre-PRMS
PR Memory Stick
stats to the resumed chain's stats. It would still be a much more solid point of reference than manually counting.
Cele's AvatarCele
By me. I found a cheap sashy on the market. I had to show how pleased I was. :p

Pages: 1234··· 91011

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page