PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Questions about Site Rules

Forum Index > Core > Help >

Pages: 123··· 149150151152

LightMoonBeam's AvatarLightMoonBeam

QUOTE originally posted by Cele

It's only if you want to use the sprites themselves that you need permission. ^^
Excellent, that's what I thought, but since I was using the color of the sprite, I wasn't sure if it was included or not, thank you! :)
Profile image by me, do not use without permission! Current type race point : 1036
Currently collecting : @60zc @60zc
Cele's AvatarCele
Not a problem!
sig code and sig bg image made by me
Gumshoe's AvatarGumshoe
Do item rotation gifs like this need credit to PFQ/nintendo if the images were taken from PFQ image codes?
this one was put together by me, using img codes from pfq
Like a "sprites by nintendo, edited by me" kind of deal?
"I'll devote my body and soul to following after you, Mr. Edgeworth!"
Chicken 🌻 24 they/them Shop Journal Art Shop
Cele's AvatarCele

QUOTE originally posted by Gumshoe

Do item rotation gifs like this need credit to PFQ/nintendo if the images were taken from PFQ image codes?
this one was put together by me, using img codes from pfq
Like a "sprites by nintendo, edited by me" kind of deal?
This is a somewhat loaded question due to the varying circumstances of each summon sprite. Some are just straight up Nintendo sprites, used as-is or with minimal edits to fix shading or whatever (Magma Stone and the Black/Grey/White Stones come to mind). Others are Nintendo sprites, but recolored or given significant enough edits to make them something else (Black Belt and Focus Sash became Cloned Sash and Origin Sash respectively, Strange Souvenir became the Tapu idols, Ghost Tag I think was used for Tanzaku, etc.). And other sprites still might be completely original scratch sprites, wholly made by PFQ Artists, though I'm not currently aware of which, if any. The safest thing you can do is to credit both Nintendo as well as PFQ for the sprites for our/their respective contributions (you're not expected to differentiate every little thing lol, just saying Nintendo/PFQ is fine), and edited into a gif by you.
Hollykit's AvatarHollykit
For my art shop thread can I have one of the payment methods to be giving discord nitro (using the gift option on discord)? I can’t find anything in the discord ToS against it but nothing for it either... so I’m unsure if it’s actually ok. I can’t accept currency so thought maybe nitro be good as that what I would spend some money on anyways XD
Cele's AvatarCele
That would depend heavily on Discord's terms of service and conditions. I believe this question has come up elsewhere for me lately, and that the findings said they don't allow that. We have to respect that, so we don't permit it to occur on our site.
Shiftycheese's AvatarShiftycheese
would I be able to post in the art forum payments that are not site based? i.e. I can offer commissions through paypal?
I live in the art forums... I love seeing everyone's art <3
Cele's AvatarCele
As long as the other site that you're accepting payment of allows it per their Terms of Service, then that is fine. However, please keep in mind that you may only take up to 50% prepayment for art. It has to be completed before you can take the last 50% of payment, or you can collect the full payment at the end.
LightMoonBeam's AvatarLightMoonBeam
Hi! I'm back with more questions :) I wanted to create a big index with every delta found on the site. The index would include regular/shiny/albino/melan of every type per pokemon. That way, member could view the delta sprite and choose which one they would like for a future hunt. Here are my question : 1. Could I create this delta mega index in the guide section or it would have to go in my journal? 2. Let's say I want to use a the sprite image of a pokemon from another user in their field, would I have to ask if I can feature them individually, or I could just add it with a link to the original user? 3. Would it be too big? I wanted to do around 25 pokemon per post, which would include around 1800 sprite in a single post. If I were to reduce and do 10 per post instead, it still would have more than 100 posts, which I fear would be too big to be posted/organized neatly. Thank you! :) Thank you!
Cele's AvatarCele

QUOTE originally posted by LightMoonBeam

Hi! I'm back with more questions :) I wanted to create a big index with every delta found on the site. The index would include regular/shiny/albino/melan of every type per pokemon. That way, member could view the delta sprite and choose which one they would like for a future hunt. Here are my question : 1. Could I create this delta mega index in the guide section or it would have to go in my journal? 2. Let's say I want to use a the sprite image of a pokemon from another user in their field, would I have to ask if I can feature them individually, or I could just add it with a link to the original user? 3. Would it be too big? I wanted to do around 25 pokemon per post, which would include around 1800 sprite in a single post. If I were to reduce and do 10 per post instead, it still would have more than 100 posts, which I fear would be too big to be posted/organized neatly. Thank you! :) Thank you!
So, this has a big thing that has to be considered well before I can even answer your first and second questions. That's the third question there... You're wanting to create a guide/index of images for every normal, shiny, albino, and melanistic delta species, correct? According to my math (1407 species on-site, 4 different sprites of each, 18 different types), that's over a hundred thousand images in total and it will only grow by 72 for each Pokemon species added. If you're looking to post these all on-site as images, the answer outright will have to be no. If you're just wanting to create a collection of codes that people could take from in order to view their selected sprite(s) on their own, then maybe. That's a little bit more feasible, assuming you're going to put that in a Google Doc or something. It'd also be on you to update this guide and ensure that the Google Doc doesn't get anything inappropriate put in it if you allow collaborators. As for your other questions... 1. If you're okay with it being done as described above, Guides is fine. 2. Asking is nice, but not necessary.

Pages: 123··· 149150151152

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2021 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | WikiGet shortlink for this page