PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Questions about Site Rules

Forum Index > Core > Help >

Pages: 123··· 145146147148

Mareep's AvatarMareep
Yes, basically. Like, let's say I have a delta normal, fire and grass mareep and I want to sell one. The auction is for only one, but the winner gets to pick which of the three they want
Avatar by Akua, permission to use it here
angelatos's Avatarangelatos
just double checking, but would it be alright to make bait of PFQ exclusive pokemon? (I haven't seen this anywhere else, my apologies if it's been answered before!)
trans rights
ash 18 she/they
larvesta 324h/2s/2a/0m
/ 300
/ 300
EstherGamer's AvatarEstherGamer
So, I have a question about off-site links, as I'm still a bit confused even after reading all of the pages in this thread. Am I allowed to put a link to my art thread (Which is on a different forum, but one that doesn't allow inappropriate content) in my signature? Asking because I keep all of my drawings there and I would like to just be able to link to the thread, as I plan on using one of my drawings as a forum avatar here, and also in case I ever decide to start rp-ing here (or to be more blunt and honest, if I decide to overwhelm myself even more), because I'm absolutely terrible at describing appearances for my characters and prefer just showing a picture of the character.
Avatar made by myself (Originally posted here)
Eltafez's AvatarEltafez

QUOTE originally posted by angelatos

just double checking, but would it be alright to make bait of PFQ exclusive pokemon? (I haven't seen this anywhere else, my apologies if it's been answered before!)
This is fine! If you post it off-site, however, staff would very much appreciate a credit to PFQ for the design. ^^

QUOTE originally posted by EstherGamer

So, I have a question about off-site links, as I'm still a bit confused even after reading all of the pages in this thread. Am I allowed to put a link to my art thread (Which is on a different forum, but one that doesn't allow inappropriate content) in my signature? Asking because I keep all of my drawings there and I would like to just be able to link to the thread, as I plan on using one of my drawings as a forum avatar here, and also in case I ever decide to start rp-ing here (or to be more blunt and honest, if I decide to overwhelm myself even more), because I'm absolutely terrible at describing appearances for my characters and prefer just showing a picture of the character.
This is also okay. :)
Avatar by Valeria for my personal use only.

Links

Helpful: PFQ Rules | Staff Roster | Help Forums | PFQ Wiki Fan-made Tools: Calculator Personal: Journal
Template © Eltafez
Tredecim's AvatarTredecim
is artifically inflating the market price against the rules?
  • Ads
  • Profile Image Creds
pfp is by Marie-Chan from this shop
Obstagoon's AvatarObstagoon
I dont believe so. The site runs on a free market. You can basically charge what you want as long as you dont scam people out of items and such
Avatar is of my Pokesona and Crazy's pokesona 🦡Ryu - Julian is thy name, 23 earth rotations🦡
Cele's AvatarCele

QUOTE originally posted by Mareep

Yes, basically. Like, let's say I have a delta normal, fire and grass mareep and I want to sell one. The auction is for only one, but the winner gets to pick which of the three they want
No, sorry. There's two main reasons for this. First, the percieved values of these things may be different. Someone may be willing to bid only 50GP for the grass one, but be willing to go up to 200GP for the fire one. Forcing someone to pay higher for what they think is a low-value item just because someone else wants the higher-value one is a bit... mmmh. Secondly, it muddies the terms of an otherwise clear auction. So please keep the auction package(s) separate and remove any A or B type choices from the picture. If you need help picking whick one you should sell, perhaps ask a friend or roll a dice or flip a coin. c:

QUOTE originally posted by Tredecim

This is a bit of a complicated one. Ordinarily, the market is a free economy kind of thing and it's fine as long as everyone plays fair. In the majority of cases it's a huge initial investment with no guarantee of payout, so it's a huge risk that can leave someone with no reward for their time or effort. Things like that, the existence of a market history, the presence of market fees that are raised as the price increases, and the market usually balancing out due to the quantity of users on the site and items in circulation tend to keep things at their natural pace. However, if malicious intent, plotting, or doing this intentionally were to be proven, then that would perhaps be another story as it could be taken to be against the exploit rule. This could lead to an account lock if that were to be the case.
sig code and sig bg image made by me
Terabbit's AvatarTerabbit

QUOTE originally posted by Cele

This is a bit of a complicated one. Ordinarily, the market is a free economy kind of thing and it's fine as long as everyone plays fair. In the majority of cases it's a huge initial investment with no guarantee of payout, so it's a huge risk that can leave someone with no reward for their time or effort. Things like that, the existence of a market history, the presence of market fees that are raised as the price increases, and the market usually balancing out due to the quantity of users on the site and items in circulation tend to keep things at their natural pace. However, if malicious intent, plotting, or doing this intentionally were to be proven, then that would perhaps be another story as it could be taken to be against the exploit rule. This could lead to an account lock if that were to be the case.
I was wondering how this would even play out. How could someone prove malicious market inflation or deflation especially since it is anonymous? Edit: actually while I'm here why would it be wrong to purposely inflate or deflate market but it's fine to flip items for 2x to 3xs what a user initially paid for them. In both scenarios people are getting ripped off. Its a huge head scratcher. Why is one malicious activity totally allowed (actually it's against the rules to help people avoid being ripped off) but another action that is equally self serving and malicious, not allowed.
Check out my joint shop!! Icon drawn by me!
Cele's AvatarCele

QUOTE originally posted by Terabbit

Past quotes

QUOTE originally posted by Cele

I was wondering how this would even play out. How could someone prove malicious market inflation or deflation especially since it is anonymous? Edit: actually while I'm here why would it be wrong to purposely inflate or deflate market but it's fine to flip items for 2x to 3xs what a user initially paid for them. In both scenarios people are getting ripped off. Its a huge head scratcher. Why is one malicious activity totally allowed (actually it's against the rules to help people avoid being ripped off) but another action that is equally self serving and malicious, not allowed.
It's anonymous *to you*, which is the key point here. There is, in all technicality, a history of the tos and froms as a programmatic requirement because Sally has to know who to take from and who to give to. It's just a Niet-only thing in terms of records, but it is something we've had to look at before and would do again if needed. Flipping an item is a risky action from just "playing the market" normally, which is a simple economics choice which, in all fairness, may not pay off at all for reasons previously stated. Flipping also isn't inherently malicious. It's just a gambit to attempt to turn a profit. Malicious activity usually comes with a tell, such as a statement said in a PM or on Discord, or other malicious behaviours. This is something that can give off a red flag to check for certain market activity, like Person A hates Person B and wants to interfere with their collected summon and has said as much, so they buy up the entire Market and put them back up for exorbitant prices. Then they're likely to brag about it being to someone else's detriment, like, "haha, hecc that guy in particular." It's a matter of ill intent and their conspiracy to follow through on it.
Yeah's AvatarYeah
If I’m artificially inflating/deflating the market purely for my profit is it allowed? Like if I buy all the sweet hearts off the market below 2,000 so I can sell mine for more.
Yeah / It
  • Title 1
  • My Hobbies
  • Credits
contents 1
Haio I’m yeah and I love running and playing video games :) I cycle through phases of playing various games, but these are the main game I play:

Minecraft, Fortnight, Animal Crossing New Horizons, TFT, Super Smash Bros Ultimate, Town of Salem, Neko Atsume, Clash of Clams, Balloons TD battle, Amongus

Pages: 123··· 145146147148

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2021 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | WikiGet shortlink for this page