PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Questions about Site Rules

Forum Index > Core > Help >

Pages: 123··· 107108109

Narrev's AvatarNarrev
In cases dealing with selling/"lending" items/Pokemon/what have you, aren't all rules null and void that the user makes on their forum when the object in question is sent to a new user as the new user can play the game how they want? What is the point of allowing users to post rules to their trades then if ultimately it is up to the buyer's choice? What's stopping someone from renting a Shiny Charm and Box only to turn around and sell it because they were given the item and they can play the game how they choose?
Mareep's AvatarMareep
I'm not sure I 100% understand your question. Short answer is: We have rules. Breaking the site rules is not 'choosing to play however you want' and stealing is not allowed. That means if some new player (or an old one) borrows my SCB and resells it, I can report them, get my box back and have them punished. The part about 'it's up to the buyer to follow the rules of a trade shop' is more for things like 'no reselling', 'don't use my specials for delta points', etc. Those rules will not get enforced by the mods, so the only thing you can do if this happens is never trade with that person again. While I'm sure there are some people who don't care about that, from what I've seen most people follow these rules, because it's the right thing to do. So, yes, technically people don't need to follow those self-made rules (but site rules still count). You need to decide if you can live with that. The alternative is usually to raise prices, so things like deltaing specials or reselling aren't really a thing
Avatar by Akua, permission to use it here
Adian's AvatarAdian
Had an curious question regarding off site trading. PayPal's TOS states you must be 18+ to use it. I know PFQ has stated it's not responsible for off-site trading. Since there are users who've clearly states they're under 18, does this become an issue, or is it simply part of the not responsible for off-site trading?
Made by Novan-chan
Type Race Score: 400 Selling all kinds of pokemon, items, dexes, adoptions and newbie freebies! Banner created by, Maomi, purchased for me by ChibiLunaThorn. Avatar made by Yutalia@DA. Purchased and used with permission.
Eltafez's AvatarEltafez

QUOTE originally posted by weegeestar5

Hello, I was wondering if offering art for referrals is okay? Mainly just "hey, check out this cool game, and if you add me as your refferer, I'll do some art for you in return." Obviously this would be dealt with off-site, but I was just wondering if something like this would be seen as cheating for referrals or something?
Since PFQ isn't really a platform for art, this would actually be seen as advertising for said website. In this instance, PFQ is only used as a medium to convey your message, rather than anything happening on it, if this is understandable?

QUOTE originally posted by Yay

So I’m planning on hosting a raffle in the coming months and was about to submit an application. As in my previous raffles, I was planning on offering donation opportunities to the prize pool for extra entries. Some people have already done that, so am I allowed to list their entries in my application and label them as such? In addition, if on the off chance that someone sees my application and wants to send me things for the prize pool, am I allowed to edit them in even if my application is still pending approval?
Donations should not be accepted yet while the contest is still in the application process. If the contest happens to be declined and no new attempt is made (or allowed to be made) then the donations have to be sent back anyway. This is something that we'll add to the contest rules once we get around to updating them.

QUOTE originally posted by Cele

So I have a question about 18+ content. It's stated that participants of an 18+ RP in DMs must post a RP starter thread in the mature forums, but what of regular conversational content that is 18+? Is it okay for that to be in DMs with no mature thread for verification, or would that be necessary just to make sure both parties are old enough as well? TLDR I wanna talk about an anime with someone in DMs and it's not the most kid-friendly thing. :D
Yes, these need to be confirmed in mature forums. There are grey zones, but those are reviewed case-by-case.

QUOTE originally posted by Narrev

In cases dealing with selling/"lending" items/Pokemon/what have you, aren't all rules null and void that the user makes on their forum when the object in question is sent to a new user as the new user can play the game how they want? What is the point of allowing users to post rules to their trades then if ultimately it is up to the buyer's choice? What's stopping someone from renting a Shiny Charm and Box only to turn around and sell it because they were given the item and they can play the game how they choose?
How are all the rules null and void, exactly? Just because one rule says "play how you want" doesn't mean it invalidates the others. They're all equally important. That rule simply explains that no other user can dictate how you play the game. We have a zero-tolerance policy for all theft. As stated in the trade rules, an agreement is ironclad once both parties accept. Dex trades and/or the renting of items means the goods are returned to its owner when it has fulfilled the other person's purpose. If you don't have permission from the owner to keep it and refuse to return, you're breaking the agreement and thus committing theft. At that point staff can step in and deal with the situation accordingly. User-made rules exist to make it easier on the seller (and buyer). They give a sense of decorum. While staff cannot enforce these rules (imagine if we had to - we'd need an army!) the seller can choose to refuse future dealings with a person if their own set of rules is breached. Mind, we don't allow blacklisting so any sort of public warn/ban list is a no-go either, even if the other person breached their rules.

QUOTE originally posted by Adian

Had an curious question regarding off site trading. PayPal's TOS states you must be 18+ to use it. I know PFQ has stated it's not responsible for off-site trading. Since there are users who've clearly states they're under 18, does this become an issue, or is it simply part of the not responsible for off-site trading?
Sadly this isn't something we can enforce because we wouldn't know whether it's their own account or, say, a parent's account. Even if we did have that knowledge, there could be other circumstances to think of, eg. child gets permission from their parent to buy something.

Links

Helpful: PFQ Rules | Staff Roster | Help Forums | PFQ Wiki Fan-made Tools: WikiFirsts | Calculator Personal: Journal | Comic
Template © Eltafez
In my art shop, I post something like "On it!" as a reply to requests so that the buyer knows I am working on their sprite. If no one post between then and the time I finish, there is no way for me to notify the user that the sprite is done without double posting. If I simply edit the previous post, It will not make a notification, and the user won't be notified that the sprite is finished. In this scenario, what should I do? I don't want to break the bump/double posting rule.
Join an RP Discord server here!
KaiserMeowser's AvatarKaiserMeowser
You could always just PM the user ^^
Cassy1235's AvatarCassy1235

QUOTE originally posted by AsteroidPizza39

In my art shop, I post something like "On it!" as a reply to requests so that the buyer knows I am working on their sprite. If no one post between then and the time I finish, there is no way for me to notify the user that the sprite is done without double posting. If I simply edit the previous post, It will not make a notification, and the user won't be notified that the sprite is finished. In this scenario, what should I do? I don't want to break the bump/double posting rule.
I'm pretty sure that counts as an important update, which you can double post for. ^^
Icon drawn by me. (Original Post)
Eltafez's AvatarEltafez
Not really. Important updates are eg. major price changes, announcing you're closing the thread for a bit, etc. If you're going to post every time you finish something, then you're effectively spamming the thread. Best thing to do is to edit the previous post and/or the post where you stick all your finished work in, then PM the person to tell them their piece is ready.

Pages: 123··· 107108109

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2018 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | WikiGet shortlink for this page