PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Questions about Site Rules

Forum Index > Core > Help >

Pages: 1234··· 135136137

Got a quick question about rule 6.B about the blocking friend requests in particular. I don't like getting random friend requests, and in my about me section I have a spiel about it. In that is a warning saying that I will block whoever sends me a random friend request. Do I properly have that right, or do I need to remove that from my profile? I know it seems rude and all, but I'd rather know a bit about who it is that I am allowing to be my friend than just accepting any random request that comes my way, and that is also stated in that same warning.
Avatar made by me. Mega Houndoom © Nintendo/GAMEFREAK. Melanistic idea © PFQ
Uzumi's AvatarUzumi
I also have a question. It only happened like 2 times, but people I never talked to sent me a PM advertising their (PFQ) Shop/RP/Clan and I wanted to know if this is against the rules or not? I can't find a rule that would apply to this, but it feels like this belongs to SPAM (I mean, emails that advertise stuff are also considered spam for most people, and I already get enough of them off-site D:). Edit: Also shouldn't this be in the Help Forum? It was even stated that this is not the place to debate the current rules.
Blank Banshee's AvatarBlank Banshee

QUOTE originally posted by Uzumi

I also have a question. It only happened like 2 times, but people I never talked to sent me a PM advertising their (PFQ) Shop/RP/Clan and I wanted to know if this is against the rules or not? I can't find a rule that would apply to this, but it feels like this belongs to SPAM (I mean, emails that advertise stuff are also considered spam for most people, and I already get enough of them off-site D:).
This would in fact be considered SPAM, considering it's unsolicited and unwanted. Please report users that do this.
Eltafez's AvatarEltafez
@ Candypeach and NixNight~

QUOTE originally posted by Rule 7

(...) anything more than a text link is not allowed.
I believe this solves your dilemma. @ Argent~ Saying that somewhere on your page is perfectly fine (as long as it's civil), seeing as the FR button is right between the Trainer Card and 'About' box.
Avatar by Valeria for my personal use only.

Links

Helpful: PFQ Rules | Staff Roster | Help Forums | PFQ Wiki Fan-made Tools: Calculator Personal: Journal | Comic
Template © Eltafez
Faulkon's AvatarFaulkon
Okie Dokie two questions.... With altering the colour of your text, does that also apply to your "About me?" or solely the forums? And when it comes to annoying people with trades would it count as begging if your Pokemon has been left in "trade limbo" for more than ,say, a day or so and you want to remind them that "hey I'm waiting?!" Or are they in the wrong (or even breaking some form of rule?) for wanting to set up a trade and then disappearing off somewhere/ not going through with the trade without stating so. Hope that makes sense :)
Kaia13's AvatarKaia13
I have a question about rule 6B as well. It says you can block someone to keep them from sending any more friend requests. There was one user I sent a request to. They had nothing about not wanting random friend requests on their profile, but they rejected my request. I would've been okay with that, even though the message with the denial sounded rude, but they also blocked me. Blocking says, "Leave me alone. I want nothing to do with you." Being told that from someone who knows nothing about me after I've done nothing wrong made me feel worthless. Doesn't this also violate the "Be Respectful" part of that rule?
Avatar from Avatar: The Last Airbender
LostUmbreon's AvatarLostUmbreon
Question on click begging. I see users frequently who say in their about or on their trainer card "click my fields too!" or "please click my level up field?" or some variant thereof. Is that considered click begging or is it considered asking for a little extra help? Granted if people ask politely like that in their card, I usually do, because unless fields are berry sorted, then I usually don't click fields...
No random PMs please | Avatar is official art done by Yana Toboso.
Garthic's AvatarGarthic
@Arakira, It applies all-around. You don't want to be murdering anyone's eyes, I imagine - nor would you like your own murdered. Any time you can edit these, do so with other people in mind. If you are waiting on someone to complete a trade, a polite reminder is fine - do keep in mind, though, that not everyone is available 24/7. Be patient. @Kaia13, I can point out a few assumptions you made which immediately send off warning signals to me. They had nothing on their profile - does this inherently mean they're going to accept friend requests blindly? No. Do they have to have something that states they don't accept random friend requests, or that they block random friend requests that they receive? No. I only recently put something in my status because I've been getting them left, right and centre - for 3 years, this is the FIRST TIME EVER that I have stated I do not accept random friend requests. Even if I didn't, it doesn't mean I am no longer within my rights to decline, or even block, any random friend request that I receive. The next assumption is what blocking means - it doesn't mean that at all. If you take it to mean that, then that is entirely your choice. You cannot place a single definitive meaning on an action that can mean many different things between people. There is no rule broken by someone blocking you from sending friend requests. Especially if it's a staff member - you'd be sadly surprised at how many people do not understand that a declined friend request means "No". They are also well within their rights to block friend requests if they wish to do so, and any idea otherwise is pure silliness - and in fact, if it was such a horrible thing to do... Would it be programmed in the first place? The answer to that is 'no', because it's a perfectly acceptable thing to do. @LostUmbreon, That is perfectly fine - it's just on their page. It's essentially people using tools outside of their own editing capability, such as the forums or sending spammy PMs. It's hardly SPAM if it's not fitting of the last letter of the abbreviation. S. Stupid. P. Pointless. A. Annoying. M. Messages. If you're not receiving a message through any means, it may fit the rest of the criteria, but it's not taking up any additional space. Besides, isn't your userpage where people come to click your pokémon to begin with? :)

QUOTE originally posted by Eltafez

@ Argent~ Saying that somewhere on your page is perfectly fine (as long as it's civil), seeing as the FR button is right between the Trainer Card and 'About' box.
Righty-ho then! I shall review it to make sure it is still as civil as I thought it was when I first wrote it in my 'About' box. It will, however, remain just as stern. Onto another question: Pertaining to Rule 2.C (Type Appropriately), I realize that chatspeak is not allowed, but there are some people like me who don't exactly do much with chatrooms; as such, do emotes (examples: :3 ;3 X3 ) count as chatspeak?
Red Eyes's AvatarRed Eyes
Just wanted ask why nothing about art theft is mentioned in the rules. At the very least, I thought there would be a link in the rules thread to the art theft thread's first page/post. Just curious since art theft has been a major problem on PFQ.
Journal Join the Click-A-Holics? Shiny Dex Trades Avatar is official Pokemon art.

Pages: 1234··· 135136137

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2020 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | WikiGet shortlink for this page