PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Questions about Site Rules

Forum Index > Core > Help >

Pages: 123··· 152153154155

angelatos's Avatarangelatos
got it, thanks! sorry for the earlier confusion^^;;

after all, decay is a form of love

ash | they/them
Cele's AvatarCele
Np! You're welcome. ^^
sig code and sig bg image made by me
Summerstrider's AvatarSummerstrider
If you have a lot of questions, are you allowed to post them all at once in the Help forum? Or does that count as spamming?
Purrloin icon is by SilverRabbit, my use only. Link to their art shop is here.
Eltafez's AvatarEltafez
I don't see why you can't; feel free to do so. ^^
Avatar by Valeria for my personal use only.

Links

Helpful: PFQ Rules | Staff Roster | Help Forums | PFQ Wiki Fan-made Tools: Calculator Personal: Journal
Template © Eltafez
Toxel's AvatarToxel
I think this is the right place to post this but sorry if it isn't.. I'm really glad there is an actual Type Race Rules post now! (i've broken some of the rules before because I didn't know it wasn't allowed ^^;) but some of them I'm not really sure what the point is? I'm not saying the rules are pointless, I'm sure they are there for a reason but I don't know what those reasons are xD so I'd just like to know why some of these rules are there? I'll put my specific questions in a hide box

specific questions

Rule 3B (no spam, pointless or unrelated posts) About congratulatory posts: I'm assuming this rule is so there aren't like 10 pages of just "good luck" and "congrats"? xD I'm also just not 100% clear on exactly what would count as a "post that is contributing to the thread in other ways" and what would count as spam Rule 4 (no sales) I agree with most of this rule except for the "giving away free specials" part. the reason given for this rule is "it is poor sportspersonship to try to make a profit off of your teammates" if I'm reading it right but I don't really see how giving away free specials is considered that? The only thing i can think of is if a lot of people were doing that it might be spam, but it's not mentioned in the "no spam" rule Rule 6 (advertising) to me this rule reads as just adding an extra step? I don't really see why the raffle host wouldn't be able to advertise the raffle in the team thread, but I'm sure there's something I haven't considered ^^
Sorry if anything came off wrong, I'm not the best at phrasing things ^^; I really appreciate that the type race rules post exists now and I just like to understand the reasoning behind things!
Journal avatar: screenshot of toxtricity's ingame model edited by me
Cele's AvatarCele

QUOTE originally posted by Toxel

You have questions! Snipped post 'cause long tho.
Hi there! I'm glad to hear someone has taken the time to read those! It took me a hot minute to write, so I'm glad they've been helpful. I'm more than happy to help explain -- Spam: You've got the right of this one. Pages and pages of "good luck" and "congrats" are just pointless posts, SPAM by nature. By "contributing to the thread," I mean your run of the mill posts -- greeting and providing your mascots and even the inventory=typerace code, providing Pokerus notifications for each other, borrowing and lending pairs that match your team's type, or even passes. The usual stuff that helps the team function in the race and perform well. Sales: I get your point, and I can reword that if needed. Part of it is the sportspersonship, and part of it is that the giveaways don't contribute to people performing better in the race and get rather spammy. That said, depending on how the giveaways are done, they could even get way too close to being Contest or Raffle material, which requires approval through the Contest Applications forum. If people just want to give things away to teammates, though, PMs or the Trades forum are really the places for it. Advertising: It's not their thread to advertise in to begin with -- the discussion host should be given the agency to make that choice --, and the advertisement can drag the thread off-topic and make things more about the raffle than the race, especially if a host made their advertisement with a request for donations. People would then go about using the team's discussion thread to say "I've sent a donation" when this is not where that should be done. All in all, things have operated best under this policy in the interest of keeping each thing where it belongs. Please let me know if I can clear anything up further!
Toxel's AvatarToxel
thank you for explaining! It makes sense now :D
Myself20's AvatarMyself20
Hi~ While reviewing the Site Rules, I came across 2 rules that kinda "go against" each other. It would be helpful if someone could clear this up for me ^^ Let me quote:

QUOTE originally posted by Rule 3 Part C

The GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) is a European Union regulation that requires PokéFarm to keep accurate information on file. ...
and the other one:

QUOTE originally posted by Rule 10

PokéFarm is a website owned by a British company, and so all British laws apply. ...
If PFQ is a British site, then why do they have EU requirements?

I did a quick google search to clear this up a bit and this is what it said. I took a screenshot. So the UK does not use EU laws, but they a UK law instead.
I'm not from the UK (or even Europe at that), so I don't know much about the EU, and I'm extremely sorry if I'm wrong about this ^^;
Myself20
Myself20 is not my real name, it's my username; I honestly don't feel that comfortable putting my real name on here
• She/Her Trade Shop Hey! I'm Myself20! I'm just here to have a good time ❤
Eltafez's AvatarEltafez
Don't worry, I can understand your confusion as I had thought something similar after Brexit. ^^ Turns out that's not the case because UK companies still need to comply with the GDPR in order to do business with anyone in a country that's a member of the European Union. That's not to say that we didn't have these things already in place before the GDPR came into existence, but it does help to have something official/legal to reference from. :)
Myself20's AvatarMyself20

QUOTE originally posted by Eltafez

Don't worry, I can understand your confusion as I had thought something similar after Brexit. ^^ Turns out that's not the case because UK companies still need to comply with the GDPR in order to do business with anyone in a country that's a member of the European Union. That's not to say that we didn't have these things already in place before the GDPR came into existence, but it does help to have something official/legal to reference from. :)
Ah, I see. That makes a lot more sense now. Thank you :)

Pages: 123··· 152153154155

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2021 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | WikiGet shortlink for this page