PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Questions about Site Rules

Forum Index > Core > Help >

Pages: 123··· 107108109

Looker's AvatarLooker
As the title states, this thread if for asking questions about the rules. They're now longer and more in-depth, and as such there should be no reason for anyone to break them because "it wasn't in the rules." However, there may be parts that don't seem clear to you- so here's your chance to ask questions and the staff will do their best to clarify it for you (and update the rule to make it clearer, if possible). Please keep in mind that this thread is only for asking questions and getting clarification. This thread is not for debating whether or not a certain rule should be there. We're not going to remove any rules because you don't like them or because other sites don't have them- these rules are here for a reason and we would appreciate it if everybody followed them.
Irk's AvatarIrk
I have a question about "click begging". I understand that messaging people out of the blue and insisting they click your Pokemon is against the rules, but what about responding to people who say "PM me for a free mass click" in their logs? Does that not count as begging because it was requested, or would it be safer for me to not offer that? I prefer the PM system because then I know my mass clicking is going to people who wanted it and it lessens cases like "this person clicked me 300 and I clicked 6, do I owe them more or do they only have 6, darn it I keep forgetting and checking", but I don't know if that's all right now.
"Who ever heard of having a cat as a friend? ...actually, it's easier to have a cat as a friend. They don't understand what you say. That's why I won't get hurt." (Icon an official screencap from Osomatsu-san, owned by Studio Pierrot)
Garthic's AvatarGarthic
Offering clicks is different to begging for them. If someone messages you and asking you to click them, whether it's mass or just party clicks, then they are begging. If you offer someone clicks and they take you up on that offer, then there's no issue :)
GraceRadke's AvatarGraceRadke
I would like to change my username, and it says to contact a staff member or the support center. If I preferred PMing a staff member about this, which ones would I contact? I've seen the staff roster and I don't quite understand it. A little explaining would be nice.
VampyreWolf's AvatarVampyreWolf
i sorta have a question about the click begging aswell. usually when i get a message about it i let them know that its againt the rules and that others might report them so they should becareful does me telling them this count as mini modding even if its in PMs? or does it count as courtesy so they dont get in trouble? wanted to make sure
Avatar made by http://hiimtryingtounderfell.tumblr.com/
Blank Banshee's AvatarBlank Banshee

QUOTE originally posted by VampyreWolf

i sorta have a question about the click begging aswell. usually when i get a message about it i let them know that its againt the rules and that others might report them so they should becareful does me telling them this count as mini modding even if its in PMs? or does it count as courtesy so they dont get in trouble? wanted to make sure
This sounds very much like minimodding, to my eyes. You should be reporting them, not warning them. Just saying 'others might report you' does not fix the issue.

QUOTE originally posted by GraceRadke

I would like to change my username, and it says to contact a staff member or the support center. If I preferred PMing a staff member about this, which ones would I contact? I've seen the staff roster and I don't quite understand it. A little explaining would be nice.
I would say you really need to use the support center, but if you feel the burning need to PM a staff member, anyone would do. Out of curiosity, what is difficult to understand about the roster?
Art by Novan-Chan
Garthic's AvatarGarthic
In addition to what Ravyne said: @Grace, Any, really. Ultimately, a higher member of staff will have to 'ok' it, so long as your reason for wanting a name change is an acceptable one... But any member of staff can place the request for you. @Vampyre, honestly, you should be reporting them. It's nice that you tell people these things, but they are breaking rules by doing what they are doing, and all you're probably doing is perpetuating the cycle. If we want people to follow the rules, that means that people actually have to report rule-breakings. We really do rely on the community a great deal, but if push came to shove, we could always find easier ways to do these things. Honestly, if our trust in the community is misplaced, then we'd probably end up having to do some searches ourselves... Looking for prompt words or things like that. But people don't like their messages looked through. It's one potential fix amongst many - at the end of the day, we have a job to do and rules to enforce. As I said, we largely trust the community. If we can't trust the community, we'll just have to do things ourselves, and that would probably mean having to do things that people wouldn't like.
VampyreWolf's AvatarVampyreWolf
alright i understand. sorry. usually they say they wont do it again but your right. i wasnt aware that it was really mini modding. ill report next time. thanks for answering
candypeach's Avatarcandypeach
I know that advertising other sites isn't allowed, but would advertising for an RP group on DeviantArt fall under that? I'm not advertising for DA itself, but the group is DA-specific and you do need an account to join so I'm not 100% sure that it's kosher.
Screenshot from Final Fantasy XII
| Flight Rising | PF1
NixNight's AvatarNixNight
I wanted to check something. I know the no advertising thing now, and i've passed it on to my sister too now but we both wanted to ask something. i have an image in my sig, the little button that happens to be linked to my RP site as well as the party does, is that alright? The party is there to show off the handiwork of a spriter and the image is merely cute, i needed a place to put the link, but wasnt sure if it was ok
Avatar by Myde ~ PM me if you want a sprite!
Made by me

Pages: 123··· 107108109

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2018 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | WikiGet shortlink for this page