PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Player Reviews!

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 678910

Miss Reaper's AvatarMiss Reaper

QUOTE originally posted by Firestar

QUOTE originally posted by SnowRaven

why are so many people giving thumbs down to legitimate reviews??
I'd say it's probably because they're Karens. Watch rSlash to learn what Karens are, then you'll understand
Not very nice to insult people. Some people probably don't agree and therefore downvote, if you think it needs an upvote then do that =] people are allowed to have opinions
T h e P r i n c e s s S h o p Avatar Art by Lady-Penumbra. For me
Signature by CatEnergetic, with help from Wardove. Official GIF from Steven Universe!
Just to chime in on this, Princess Alexx is right. It's a poor show to say "People who downvote are "Karens" (My aunt is called "Karen" by the way, difference is, she's lovely) or to insult those people in general. There are some who will maliciously downvote, sure, but you can't say that all who downvote are 'Entitled and self-important' (just a few of the things that a "Karen" is, as Firestar intended it). If people disagree or think that a review is poor quality then they are entitled to downvote WITHOUT being insulted for doing it. As a general rule for people to keep in mind - If you're finding that a lot of people are issuing downvotes to a review you've written, but you think it was a well-written review, or that you have the "correct opinion"? ...Maybe you're wrong. And that's okay. What's not okay is insulting people, however, for showing their disagreement. So don't do it.
Hiding any reviews for any reason is bad. Yes some details may not help you but there are many people who don't like to go into detail on their reviews especially when there is fear of the mods and their friends white knighting a backlash against them. All reviews should be accounted for no matter how small because in the end it shouldn't be up to you to say which ones actually matter. That right there is like telling a user who cast an honest vote that they don't matter. Just because you decided it wasn't important enough. If you start getting lots ov bad votes then that is a time to step back and reivaluate yourself and how you run things. This includes not only the site itself but the mods you trust in running the site. One last thing, I want to point out in your logic. You said removing them doesn't change much but it does change it. Well if that little bit didn't matter then why remove things at all? There is no reason for you to logically remove any reviews other then the fact that you don't want bad ratings. Well hun that's life. You gotta take the good with the bad. That is how you grow, that is how you be an adult, and that is how life works. Making excuses for your mistakes instead of learning from them won't serve to get you anything good in the end. Adn as a mod you owe it to everyone on this site to step up and be that person.
Sprite is made by me for my use only! Character is my Pokesona!
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
Right... Because having over a hundred five-star reviews hidden by *user feedback* (not by any action on our part) is totally us trying to get rid of bad ratings...
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
nikao's Avatarnikao
@Twisted Princess Please don't take it bad what I write. I fully understand what you try to tell that every review should count..and I hope they do^^ But....Would you really read any and every review there is? Even when you have to read 20pages of good , bad , could better , alright do not like....or such again and again?? Then you are really good! I could not do this...I look for a moment then I jump to people who have to tell more, even when they write that they don't like some things or i do think in an other way... but they tell you what they do like too...and when it is only a little bit. With this I sometimes click click real fast through some pages and stay a little with others. And then play this game...when people who play it for a year or years only can write this and you are not sure if you want to really play this game?! When all reviews are not hidden ....all ...also the really bad ones full of hate ..like these that are just silly, mean, one or two words only , not true or such.....I don't think that would be good... Over the years you would get not 50+ but 350+ pages of good- very good , to one word and mean or just silly reviews one needs to read.....and tat not many want to do and just see the wall of "good" "bad" ..."all are nasty and want only your money" or such....it would be like in school when teacher would throw some words in and you need to find out what he wants from you.^^ But do you think a review of "its alright" "cudz be betherz" or "all the pepole lie here and ya have to pay for every thing and mods will be real mean when you do one little wrong thing"....it is like here when you get pm with"can have poke?"(you would not know what this person does want to tell you^^) ( not sure if someone did write this.. just something I read at some other place about a book or other game^^ ) tells you much about this game and the feelings about it? When 200-300people write something like this , and you have the click and read through many many many and many more page of this to find reviews that help you? At least some words more would be nice, a little more thought... a tiny bit more about why you like or dislike something and maybe gone one could dI it better ... and no friends should be white knighting something like this, as it will no attack against them?! Or would you write mean hurtful or painful things there?so a mod also should bit gave a problem with a at least little more though over review ...I think ^-^ A honest vote does always count ...even the bad ones.... i think...from what I did read here... But I think how can something tell honest about your feelings and thoughts when someone writes one or two words.....when you at new or want to be new to this game and read this, it will not really help you decide to really play this game....they need to go on and try to find under 100+ votes one who tells them a little more about how they think this game and people are..... I did this with an other and after 5pages I did give up on this one game then and did something else with my free time. The only thing one maybe wants to have a look into is, when the same persons maliciously downvotes always things that are not bad.... not sure if this could help? And bring those good or 5* reviews back for a second chance ?
🐾 Please support this suggestion from me^_^ support: show upvoted really as up-voted I do look for high or perfect iv poke,love for free or trade/swap...i do trade or swap for high iv poke or perfect pidove^^ with iv friends an friends i like to gift 5-6iv after hunts^_^ ->can trade s-a iv pidove, for zc-gp or credit .
Miss Reaper's AvatarMiss Reaper
Edit: Oof I'm pulling outta this. Not gonna argue with the administrator. Ignore me please.
selocon's Avatarselocon
They don't ignore them. Go look at the reviews. The one star reviews aren't just "hidden" for no reason. Honestly, with the exception of maybe 2 one star reviews, all the hidden ones are: one or two lines complaining about the "paywall", complaining about old staff, spam, or the only other one is someone complaining about lag. I'm sorry, but I don't see how any of those are someone who "can't express" their dislike. The two "spam" ones, one is real spam, the other is spanish. No one said that you can't express your dislike for the game. The reviews are hidden by the playerbase on whether or not it's helpful, hopefully not on whether or not we agree with your views. Plus, there's very clearly a "show" button right there so you can actually read the review anyway. It's just hidden so that you don't see a "15" next to a number when 10 of those are spam (example, not official numbers) which would skew the numbers. Would you rather a site have 8 reviews of every rating, and 30 of one star reviews, only to find out that 25 of those one star reviews were spammy ones?
Avatar by the best lizard ever, Bananalizard #standwithEMS #ELM
Score: 0
nikao's Avatarnikao
Not sure... but are it not only these with out a star and many negativ that are taken into hidden placè? atleast i did think it was like this? sorry whn im wrong^//^ ...and for those, who have trouble forming so many words, or telling how they feel about something, maybe something like already made up things they can choose from that they like to say that is placed in the Review of them when they click it....like 1 or maybe even up to7 things they can choose?! then they can write what they can or when they cant then only the things they did choose from,, and add something that they cant write out on there own.... Also when maybe it is sorted bevor being taken down, because of bad feedback, when in some cases some did try to be "funny" and made a good or alright review to be taken down as bad, so that mod can have the last word if taken down for real or not...?
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
@Princess Alexx You seem to be under the impression that it's just one-star reviews that are hidden. This is not the case. Reviews are hidden, regardless of rating, but purely depending on whether an overwhelming majority (80%!!) of up-/downvotes are in the downwards direction. And, again, we the staff have nothing to do with it. "Some people have mental illness" -- yeah I'm just going to stop you right there. Do NOT use hypothetical other people who may or may not have mental illnesses as a defence for your poor argument. That is an egregious and utterly disrespectful example of white-knighting and has no place in a proper discussion. By all means, if you have a mental illness that somehow renders you incapable of taking the quite literally unlimited amount of time you have to choose the words for a review, then by all means I'll hear about your issues. But do NOT under any circumstances* pretend to know what other people with issues may or may not go through. * Unless you are a professional psychiatrist or similar researcher with extensive experience. ** ETA
Edit to add
Side-note: I myself have Asperger's. While I certainly appreciate people being understanding of it, I don't want nor need them to speak for me on related issues - I'd prefer to do that myself rather than have that opportunity be taken away by a well-meaning but able-minded stranger. Of course in the case of mental illnesses that prevent speaking out (eg. anxiety), the best person to speak for them is their parent/guardian/carer, not some random person on the Internet, if that all makes sense. I do want to apologise if this seems harsh, but this is why I'm so strongly opinionated against what was done. If this were done to me, I wouldn't appreciate it because you would have taken my voice from me - well-intentioned as it may be. If I wanted someone to speak on my behalf, I would ask someone I trust to help me. (Hi Garthic) ** Just to be absolutely clear: the hiding of heavily down-voted is done to limit the impact of spammy, incoherent, or just downright unhelpful reviews. This applies just as much to the kind of reviews selocon brought up, as it does to the five-star "awesome!!!!!!!!!!!" reviews as these are quite simply not helpful to us (knowing what we're doing right/wrong so we can improve), or to potential users reading reviews to decide if they want to join. That is why we have voting.
Honestly I think that if you are going to put fourth effort into running a site then that means you take every hardship that comes with it including reviews. All that should be understood when you took up the role as administrator. What I am saying is that regardless of who wrote the review or how long they are they should matter and not be taken down for any reason regardless of if they are read or not. It is still a review. It's still someones opinion, and when you as an administrator tell people that their review counts then proceed to say you delete that which you don't feel was necessary tells all the users that their is a chance their say in won't matter. This only makes you look bad in the eyes of the public, and as someone in charge of the site you need to be open to all views in a professional and welcoming manner. That's the candle that comes with this job. If you can't handle that then maybe you should concider passing on the torch to someone that can. Because right now it really doesn't feel like our voices can be heard. It feels like most of what is done on your part is ridicule and that shouldn't be the case. (I do want to say that this doesn't apply to all the mods. I have met some nice and proffessional mods on the team.)

Pages: 123··· 678910

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page