PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Sprite Discovery

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion >

Pages: 123··· 567568569

TuneSakuNatsu's AvatarTuneSakuNatsu
Hello fellow Pokefarmer! I had a Sprite Guide of Shiny, Albino and Melanistic Pokemons, with huge tables full of the sprites. Although it's been deleted
because it crashed page-speed testers O.O
, the PFQ wiki has the sprites from there. It has one problem though - my thread functioned as a newsfeed to the farmers as well: we could see which melan sprites was discovered, or how does the new MCW megas looked like. But fear not! I came back to make this thread to fill the loss of this 'newsfeed'! How would this work? Every Monday
I'll try my best to update every mondays, I swear to Arceus... Or my beloved Torchics!
I'll update this first post with the last weeks findings. There will be 3 tabs along with it with the last 3 weeks findings to not crash a page-speed tester again XD So there will be just altogheter 4 updates in this post, and I'll always delete the older ones.
Due to massive stress and anxiety in my life right now, I won't update this first post until further notice. All new discoveries are to be added directly to the Wiki itself and you always can see them on the last pages of the thread! Sorry for any inconvenience! But I'd like to ask you a favour: I can't do this by myself as I couldn't do the sprite guide, so please, if you find any new sprites that is not in the last few pages, post it here~ <3 Thank you very much, I really appreciate it! Please, do not spam! Everything which is not posting a sprite is considered spam, so please avoid it for the sake of the thread! Thank you~ <3 If you have comments or want to share your impressions with the sprite, please go here~ Also... Some Rules, because we need them. #Rule 1; Please allow 24 hours for the owner/hatcher of the melan/albino/shiny/normal to post the sprite. If they don’t post the sprite in 24 hours, feel free to post it. #Rule 2; Do NOT edit PFQ sprites (Gen 6+, Megas, and fakemon) to show off an example for your idea of colors without asking for permission first! To request permission to edit a sprite, please go here! Notes:
  • I would like to include the new pokemons - fakemons and PFQ megas - normal sprites as well
  • There is a list at the end of this post with the missing sprites' name. Please help me find them and post them to help the Wiki Editors' work~
  • Do you have the first Melan (or shiny, albino) <insert pokemon name here> or know something who has it? Please, visit Elta's wiki firsts page and submit it, if you can~
  • You have hatched a female melan and there is a gender difference? Don't worry, you can grab the male sprite from the PokéDex!

How to grab the sprite's URL

Zeroth step: find a missing sprite If you have found one, where is the pokemon? Is it in someone's party? The easiest way, if the pokemon is on someone's field, because you need to just right click it and copy the image's url. If the pokemon in someone's party or you are in the pokemon's page, there are different methods to grab it from each browser.
  • For Google Chrome: Right click the sprite, choose inspect and then copy the image from there.
  • For Firefox: Right click on it, then "View background image". You can now grab the url from there.
(Please PM me, if you are using another bowser and you know how to get the url! Thanks~ <3) Once you have got the url, you can put it in [*img] tags ([*img]url[*/img] - without the *) But fear not, if you are on phone or can't grab it or any other reason, and you are the first one who have spotted the sprite or you are the one who hatched the special pokemon, you can always copy just the pokemon's summary and we will grab the picture from there. Thank you for the help~ <3

Miniguide to uploading and labeling missing sprites to the Wiki

QUOTE originally posted by Kodiak

When uploading an image, there is a large box below it for information to be entered, note that it isn't the bar that says 'Summary' next to it. Which is where the categories can be added! Each region has three different Categories: Category:[Region] Shiny Pokémon (Images) Category:[Region] Albino Pokémon (Images) Category:[Region] Melanistic Pokémon (Images) So, for example: Category:Alola Shiny Pokémon (Images) Category:Alola Albino Pokémon (Images) Category:Alola Melanistic Pokémon (Images) In order for them to work, double brackets must be added on both ends of it, so it looks like: [[Category:Alola Albino Pokémon (Images)]] Then click 'Submit' and everything is done! :)
Also, here is a big shoutout, to everyone, who have helped in some way making the original Guide, editing the Wiki or helping there. You are all awesome and a great help, thank you~ <3
Avatar is made by HotTubz ordered here. Collecting (mostly) missing and special deltas + deltas for Trebor! Pm me, please~ <3 ~*~*~¤~*~*~
Don't want to fall behind with the new sprites? Sprite discovery thread~ and you can discuss them in the Sprite Discovery Discussion~
Little update: After some sleep I've realized that I missed the shiny and albino Incineroars, so I added them, and I've got a heads up that the shiny Magquaza sprite is a reallllly old sprite (from PF1, I guess), so I removed it from there~ Added the normal Bafflamet~ /Today is Monday, I can update XD/
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
The Wiki does have a "news feed". It's called the "recent changes" page ;)
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Sure, but it's not sprite specific :D
Wardove's AvatarWardove

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

The Wiki does have a "news feed". It's called the "recent changes" page ;)
I like how it shows up as a notification as well :) I forget a lot of the time that the wiki is there, and I liked seeing the posts of people proud to show off their newest sprites :)
It's best to assume I just don't exist anymore oop. I'm very active on FR (Wardove #360598), and I'm also down for a hello on Discord (Wardove #1455) If you have one of the templates I made once upon a time and either want to shout out or talk code, Discord will get you a quick response. avatar drawn by Raske on FR!
You seem to be missing the point of why the guide was deleted in favour of the Wiki. Having as many images as it did crashed browsers. This is why the Wiki has separate pages for each region, to keep the number of images on a single page to a large but still reasonable number. You're setting yourself up for another browser-crashing page of disappointment. Note that having them in separate posts won't help since they're on the same page, so you would need a separate thread for each region but at that point... Just use the Wiki :D
Obstagoon's AvatarObstagoon
Would it work if they removed old images and replaced them with the new ones every so often, as to not get a lot of images on the scale of before? I heavily prefer something like this to the wiki.
Avatar is of my Pokesona and Crazy's pokesona 🦡Ryu - Julian is thy name, 23 earth rotations🦡
I suppose that could work, provided links to the Wiki are added. Kind of like a "here's the new ones, check out the [Wiki] for more"...
Niet, as I said it in the post, I want to update this weekly, and after the forth week I'll delete the oldest one. So there will be altogether just 4 updates, just 4 weeks of sprites for safety, to not to crush page-testers. Why do you have to be so... mean? When I am trying to help the community and doing everything to manage it...? When there is a need for something like this...? So that was the plan all along what you have written in you last post...
That was not made clear in the way you worded your post, so I apologise for the misunderstanding there. That said, is it mean to want a site that actually works for everyone?

Pages: 123··· 567568569

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page