PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

question about free bbcode templates

Forum Index > Core > Help >

circuscrime's Avatarcircuscrime
champion.png
hello! forgive me if this is not the right place to put this, i just think it wouldn't be appropriate to put in the "other art" section since it's a question. this isn't a question regarding game mechanics, but just something i'm curious about. i am in no way a coder/bbcode expert or anything, so i'm sorry if this question is insensitive to those who are, but why don't some people allow you to edit their f2u profile/forum/shop templates? i'm talking about simple changes such as changing the background color/image or switching a little sprite to a different sprite. i don't see any issue with small changes like this as long as you leave in the credit for the original coder, and as long as you have permission to use your own images. is it just a safety measure to prevent a loophole that i'm unaware about? or is it simply personal preference?
credit
Background by kawart/tumblr F2U code by Gumshoe Tiny Buttons
Mio Xenoblade's Avatarhypermode-12.pngMio Xenoblade
hypermode.pngcomplete.pnga+.png
it's personal preference. i am a coder, and initially i had a rule against editing my templates for the simple reason that i was worried about things in my code getting messed up, and being unable to fix things! however further into having my ftu template thread up, i realised i didn't care that much actually lol. if someone wants to edit my code i'll let them as long as credit is given. its also the idea of "if its free, you should just take what you're given" in a sense, but i don't follow that logic. it could also be the risk of people taking large sections of code and using it to profit. i have a rule against this specifically in my thread for obvious reasons! all i'll say is respect people's wishes, people have their codes listed as un-editable for a reason, don't go against what they want!
juno
mio is fine too!
| adult | any pronouns | pfq's otter hoarder
f2u codecode shoptrade shopjournal
art by me for my use only!
circuscrime's Avatarcircuscrime
champion.png

QUOTE originally posted by Mio Xenoblade

all i'll say is respect people's wishes, people have their codes listed as un-editable for a reason, don't go against what they want!
of course of course, i wasn't planning on disrespecting anyone's wishes lol, i was just asking because i didn't know why some coders implemented the rule
Mio Xenoblade's Avatarhypermode-12.pngMio Xenoblade
hypermode.pngcomplete.pnga+.png
oh yeah i know that i just meant as a general aside cx but yeah i get why you'd wonder! i did for a while too qwq

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page