PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Comic Notifications

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Under Consideration >

Pages: 123

Obstagoon's AvatarObstagoon
I'm on mobile so I can't go into much detail, but that should be okay. Basically im suggesting adding notifications for comics. Currently you have to check if someone commented on your comic and I don't really check the comic pages often and I like to be quick to replying to people when I can. Positives: Know when people reply to your comic Negatives: If you're popular you could get many comments Reason to consider: Easier on the user if they dont update or check their comic often. This would only apply to your own comic or if someone replies to your comment. Edit: it could work like a thread if multiple people comment, like "Blank, blank, and 2 others replied to your comic [comic title here]" to make it easier on sally and if you get a lot of comments
Avatar is of my Pokesona and Crazy's pokesona 🦡Ryu - Julian is thy name, 23 earth rotations🦡
Kodiyak's AvatarKodiyak
I support this! As a person who is thinking about making a comic, eventually, this would be greatly helpful. It would also allow the creator of the comic to interact more with the readers. ^w^ The negative that you stated isn't much of a problem (in my eyes at least), you can get many posts on your Trade Thread/RP/etc. Think of how many times popular threads get posted on!

QUOTE originally posted by Kodiak

The negative that you stated isn't much of a problem (in my eyes at least), you can get many posts on your Trade Thread/RP/etc. Think of how many times popular threads get posted on!
That's actually why I added the edit, because I thought about my negative and found an easy solution
PlasmaStorm's AvatarPlasmaStorm
Support I have a comic and I find it a hassle to constantly check on my comic for comments and stuff. I can see no downside except the for amount of comments that may flood your notifications.
'You are too late, I'm afraid. This flower's already dead'
Pokesonas Karyuu Yurui Comic Avatar is drawn by Tsuzera and used with permission
c r e d i t
Reshiram sprite is official. Coding and template is by TheFabuTor for free use
Zerø's AvatarZerø
I support this too. It'd be especially good for new readers who are reading through older pages that the creator doesn't check. Perhaps an option to disable notifications could be added? I could see this become slightly tedious for creators who have comics with 70+ pages. I still think this feature should be added though. The notification could be displayed as 'There new are posts on your comic' with a link to the comic page that's been commented on, that way it doesn't matter how many have commented on said page, as the notification won't need to take it into account. Does this make sense? I'm having trouble wording what I'm seeing in my head.
  • Featured PKMN
  • Site Events
  • Links etc.
Lv. 50 — 1,556 / 7,651
Aspear EggAspear Egg
Aspear Egg (SOUR)
Cheri EggCheri Egg
Cheri Egg (SPICY)
Chesto EggChesto Egg
Chesto Egg (DRY)
Pecha EggPecha Egg
Pecha Egg (SWEET)
Rawst EggRawst Egg
Rawst Egg (BITTER)
BugFlying
Happiness 27%
Hasty nature
226 x 5 × 2933 Current Chain: 0/1
Artwork made by Cabbaccino.
Check out my trade Shop, I'm buying Shiny Pokémon for my Shiny Living dex! My first field has free Pokémon, just drop me a PM with who you want!
Stowaway's AvatarStowaway
Support! To add on to Zero's suggestion, if multiple pages have been commented on, bring up a sort of home page showing all the pages of your comic. (I haven't made a comic yet, so I don't know how it works yet.) Each page with new comments would have a little icon next to them, showing that there's new comments.
I have pokemon to give and sell. Check my fields!

QUOTE originally posted by Stowaway

Support! To add on to Zero's suggestion, if multiple pages have been commented on, bring up a sort of home page showing all the pages of your comic. (I haven't made a comic yet, so I don't know how it works yet.) Each page with new comments would have a little icon next to them, showing that there's new comments.
On the comics page there is a dropdown list, perhaps for the creator of the comic a little notification shows. But I don't know if that is possible to add as i've never seen a website do it.
Zerø's AvatarZerø
Maybe a comic overview page could be added for each comic a user has created? Where it displays each comic page as a thumbnail of sorts in table formation. If there are new comments on that page, the background will be different to highlight comments have been made.

I made a doodle to try illustrate this better.

Does this look like it could work? It could also be a place to add the option to edit and delete pages. I know that's also been something that's been suggested previously.
siamece's Avatarsiamece
definitely support! this sounds like a great idea honestly. i don't like the way the comics are set up right now, because when on your own comic, it hardly even seems to be yours? all of the options that you get looking at another person's comic are still there, but no extra options. getting notifications for comments would definitely make the comic feel more like your own!
Bump c: still interested in opinions on this

Pages: 123

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page