PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

General Feedback thread

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion >

Pages: 123··· 201202203204205206207208

Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
Just a quick note about the above story (EDIT: of course when I post it starts a new page so it's not "above" any more... XD) -- it wasn't specifically about you - there were quite a lot of people, which is what led me to make the Trainer Card comment in the first place, and then further prompted me to joke about it in the Memes thread. While I did use your specific PM as an example of the PMs I got, yours was far from the only one that asked me such questions. I didn't intend to single you out and I'm sorry if I caused upset. I just found it funny and wanted to share. There was no ill intent, I'm sorry if the joke missed its mark.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

Just a quick note about the above story (EDIT: of course when I post it starts a new page so it's not "above" any more... XD) -- it wasn't specifically about you - there were quite a lot of people, which is what led me to make the Trainer Card comment in the first place, and then further prompted me to joke about it in the Memes thread. While I did use your specific PM as an example of the PMs I got, yours was far from the only one that asked me such questions. I didn't intend to single you out and I'm sorry if I caused upset. I just found it funny and wanted to share. There was no ill intent, I'm sorry if the joke missed its mark.
Back then, I think it upset me a little. I've shrugged it off, though. The only thing that really embarassed me was how I reacted to said meme. Looking at old posts can really be weird, even if it was only 3-4 months. |Note - Yes, I edited my posts because I was embarrassed by them.|
| GIF is of Ralsei from Deltarune (Toby Fox). |
Glad to hear that the old "tragedy + time = comedy" thing has applied here too :) Sorry again for the situation happening in the first place, but I'm pleased that it's all water under the bridge now.
it woukd be nice it there was a mass evolve option for fields snd stuff
yyr twig's Avataryyr twig
i luv pokefarm🙂very fun.
PFP made by riptides (on pokefarm)
britt's Avatarbritt
Instead of me whining in the Discord, I'd rather just talk about my opinion here. When I first joined, I was under the impression that shinies would be easiest, as they were canon, everyone knew them, etc. Albinos were happy surprises, came every now and then. Melans were the big boys you hunted for weeks-months-years for to get your perfect little pokemon. It was nice, gave little me things to work towards as shiny -> albino -> melan, generally. I just feel like the shiny rate change is throwing into more of a albino -> shiny -> melan order price wise, and just game wise in general. I joined firstly to be able to hatch my favorite shinies, with the others being happy upgrades? to my favorite pokemon. Shiny radar was easiest to get, then the albino radar acquired after interacting a bunch (I was blind and forgot I could just get one on the market, lol). It was nice because you'd generally get at least one shiny between egg 40-100 (unless you were super lucky, or super unlucky), and HM, shiny charm, and uber charm just heightened that chance/gave the possibility for more. Maybe it's just RNG really hating me for my last few quick hunts for my living shiny dex, but hatching 300+ eggs with no shiny is just disappointing with all boosts. I can't even get enough things to possibly give out as raffle prizes, or give to new players as a welcome to the site. A low albino rate is fine, like 4/300 is what i expect. But no shinies? It's just depressing and im just :( I'm just trying to not complain, just explaining why I'm just a bit irritated/upset with something that I felt should be easiest for new players? I'm happy for the albino boost, and the fact it could lead to more melans, and also the fact this was probably done to try to save the market from crashing but h. edit: to support my cause "They are rarer than Shiny Pokémon, making them much more valuable." is directly from the albino page ;-;
britt • they/them • ponyta enthusiast x0
cosmyn's Avatarcosmyn

QUOTE originally posted by brïtt

Instead of me whining in the Discord, I'd rather just talk about my opinion here. When I first joined, I was under the impression that shinies would be easiest, as they were canon, everyone knew them, etc. Albinos were happy surprises, came every now and then. Melans were the big boys you hunted for weeks-months-years for to get your perfect little pokemon. It was nice, gave little me things to work towards as shiny -> albino -> melan, generally. I just feel like the shiny rate change is throwing into more of a albino -> shiny -> melan order price wise, and just game wise in general. I joined firstly to be able to hatch my favorite shinies, with the others being happy upgrades? to my favorite pokemon. Shiny radar was easiest to get, then the albino radar acquired after interacting a bunch (I was blind and forgot I could just get one on the market, lol). It was nice because you'd generally get at least one shiny between egg 40-100 (unless you were super lucky, or super unlucky), and HM, shiny charm, and uber charm just heightened that chance/gave the possibility for more. Maybe it's just RNG really hating me for my last few quick hunts for my living shiny dex, but hatching 300+ eggs with no shiny is just disappointing with all boosts. I can't even get enough things to possibly give out as raffle prizes, or give to new players as a welcome to the site. A low albino rate is fine, like 4/300 is what i expect. But no shinies? It's just depressing and im just :( I'm just trying to not complain, just explaining why I'm just a bit irritated/upset with something that I felt should be easiest for new players? I'm happy for the albino boost, and the fact it could lead to more melans, and also the fact this was probably done to try to save the market from crashing but h. edit: to support my cause "They are rarer than Shiny Pokémon, making them much more valuable." is directly from the albino page ;-;
this. this is exactly how i feel. my friend has gone through around 300 hatches, no hypermode, only got one albino. another friend, in the 500! range, been hunting for months bc she only has time for a party or two a day? not a single special. it’s kind of ridiculous, considering albinos are meant to be rarer.
  • about
  • hunt details
  • credits
cosmyn || he / him my shop! / collecting all summons
not buying
selling characters
electric gem / shinx 5a / 2s x15 / x5 / x0
Glaciersong's AvatarGlaciersong

QUOTE originally posted by brïtt

I feel the same way about the rate, but for different reasons. I joined this game to collect canon Pokemon - while I like the albinos and fakemon which are beautifully designed, I want to collect things from the official franchise. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the albino chance greater than the shiny chance right now? It doesn't really make sense to me that something fanmade would be more common than something that is canon.
Lovely Soup

Lovely Soup

Consumable

(: 0)

A special bowl of soup, made with love! Feed to a Pokémon to boost Happiness by 50.

Sells for 1

Lv. 100 — +9,337,987
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Ice
Happiness MAX
Hasty nature
Willowfire's AvatarWillowfire
This is all speculative, but I think the underabundance of shinies nowadays is due to how they were essentially worthless a while back. For context, I just recently came back from a hiatus that lasted over half a year. When I left the site, shinies were RIDICULOUSLY common. They were thrown around and given out, and if I remember correctly, only cost about 5k credits. (The average might have been more or less, it was a long time ago so I don't remember the exact details.) The complaints back then were the exact opposite: There were too many shinies. So the staff acted accordingly. The delta trade-in was introduced and I believe the pokeradar+ was removed(looks like I had the wrong idea here, the average shiny rate should have increased, not decreased.) and possibly some other updates I missed. From there, the shiny rate apparently just kept decreasing edit: Either rng hates some people or z-crystals had a huge impact on the albino rate.
I have gone and looked at some actual numbers. And I can kinda see what you are referring to. However I have identified two points: 1. Albinos are more accessible, especially to free-to-play users. Which is most of you. There are a lot more people hunting Albinos than Shinies, and this inevitably skews the numbers. This is a problem that has been around for a while, but it's basically impossible to fix because the Shiny boosts have been around since the start and Albinos were only added to the game later. This is something that will be addressed in the Reboot, but it's difficult to change here. 2. When hunting with max boosts, Albinos are still rarer than Shinies. But not by much. It's only about 8% difference if you're using Z-Crystals as well. With chances being close like that, it's very easy to get a run of Albinos and convince yourself that it's the wrong way around. So as far as I can tell, things are working as best they can at this point.

Pages: 123··· 201202203204205206207208

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page