PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

General Feedback thread

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion >

Pages: 123··· 198199200201202··· 206207208

Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
Just a quick note, anomites, your profile and all of your Pokémon and eggs are all "referral links" in that your name will automatically be filled in at registration if someone arrived via your stuff.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
eura's Avatareura

QUOTE originally posted by anomites

3. I kind of wish that here (or in pokéwiki) could be a way or place to suggest things added to pokéwiki or guides I wish other players could make. I have been using mostly pokéwiki, guides and help forum to figure out everything and sometimes I later on find out some stuff and wish that someone could add it in to pokéwiki for future newbies but I'm still so new that there is a huge risk that if I would write it myself I might get something wrong and when at some point I'm actually familiar enough to educate other people about this game I might have forgotten all my newbie questions and thoughts.
I'd like to add that we do have a Wiki discussion thread, where you can suggest things to be added or revised! The Wiki's not perfect, and it'd be great to know what can be changed to make it more user-friendly from the perspective of a new player.
Diredevil's AvatarDiredevil
Dunno if it's been suggested yet, but having a link to the Type Race user made threads on like the type race page where they can see their score? Obviously just to the Hub and not the thread they're a part of, but idk, might help the newer users who don't know there is a type race thread for their team?
Avatar is a hasty Giratina drawn as a gift! Permission granted by the amazing Capuru!
20/5000
3/5000
56/5000

QUOTE originally posted by Diredevil

Dunno if it's been suggested yet, but having a link to the Type Race user made threads on like the type race page where they can see their score? Obviously just to the Hub and not the thread they're a part of, but idk, might help the newer users who don't know there is a type race thread for their team?
Done! Will also be on my Trainer Card, About Me, and Signature!

Current Type Race Score: 0

Even if I'm offline for an extended period of time, that does not mean I lose intrest.
70% of the world thinks Warrior Cats is stupid. 25% say: "Who cares?". Repost if you are part of that 5% that would take a hard cover copy of Warrior Cats and slap the other people saying: "STARCLAN IS OUT FOR REVENGE!”
Avatar is by me Please visit the Vivillon Breeders' Directory to see which users hatch which Vivillon Pattern, or the Maravol Breeders' Directory for the Maravol patterns. Consider joining the Mythbusters PFQ Division! My Hero Academia: Wider World is looking for peospective students!

QUOTE originally posted by AuracleOfBacon

Done! Will also be on my Trainer Card, About Me, and Signature!
Nicely set up and all, but I meant like on This Page for the folks who either don't know you, or don't normally go into the forums.
Niall's AvatarNiall
I interpreted that as adding a link to /forum/107 TO /typerace so that new users don't need to scroll down /forum, I think AoB's thread is a diferent idea than what they were thinking of. Is that what you meant?

QUOTE originally posted by Niall

I interpreted that as adding a link to /forum/107 TO /typerace so that new users don't need to scroll down /forum, I think AoB's thread is a diferent idea than what they were thinking of. Is that what you meant?
Thanks for putting it into words properly~
Voltr's AvatarVoltr
I like the new top menu design. It works great on PC. On mobile however... It looks odd and unfinished. When it first changed I thought my internet connection was faulty and made the page load incorrectly. I do really like the change because it looks way better on PC, but maybe something could be done for mobile (it's still functioning properly, just aesthetics)
Avatar made by Yukirona Check out my trade shop Galvanic Infernos!
110/500
438/500
461/500
316/500
2/500
Reshiram's AvatarReshiram
Regarding the new melanistic sprites for Johto. Someone needs a wake-up slap! Just as the albino pokémon were 'washed-out', faded colours, now most of the new melanistic Johto sprites are 'blacked-out' and dull colours. They were too neon before, but now, too dark. You need to find the balance between outstanding bright colour and just nothing but bland shady colours. Go to the wiki page. Looking at the melan column, scroll down and stop at different locations. Notice which sprite draws your attention out of the melans. *pause* Yep, it's the ones like the Cyndaquil line, ledian, sudowoodo, weavile, that you notice the most. The rest only contrast with each other minorly. Look at all of the columns. The shinys draw more attention than the albinos and melans, because they're more vibrant and interesting. The albinos are good overall, except for those that are literally a faded version of the original colours. Look at the trio, Raikou, Entei, Suicune. If only I had screenshotted the previous sprites that you could compare them!

Notice how the shiny trio really stand out from each other and the surrounding pokémon. A lot of care was put into making them look really good while complementing each other. They stand out from the more normal larvitar and miltank. However, the albino Raikou really is a washed-out of the original colours. The Entei is cool and the Suicune is good. The other albino Raikou was a lot more interesting than it is now. (Ruing the lack of an image to use) But even so, the shiny and albino sprites are a lot more attention-worthy than the melanistics. In summary, melanistics are the special-of-the-special pokémon, and as such they should look the most amazing. In fact, the melanistic pokémon there do look amazing. So I think that what I really want to say is, the legendary trio and lugia should be a bit more engaging than an insipid red for stormclouds with grey fur instead of white and the same uncontrasting stripes. I know melanistic animals have the dark pigment, but melanism doesn't affect claws, eyes, teeth, legs, and beaks the same way it does fur and hair. Instead of focusing on overall darkened colours, I would use a grey, black or dark red/green/purple as a base, then add much lighter or vibrant colours to have that interest and contrast. Again, balance between neon and blackened. Just my thoughts, maybe it will help when designing melans, I don't know, but do what you will.
Avatar Credit: Made by Dragonshifter, Permission granted
The Ultimate EXP Boost!
A Hypermode user who has activated a Super Lucky Egg on a x3 Niet day who has Pokérus, hatching a Pokémon whose type matches the V~Wave and their Wishalloy badge... and it's their birthday!
Selena5000's AvatarSelena5000
@Reshiram Uh... sorry, but saying someone needs a "wake up slap" doesn't sound very polite to me ^^" And personally, I prefer darker pokemon to brighter ones. So in the pictures you just showed, the pokemon that drew my attention the most was melan suicune. These kind of things are really subjective...
Current avatar was made for my use by Midnight Blaze

Pages: 123··· 198199200201202··· 206207208

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page