PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Thank you...Pumpkaboo [Warning: Depressing] -One-Shot-

Forum Index > Pokémon > Pokémon FF > Completed Pkmn FF >

Pages: 123

Yukiko Shi's AvatarYukiko Shi
Before you read this, please take into consideration that this Pokémon FF is a dark, depressing read. It doesn't go into much detail but it can stir the emotions. If you feel like you can handle a story like this, then feel free to read. If not, click off this one-shot. Thank you. Y.Shi ~~~~~~~~~~ Thank you...Pumpkaboo At the age of 5, you found her. The small sized Pumpkaboo who's your friend. The same Pumpkaboo which was hunted by all trainers because she had a purple pumpkin bottom and a black top, the little white fangs never looked threatening to you while it's glowing yellow eyes held the happiness and recognition when you walked into the tall grass. You remembered when you first saw the Pumpkaboo, when you told your parents you were scolded. "You know how dangerous wild Pokémon are," your mother told you countless times but you never really listened to her. That one Pumpkaboo prevented you from following what your mother told you. That's where you were now, sitting in front of the Pumpkaboo, watching it happily munch on the Poké Puff which you brought with you. You smiled happily as she ate your Poké Puff. The chocolate Poké Puff seemed to be the Pumpkaboo's favourite flavour, but she's happy to eat any Puff you gave her. "Pumpkaboo~" She cried out happily as she smiled, you giggles before you gently crushed away the crumbs around her mouth. She showed her gratitude by gently licking your hand. "Hehe, I hope we can be friends forever," You said as you gently stroked the Pumpkaboo. The Pokémon was your best friend, you weren't going to let anyone capture her, she was your friend and you weren't ready to give her up. That's what you wanted...But fate didn't allow that to happen. ~3 Years Later~ You lay in hospital, your parents were gently holding onto your hand as your life was slipping from your body. The incident from some members of Team Flare put you in hospital, the doctors tried everything they could to help you through the incident. You often heard your parents crying by your side. Saying that they love you and won't give up trying to help you through this. Team Flare was the reason you were in the condition that you were, it all happened in a blink of an eye, you were playing with the friendly Pumpkaboo as you did everyday. While playing, they came. The members in red can running your way, you believed they were after the Pumpkaboo, the purple based Pumpkaboo who was your friend since you were five. Team Flare were battling another trainer who opposed them, while you and Pumpkaboo were happily playing in the tall grass, the Houndour's Flamethrower came straight towards you while your back was turned. The flames had caused third degree burns on your body. Remembering what happened had caused tears to form in your eyes, you still felt the pain on your body from the burns. The burns were too server for the doctors to handle. They couldn't save you. You couldn't remain friends with that special Pumpkaboo, that made the tears fall. The mixture of your life coming to an end as well as the fact that you couldn't keep your promise to the Pumpkaboo too, that caused them to fall. The sweet Pumpkaboo who you spent three years with...wouldn't know that you had passed on. She'll get captured by a trainer...she'll make better friends...friends who really would stay by her side. Who wouldn't abandon her, she'll grow up to be a strong Pumpkaboo or even evolve into a Gourgeist. "We know...you don't...have long left..." Your mother sobbed by your side, you turned to look at her. You noticed that in one of her hands held a cherish ball. They were only given out to Pokémon Trainers receiving Pokémon as a reward or if you're lucky to find someone who was going to sell that type of Pokéball, they go for a very high price. "Don't remind...me," you cried softly. "I know, but we know...you've been...in route 16...we found your friend..." your mother continued. You wanted her to spit it out. Your mother gently tapped the button on the cherish ball and it opened up. Your eyes widened as a form of white light took shape in the room, a sparkle emitted from the figure as the light started to fade. "Pumpkaboo?" You asked as your best friend came out the ball. You looked back at your parents who were smiling. "Pump Pumpka~" Your best friend cried out happy to see you, the beaming eyes of the Pokémon made you smile. Your best friend was here, that's what you wanted. "I'm sorry..." You apologised to the Pumpkaboo. "Pumpka?" "I can't...stay your...friend," your voice was growing weaker and weaker. "Pumpkaboo, it is said to carry wandering spirits to the place where they belong so they can move on," your father told you. You felt like it was true, when you met that Pumpkaboo you felt better. Having someone there who could play with you, who made you laugh, who was there when you just wanted to talk. Pumpkaboo was there ever since you found her. You were alone before, now you made friends with the Pumpkaboo. "Thank...you...all of...you," you spoke softly. Your eyes dropped, a smile on your face seeing your friend for the last time. You gave your last breath, a tear fell.
Glitch Kuro Ditto artwork by myself.
All Saints's AvatarAll Saints
Wow... This is just so emotional and beautiful. I love it :)
Antigone ☁️ He/Him ☁️ Skinny Legend
meleva's Avatarmeleva
Aww good job! I almost started to cry, seriously :)!
Eclipsehawk's AvatarEclipsehawk
Good job! (I don't cry XD)
Journal
Message me
Art Shop
Shiny Hunt/Trades Shop
Credit
Masterluke456's AvatarMasterluke456
*sniff.....sniff* AWww great story! Its just really *sniff* emotional....
Very emotional...if I saw that like a movie, or it had lots of description, I would of cried...honestly.
Jass's AvatarJass
Hmmm...I honestly didn't think its very emotional...I disliked the character that's dying and wanted her/him to die (which he/she did). Still, its a short story, so I guess character development isn't very plentiful in them, therefore not making me very attached to them. Good job though. I hope I can read the next story and feel sad when one of the characters die!~ ;)
The avatar is made by me, btw. :P Join Sylestia Today!
Pinkpiplup72's AvatarPinkpiplup72
This was a great and detailed story. ^^ @Jass: I'm not sure what is there to dislike about the dying character, other than that they didn't listen to their mom when she told them that Pokemon are dangerous creatures. Also, don't you think that's a bit harsh to say that you wanted them to die? I know it's a fictional character, but still. Oh well, to each their own. ^^
Hi there! I'm Pinkpiplup72, and remember: XD Credit goes to 13girl! Thank you, llyriss for this amazing avatar! Thank you, amgg!
cayboy08's Avatarcayboy08
That was so sad. I feel like I'm gonna cry. It's so detailed. It's beautiful. It's like a sequel to frozen, but without ice and pokemon based.
Please click me if you have the time. I click back a lot. Calico kitteh avatar <3 My egg hatched. Turns out I was right. I click back a lot. Try to hatch my little eggs! :D and this guy. DURP
MageOfBlood's AvatarMageOfBlood

QUOTE originally posted by Jass

Hmmm...I honestly didn't think its very emotional...I disliked the character that's dying and wanted her/him to die (which he/she did). Still, its a short story, so I guess character development isn't very plentiful in them, therefore not making me very attached to them. Good job though. I hope I can read the next story and feel sad when one of the characters die!~ ;)
I agree. So booooooooo For no character development.
Avatar is a screenshot from YuGiOh Arc V Formerly Brygames. Am I banned yet?

Pages: 123

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page