PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Wiki Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion >

Pages: 123··· 102103104105106

Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
The "non-" in that fragment refers to the group "Legendary or Baby". It's a very poorly constructed sentence that needs rewriting, especially as it's also missing the Deerling/Turtwig special case. But more broadly and somehow more accurately, Ditto can breed with anything that has an egg group (ie. not "Undiscovered"), except for other Ditto.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
ValleryP's AvatarValleryP

QUOTE originally posted by flybynyx

I am officially confused on an issue re: baby Pokémon.

long quote

It has been my experience that Baby mons are unbreedable. Yet when I was just reading the entirety of the Day Care Wiki page, I came across this passage under the heading Leaving a Pokémon in the Day Care: If the two Pokémon left in the DayCare are in different Egg Groups, a message will appear beneath the two stating, "The Pokémon are not compatible for breeding." The only exceptions to this are Ditto, which may breed with any non- Legendary or Baby Pokémon, and the pairing of Articuno and Vulpix, which may breed to produce Koroku. I just tested a Ditto and a Chingling, and I do indeed get the message, “The Pokémon are not compatible for breeding.” I left them together and did quite a bit of clicking, with no eggs produced. Might this take forever? So I decided to inquire about the truth re:Baby/Ditto pairings instead of continuing what may well be a futile effort to breeding this pair. If a Ditto + a Baby indeed are breedable, why does my DC produce the incompatibility message plus maybe it just takes an extraordinarily long time? If they indeed are not breedable, it is confusing that the Wiki states they are an exception to the rule. It also seems to imply the incompatibility message should not appear because the case is an exception. Ahhhh… my head hurts. Please help! ~Thank You~
As Niet stated it was worded very poorly and baby pokemon are not breedable. I have changed this and hopefully made it better to understand. I also moved that info to the "breeding" section since it made not sense to have it where it was.

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

The "non-" in that fragment refers to the group "Legendary or Baby". It's a very poorly constructed sentence that needs rewriting, especially as it's also missing the Deerling/Turtwig special case. But more broadly and somehow more accurately, Ditto can breed with anything that has an egg group (ie. not "Undiscovered"), except for other Ditto.
Thank you Niet for the wording it helped! I also happened to notice that deerling/turtwig special case wasn't the only one that was missing lol.
Score: 0

Apocalyptic Growlithe Pic|Avi by Kattling
Axolotlovers's AvatarAxolotlovers
not enough albino pokemon have red eyes like albino animals. this is just wrong.
⠀⠀⠀⢀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣀⡤⠤⠤⠤⣄⣀⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⢴⠋⠙⠳⣤⡀⣠⠖⠋⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠓⠤⡀⣠⡴⠟⠛⣷⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠈⠳⢤⣀⢈⠟⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⢏⣀⣠⡴⠋⠀⠀ ⢀⣠⣤⣄⣄⣉⡏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⣇⣡⣤⡴⣦⣀ ⢹⣅⡀⠀⠀⠈⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡏⠁⠀⢀⣠⠏ ⠀⠈⠙⠉⢋⣉⣇⠀⠀⣾⣷⠄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢴⣿⡆⠀⢀⣿⡙⠋⠋⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⢤⠶⠋⠉⢈⣦⡀⠈⠉⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠀⠀⠀⠉⠀⣠⣎⠈⠉⠛⢷⡀⠀ ⠀⠀⠻⣤⣤⠶⠋⠀⠈⠑⠠⠄⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⡀⠤⠐⠉⠀⠈⠻⠶⠖⠶⠃⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢠⠃⠤⡀⠀⡠⠤⢱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡎⠀⠉⠁⠀⠉⠉⠀⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡇⢀⠤⡀⠀⡠⢄⢀⠇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⠢⣀⣀⣀⣈⡠⠊⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡌⡇⠀⣎⠇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢡⡇⣸⠜⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠓⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Hope'sUnicorn's AvatarHope'sUnicorn

QUOTE originally posted by Axolotlovers

not enough albino pokemon have red eyes like albino animals. this is just wrong.
It was talked about to change their names to Leuistic or something similar as there's a name for animals (in real life) who lack the color genes and cause them to appear white, but still have colored eyes. They aren't considered albinos but they are also lacking color common to their species.
549/3,000
JadeJester22's AvatarJadeJester22
Can we include the Uzumi, Dusky, and phesphone images and quotes under the triva or gallery as a "legacy" thing for curious users? And maybe the even older ones too? I would, but I don't quite remember all the quotes, nor do I have the old images.
Buying Tanzakus for 15 ZC
× 25 / 300
Sir Dessert,my little buddy :) Profile Picture is from PFQ Advent 2021
ValleryP's AvatarValleryP

QUOTE originally posted by Dogmage999

Can we include the Uzumi, Dusky, and phesphone images and quotes under the triva or gallery as a "legacy" thing for curious users? And maybe the even older ones too? I would, but I don't quite remember all the quotes, nor do I have the old images.
I added a section here. I will see if I can get their counter images but no guarantee.
Bolt's AvatarBolt
Niet responded to my PM about Scour data and I was able to add a ton of information to the Scour Areas page on the Wiki. Really stoked to help out like this!
Formerly known as Cappn!
arbor's Avatararbor
I think that the phrasing on some of the Wishforge upgrade task descriptions is a little strange. Here are my proposed corrections:
Task List/badge lv6
Current Proposed Change
Good going on all these badge upgrades! Ready for the next stage? Fetch Ravyne 1,000 gems, a Relic Vase and provide 40,000 points and you'll be the owner of a sparkling new Platinum badge! Good going on all these badge upgrades! Ready for the next stage? Fetch Ravyne 1,000 gems, a Relic Vase, and earn 40,000 points and you'll be the owner of a sparkling new Platinum badge!
Task List/badge lv7
Current Proposed Change
Gotta upgrade 'em all! For your next badge, you need to collect 2,100 gems, a relic band (which can be bought on the Credits Page), and earn 84,000 points. Gotta upgrade 'em all! For your next badge, you need to collect 2,100 gems and a relic band (which can be bought on the Credits Page), and earn 84,000 points. (Eliminated comma)
Task List/badge lv8
Current Proposed Change
You're almost there! For this badge, you need 3,200 Sparkling Gems, 1 Relic Statue, and earn 128,000 points. Good luck! You're almost there! For this badge, you need to collect 3,200 Gems and 1 Relic Statue, and earn 128,000 points. Good luck! (Eliminated "Sparkling")
Task List/badge lv9
Current Proposed Change
Are you ready to obtain the highest Badge? This badge will expedite your hatching speed vastly, although it also has a price. For this badge, you need 4,300 gems, 1 Relic Crown, and earn 172,000 points. A Relic Crown can be obtained on the Credit Page with Zophan Canisters or by upgrading less valuable Relics. Upgrade your Badge and you'll be rewarded with a rare Wishalloy Badge! Are you ready to obtain the highest Badge? This badge will expedite your hatching speed vastly, although it also has a price. For this badge, you need to collect 4,300 gems and 1 Relic Crown, and earn 172,000 points. A Relic Crown can be obtained on the Credit Page with Zophan Canisters or by upgrading less valuable Relics. Upgrade your Badge and you'll be rewarded with a rare Wishalloy Badge!
I think that the phrasing of "You need gems and earn points" sounds strange, so I added a verb for the gems. Additionally I'm not sure why the gems are described as Sparkling in only task 8, as that's not their name. Finally I got a little picky with commas but I'm not a grammar expert so my corrections there could be wrong.
arbor ☼ journal: 414 “The tides are in our veins, we still mirror the stars, life is your child, but there is in me, older and harder than life and more impartial, the eye that watched before there was an ocean.”
credit
Background from freepik.com F2U code by Gumshoe
Maybe I'm being picky too, but shouldn't it be "and TO earn xxxxx points"? "And earn" sounds weird to me
Avatar credits: Melan Plusle & Minun Galaxy avatar made by Sharpy, (for my use only)
Bolt's AvatarBolt
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the Task List text is copied from the site itself; a proposed change might be better in the Typos, grammar and general spelling error" thread. I like the way you think though, arbor!

Pages: 123··· 102103104105106

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page