PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

hunting/chains

Forum Index > Core > Help >

i feel like im doing something wrong here. im about to hit 400 hatched eggs in a chain without breaking it, and i havent hatched a special. that means no shiny, albino, OR melan heres what ive been doing >pokeradar originally with hypermode (till about 200) >albino radar 5+ (7 for at least 2 of the days if not more) >shiny charm today am i missing any other way to boost the rates besides über or just waiting for sei? one of the days was even also a potd?? its so confusing and disheartening to me :((
arbor's Avatararbor
Shiny odds for non HM users are around 1/400. This of course will vary a lot. My last hunt, I got my first shiny at egg 126, and my second shiny was at 1023- almost 1000 eggs between them! I had another hunt that took almost 700 eggs to get my first shiny, and most recently it only took 53 eggs. It’s very variable. You’re doing everything you can, just keep trying!
creds
avatar is a screenshot from the official disney movie, alice in wonderland.
autistic
if i am rude to you, it is unintentional, please inform me so that i may learn from the situation & not repeat it. i do not want to upset anyone!
Score: 0

QUOTE originally posted by arbor

Shiny odds for non HM users are around 1/400. This of course will vary a lot. My last hunt, I got my first shiny at egg 126, and my second shiny was at 1023- almost 1000 eggs between them! I had another hunt that took almost 700 eggs to get my first shiny, and most recently it only took 53 eggs. It’s very variable. You’re doing everything you can, just keep trying!
what about albinos?? im just upset bc i havent gotten ANYTHING not even specifically shinies :(
Gumshoe's AvatarGumshoe
I know of someone who had recently went over 1,000 hatches at max charge without an albino showing up. Luck can just be really bad sometimes :( You can increase albino chances with a Z-Crystal. Besides, that, you just have to keep hatching and eventually they'll show up as long as your radar is charged.
Chicken | 26 they/them journal art shop
credit
☆ pfp from Great Ace Attorney Chronicles ☆ sig code by me ☆ sig img by UntamedClown

QUOTE originally posted by Gumshoe

I know of someone who had recently went over 1,000 hatches at max charge without an albino showing up. Luck can just be really bad sometimes :( You can increase albino chances with a Z-Crystal. Besides, that, you just have to keep hatching and eventually they'll show up as long as your radar is charged.
ya i get that it rlly sux im just. in that 1k did they get any shinies either?? like. im flabbergasted that i havent gotten EITHER in the span of hunting at the rates i shuld hve :(
Gumshoe's AvatarGumshoe
Yes, they did. I'm unaware of what specific bonuses they had, but I know they had at least hypermode which increased their shiny chances significantly compared to if they did not have hypermode. I'm not sure what else to tell you besides it's bad luck and you just need to keep hatching. "1/400 chance" (which as arbor mentioned is an estimate, not the exact chance) does not guarantee a shiny every 400 hatches. This is why exact odds are not provided on-site, as sometimes people can get confused why their luck doesn't align with the numbers (when their luck is bad, anyway!) I've had plenty of hunts where shinies took two or three times as long to show up as they """should have"""; and I've also had hunts where shinies showed up way "too often" to balance that bad luck out. It's the nature of the game.

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2023 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | WikiGet shortlink for this page