PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

New Year Updates 2023!

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123

Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
Sally, sudo the thing!
> Beginning New Year 2023 Update... Hello users, welcome to the new year. As is customary, Niet has prepared an update package. Printing patch notes...

Happiness Targets

When setting a Happiness target, you can now choose to be notified if a Pokémon's Happiness falls below the specified number. This may be useful for Pokémon that evolve via unhappiness, or for monitoring your breeding pair's Happiness when using the Red Gigaremo. Furthermore, this Happiness can now be specified as a percentage ("Happy%"). However please note that internally this is converted to the exact value. So for example, if you select 25%, then subsequent editing will reveal it to be the exact value 64/255.

Post Upvoting

Previously there was no way of knowing that you'd already upvoted a post, short of trying to do so again and getting rudely rebuffed by an error message. The post will now show that you've already upvoted it, by replacing the "Upvote post" button with a "Post upvoted" label, which cannot be clicked. I will consider adding the ability to remove your vote, such as if you voted in error, but for now that's considered minor.

Egg Supplier

Previously, buying multiple of the same Egg in quick succession would result in a bulk discount, start at 10% for the second egg, and approaching 50%. This feature has been removed, and instead replaced with a "Quantity" input on the order form itself. The bulk discount is then directly applied there, and applies to the whole order. This has two consequences: - Buying two eggs used to cost 100%+90% = 190%, whereas now it costs 2x90% = 180%. The bulk discount is more powerful! - The bulk discount also applies to the Priority Shipping option! Furthermore, all Eggs ordered in a single order will arrive as one package. You then claim Eggs one by one from that order as and when you want them.

Image Uploader

The feature has been neglected for some time, so it got some much-needed features. You can now rename files, and move them between folders. Folders themselves remain immutable and immovable, they can only be deleted if they are empty. No moving or renaming folders, you will need to create the target folder, move the files into it and then delete the old folder. Also, the links given by the Uploader now use your internal user ID instead of your username, which means it doesn't change in the event you change usernames.

Tournaments

Nothing too spectacular here, but you can now view the full Leaderboard while a tournament is in progress.

Type Race

The Type Race has received some significant adjustments! - Your full team rotation order is displayed on the Type Race page. - Your history is now grouped by year, if you've been around long enough to participate in more than one year. - Your history no longer shows months that you didn't participate. - The elected Team Leader will be visibly designated as such with an icon by their username, wherever it appears - users online, interaction page, forums, PMs, wherever. - When the Type Race ends, players will be able to provide feedback by rating their team leader's performance. Was your leader engaged, enthusiastic, inspiring? Or did they just sort of exist and leave you to do all the work? Your rating will be aggregated and will result in the leader receiving bonus Z-Fragments - between 2 and 16 of them. Players will receive 2 Z-Fragments just for voting, even if they abstain. Honest feedback is wanted. - The "Individual Goals" have been adjusted. The 10th Z-Fragment is now earned at 1,300 (down from 1,500) points, and 5 additional targets have been added, going up to a whopping 3,000 points for the final one - this should hopefully encourage the players who were getting their 10 Fragments and stopping, to continue contributing to their team's goal. - In addition to the winning team getting 4 Z-Fragments, the team finishing in 2nd place will receive 2 Z-Fragments. The team finishing 3rd receives 1 Z-Fragment. - These changes mean that for players, the maximum reward has increased from 21 Z-Fragments (10 personal, 7 team, 4 winning team) to 28 Z-Fragments (15 personal, 7 team, 4 winning team, 2 leader feedback). This converts from 3 full Z-Crystals to 4! Particularly exceptional team leaders will have the ability to gain a further 2 more Z-Crystals if their teammates deem them worthy. - Albino chances are boosted by +20% for Eggs of your team. This stacks with Z-Crystals (+50%) for a total of +80% (because multiplicative maths: 1.2 * 1.5 = 1.8). Good luck!
There you have it, that's gonna be all from me for now. I hope you have a great 2023! I've asked the team to say a few words as well, so here they are...

Eggy

Hey there! Being a part of this team has been an absolute blast - besides getting to see my own ideas come to life and in general having an impact on spritework, I've also found quite a few friends here that I just love talking to. Especially when I feel down and need some support, or if I'm stuck trying or planning to do something and need help. And that's saying something, because normally I'm not even that talkative! The art side of things makes me particularly happy because art is my main hobby/skill and I love putting that to good use. Here's to a great year 2023!

Thal'io

Hi! It's been very fun working with the other mods and helping out the community. Here's to another year of doing the same thing!

Cele

L 🤔 what do I wanna say? / joining circus 👀✨

tyler

Howdy! The new year has snuck up once again. I'm so grateful to get to spend it with all of you. I've been a member of the Pokéfarm community for a long, long time, and working with my fellow staff members has been such a rewarding experience for me. I hope you'll join me in welcoming in the new year. Happy holidays, and best of luck in all you do this year from your local lava slug!

ICEBÜNN

Hello everyone! I have had so much fun working on the art team for a full year now, bringing to life new creatures and artwork for the site. It has been an honor and a privilege to work with such talented and amazing individuals! This year has been a challenge for me living for over an entire year on my own, but being able to work on Pokefarm art and have access to an amazing support group has made my year shine! I have discovered some of my favorite things to create, and have gotten to experiment a lot and further my artistic knowledge. Looking forward to working with the team to release what we have planned for next year, and hopefully for many more! — Bunn <3

Loksfjoer

Hi everyone and happy New Year ^_^ Thanks to everyone who plays this game; we have a wonderful community here and I'm proud to be a part of it! I've made some good friends and met talented people during my time here, and I will continue to work to make sure PokéFarm will stay an enjoyable and safe place! I hope 2023 will be good for everyone, and that you will reach your game and/or life goals for this year.

AlphaEspy

Huh? It's already the end of the year? Wowzers, these years really do go fast as you get older! Hi there! I've been on this site for a few good years now and I got to say it's been one amazing journey! This year has certainly been a big one for me; not just for Pokéfarm but in general life also. I used to struggle a lot with confidence, so I had the tendency to back away from things. Joining this site however, has given me the ability to make new friends and slowly open up my shell. I've learnt so much in my moderating experience too, which boosted things up even more. The Staff team have especially been very valuable to me. With all of this support, it helped me pushed myself more forward than ever before. It's amazing how much stronger you can become in one year, and so I want to pass on this message to you for 2023. It isn't easy to break the barrier that's stopping you but it isn't indestructible. Hidden inside you, there is strong potential in there and it's waiting to come out. You can do it! I look forward to see what's in store for Pokéfarm's future!

Shazi

Hello lovely farmers! I've been at this for a while now (8 years can you believe it??) And it's brought me great joy to see the Pokéfarm userbase grow and for me especially it's been a privilege to work beside some of the most talented artists i've ever met. 2022 had me seeing in the year in a new role on the site, one that involved a lot more direct talking to you guys about stuff than I otherwise would have and i'm so grateful and proud to have such support and kindness from people around me. I hope in 2023 we can continue to provide new pokemon, new recolours and new exclusives that we can all love together! Happy new year, and thank you for making this a wonderful place to be!

DuchessLunaire

What do you mean its new year? ... W-where did December go? ...Where did the time go!? I learned pixel art purely for PFQ and I cant believe I've been in the art team for 3 almost 4 years now, it has been amazing to work alongside all these amazing and talented people and I've learned so much from everyone!~ I am really grateful for every day that I get to enjoy Pokefarm and see the userbase enjoy themselves as well. Fingers crossed that 2023 will be filled with lots n lots of pokemon~ -DuchessLunaire

KitKatKutie2

I have been on this website for many, many years, and it has come such a long way. It's not an understatement when I say that the whole staff team has come a long way too. I'm truly blessed to be a part of this team and it's all thanks to the support of the userbase that we are able to continue doing what we do. There are some truly wonderful people I've gotten to know this year due to PFQ and I've felt more connected to this userbase this year than I have since I joined in 2014. I hope these connections continue into the new year and I can't wait for you all to see what we have in store for you already. Cheers!

Gumshoe

Howdy! I physically can't believe I've been on the mod team for well over a year now. Time is fake :''D I ain't got much to say and words are hard. I really love this game. It's been a huge part of my life (even if I was a bit late to the party compared to the other staff >___>) and I'm so happy that I'm able to contribute to it now. I want it to be the best it can be, and am doing my best to help make it so. No matter what 2023 throws at me I will persevere because I am worthy of happiness and living. I hope you all will do the same, as you are just as worthy. 🌸

Novan-chan

Hiyo Farmers! I hope everyone has (and had) a Happy New Year! 2023 has come with such Extreme Speed :D The end of 2022 has marked my 8th year apart of PFQ's team, and I'm hoping to see through yet another in 2023! Would anyone believe that I didn't learn Pixel Art until I was offered to join the team? Did it on MS Paint. I couldn't even make the background transparent. The first sprites I ever worked on apart for the site was the Fennekin line. So if anyone ever wondered why that line has gotten edits every two or so years. Hi. My name is Novan. Its gonna happen again. It's like clockwork. Its been a roller coaster, but goodness its been a privilege to work with such a supportive team as a whole, and with such talented artists who do their best to give all of you new Pokemon and Exclusives! As well as dealing with my shenanigans. It hasn't gotten old to see Pokefarm grow, seeing the community growing along with it. It never fails to bring me joy to see anyone get excited and even make wonderful art and hilarious jokes on the site. I'm hoping in 2023 we can provide not only more new Pokemon and Exclusives, but events and then some! One of my biggest enjoyments is when a new region comes up. While it brings the hardship of getting new Pokemon to the site, I get excited to drag out Eben to help announce the new releases! Happy New Year, Farmers! I hope that everyone keeps it easy, stays safe, have fun and look forward to what's to come! I adore this community and I hope we all can enjoy it all together ^^ Have a cute drawing just for the new year!!

Let's go!!

- Please Noot, please, let the meme be in the post. PLease, it be so funny.

Cele (again)

Hoi! *waves* I don't really know what to write for this but I hope 2022 treated you all well and that 2023 will, too! How have your holidays been so far? What kind of food did you have for them? What season is it where you are and is the weather nice? What joys and sorrows did the year bring you? What are you looking forward to? Did you hatch anything nice on here? Did you capture precious photographs of your life this year? Did you experience new music? I want to hear about it all! I still remember when and why I joined the original PokéFarm. Then PFQ came along so I had to sign up here, too. I took what was largely a hiatus from PFQ for about three years but came back full force in 2018, and I've been here since. I wanted to give back to Niet, Garthic, the staff, my friends I've made here, and the community that all helped make it possible for the times that PokéFarm and PFQ helped get me through so I applied for staff when it opened up. Meeting dear new friends and keeping in touch with old, helping with things, hatching cool stuff (I finally managed to hatch a melanistic Mewtwo with my favourite nature last night — whaaat? I'm still mind-blown.), talking to the community, just being a part of it all... It's been a pleasure and a joy for me, and I want everyone who's been a part of it — all of you — to know I'm grateful for that and am looking forward to the next year as well! Thank you! — Cele

yosei-san

Ciao farmers! It’s amazing how time has flown by since I joined the Staff team— and family!— and I’m always looking forward to seeing what wonderful things this community is going to bring next. It’s no exaggeration to say I’ve grown up with this site, and I’m so excited to see the beginnings of a new generation of users who found their people through this platform. For my friends, I love you all and am constantly thankful for your presence in my life and on this site. Here’s to another year of building on our bonds! For the users I haven’t met yet: I hope we get a chance to get to know each other! There’s so many of you I haven’t talked to and so many of you that I think I’d get along so well with, so I want to make some new friends! That’s my New Year’s resolution c: Pumpkin peacin’ out!
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Gallevoir's AvatarGallevoir
Albino chances are boosted by +20% for Eggs of your team. This stacks with Z-Crystals (+50%) for a total of +80% (because multiplicative maths: 1.2 * 1.5 = 1.8). Good luck! You didn't mention that before! That sounds pretty cool in theory (though it's all still RNG in practice, of course). Happy New Year!
  • Shops
  • Best Melans
  • A Christmas Bee, for Melan Luck
They/them, for simplicity. Beathan sprite; egg sprites from Bulbapedia; avatar; Acacia sprite by me; Bee from Pokefarm Advent
Peckish's AvatarPeckish
Changes look nice and a happy new year!
Icon by Flyeahfy for my use Grookey
120/250 Till my Zarude hunt!
Trebor's AvatarTrebor
Before I see/say Anything else - being able to see the full tournament leaderboard is no small thing (for those participating). Remembering way, Way back to when it was last previously so (PF1?), this is a HUGE improvement - thank you SO much :-D
AVID delta collector Team
Continental Crush (Rock)
: 3319 pts Current Shiny Hunt 6/423 animated sprite courtesy of blitzydragon (formerly Bryianna88)
Durant's AvatarDurant
I know the answer is probably yes but just want to make sure. If I was hunting bulbasaur for example and I was on team grass and using a poison crystal would the boosts still stack?
Check out Durant's Shop
I really appreciate the updates to the type race things! It's cool to be able to see my team rotation, but it feels like it's in a weird order, lol, since it started in August, so I expected to see that as my "first" team xDD Looking forward to seeing how the new reward tiers work out as well! Also really cool to see that there is actually an albino boost during the type race, I always thought there was xD I'm also very excited about the Egg Supplier changes!
Avatar credits: Melan Plusle & Minun Galaxy avatar made by Sharpy, (for my use only)
yell0wdrops's Avataryell0wdrops
The changes to the type race look really good :)
all art from official Pokémon manga/games
Love the updates! Thank you all for the start of a great New Year. Let's make this year the best ever!!
Bester: Click him or else Bleach lovers unite Are you a fan of Bleach? Come here and have to great time sharing your fandom.😁 What a beauty.😍
teefa85's Avatarteefa85
While I doubt I'll hit the 3,000 goal any time soon since some months I just don't have time and barely get 2,000, extra fragments are good. And yay for the Albino boost! I do most of my hunting during Type Races. So it's definitely helpful.
Screenshot taken from Trials of Mana using my own Switch.
Trebor's AvatarTrebor
I am back to say I love the "Post upvoted!" change. Will be super helpful in places like the dress-up Contests discussion thread, type race threads, and probably lots of other places. Big thanks for that one too!

Pages: 123

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page