PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Is it even worth melanhunting without HM?

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion >

Dogmage999's AvatarDogmage999
I can't currently buy ZC, so as such I can only make small amounts of it by selling Box Boxes and other items. I'm getting closer to Arkoos rank (Still got a ways to go, but my bonus LCB helps!), however I'm not active enough to get on the leaderboards for tourneys. I can manage charms through rentals and my (checks inventory) one shiny charm, and I can often buy pr sticks and ubers through the ZC I get from box boxes. Is it worth trying to melan hunt? I want about 2/3 melans more from my eevee chain that unintentionally gave me 2 melans in 2096 eggs.
Sir Desert,my son :) Most recent special
Fleämpy Sün's AvatarFleämpy Sün

QUOTE originally posted by Dogmage999

I can't currently buy ZC, so as such I can only make small amounts of it by selling Box Boxes and other items. I'm getting closer to Arkoos rank (Still got a ways to go, but my bonus LCB helps!), however I'm not active enough to get on the leaderboards for tourneys. I can manage charms through rentals and my (checks inventory) one shiny charm, and I can often buy pr sticks and ubers through the ZC I get from box boxes. Is it worth trying to melan hunt? I want about 2/3 melans more from my eevee chain that unintentionally gave me 2 melans in 2096 eggs.
I would advise trying to get hm and not focus on big stick requiring hunt. extra gp and perks will help you gather resources to hunt you can sell extra shinies for dp prices. selling gems helps a lot dont worry with tourney eggs and just collect tokens at calm pace or just sell them
The problem is it's 600 ZC for one month,it takes me weeks to get a few hundred.
Fleämpy Sün's AvatarFleämpy Sün

QUOTE originally posted by Dogmage999

The problem is it's 600 ZC for one month,it takes me weeks to get a few hundred.
its 3 million credits, its worth saving up for as you get 500 gp and seals at the begining of the month making some money back selling small gems from breeding and treasure items (copper, silver, gold) tokens (i saved tourney eggs unlock for last) z crystals from TR if you dont need them delta point vouchers are all good ways to earn money
Goatlady's AvatarGoatlady
In my opinion, Hypermode is for very active players. If you're hatching around 30 eggs a day of a regular pokemon (not exclusive/variant), you won't really benefit from all that HM offers. You don't need the faster release times because you're not filling a field quick enough to need it, the XP boost is wasted if you're hatching with the egg timer passively instead of clicking parties to hatch them faster, the Extra Daycare is useful if hunting exclusives or variants that aren't usually found in the shelter but something like Eevee is a swarm in the shelter so you don't need it for that. Recently, they increased the long chain bonus for non-HM users so if that's the one reason you have for spending 600zc a month on it, I wouldn't, if I was you. (it's also cheaper in the long run to buy the year one, so maybe start saving up for that instead?) That month will fly by, and if you are only hatching 1k eggs during that month, it will very likely be devoid of melans. The expense on using items to increase Specials during the active HM won't pay off, in my opinion. I'm not sure why you are buying PR sticks if you're continuing the chain? It seems like an unnecessary expense. Have one goal, for example, get 600zc. If someone is offering dexes and you spend 20gp on them, that's 4zc less on your ZC goal. You can't do every goal at the same time and still feel like you're on the way to it. Forget Arceus for now, or spend the currency on that and forget HM for now. (Arceus is a constant expense to keep it, so I also consider that to be for very active players too :D ) Of course, some people get lucky hatches (you already hatched 2 melans without HM so you've infact answered your own question). As people have stated above, there are many ways to earn currency and there's almost always players swapping ZC for gold or credits. If you're not playing enough to be swimming in these from joining every event and trading things in the market and threads, then you probably don't really need hypermode if you ask me.
  • Shop
  • Typerace
  • My Special Monz
  • Links
TUBG are an efficient and enthusiastic Team, offering these services: Ditto Speed Dating, Custom Breeding Pairs including Exclusives, Shelter Hunting, Exclusives Hatching, Charm Rental and selling our Special hatches, + items. Don't be shy, come drop by!
Sneaking through the shadows, heading to the top of the list, it's Dark Team!
Score: 0
Banner created by LycanKai
StartermonFirst Melanmon
Lv. 100 — +11,216
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryAspear Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryCheri Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
FirePsychic
Happiness 27%
Sassy nature
Reaper Cloth

Reaper Cloth

Evolution Item

(: 0)

A fabric imbued with evil energies.

Sells for 1,750

Lv. 100 — +778,603
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryAspear Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryCheri Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Ghost
Happiness 27%
Rash nature
So just keep an uber when hunting? those are pretty affordable. I was asking because my cycle of keeping my big ol' eevee chain I save for the LCB is: resume hunt. turn on Ubercharm. Go until TR next month. stick thr hunt, do TR, repeat. Take the occasional break and hunt something else. every month I sell stuff to get the PR stick and Uber.
Goatlady's AvatarGoatlady
To me, that sounds like a waste of ZC, to stick the chain at all if you're not stopping for a very long time. But it's entirely up to you how you play. You don't break the chain if you hatch your own type during Typerace, you just can't chain anything new, so you could save ZC there. Same with some tournaments that don't break chains (like the current one) so you can still participate for the tokens, and to have a break from eevee without the ZC cost. If swapping your hunt regularly suits you, then that's fine, but don't grumble about having no ZC for hypermode if you're spending it on something different ^_^
From what I'm gathering, I've just got too much other stuff I do to be super active, so I'm realizing there's no need for me to buy Hypermode. I'll probably just stick to whatever I'm doing now, using ubers and stacking as many bonuses as I can on Sei days. I do like taking breaks for more chill hunts every now and then, as well as TR hunts, so thanks for helping me realize I don't need HM as much as I think.

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2022 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | WikiGet shortlink for this page