PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Burning question regarding PF1

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion >

pookeyohyeah's Avatarpookeyohyeah
Hello everyone, I am here to ask a question regarding Pokfarm 1. Yes, Old Pokefarm, that thing most of you haven't thought about in years and many others weren't even a part of. Today I was reading through the custom description of a Pokemon written by a younger version of myself (please don't go down that rabbit hole, you could make a book out of all of them) and was hit with ever the faintest of memories. Here, you can read for yourself: https://pokefarm.com/summary/HQSW. This essay written by a boy with too much time on his hands mentions something called a Gold Catapult. It seemingly was very valuable, due to the frustration expressed upon having to trade it for a shiny Rotom. A Rotom that, for some reason, he decided to name "Sparkle". It also mentions something called an iDex, after spelling "dex" wrong previously. Finally, it includes two edits about the typo, one of them written today and both of which I am going to cringe at in a few years. Before making a third edit of the same thing. So. Onto my question. For any of you who may have been around in the days of old, what on earth was a Gold Catapult? And was iDex just what they called the shiny dex, or was it something else? I can't remember, and looking it up yielded nothing, and it is driving. me. bananas. I apologize if the discussion forum is not the place for questions like this. In order to facilitate more of a discussion for those who do not know the answers to my questions, I will be accepting recommendations on whether or not the typo I made when I was probably 13 deserves to exist in this modern world. Nothing would bring me more joy than to demolish its very existence, but I am not ashamed of my mistakes and will only do so if the people believe it is right. Can we ever escape the past, or must it always be there to remind us of our journey? It is up to you to decide if I am worthy of redemption. Thank you for reading. Please help. Have a great day!
DrewMH's AvatarDrewMH
I remember spending a lot of time on the original PokeFarm when I was in elementary school. That all sounds so familiar, especially the iDex. I think that might’ve just been what the Pokédex was called back then, but I could be wrong… Gold catapult also sounds so, so familiar. There’s a lot of things I wish I could go back and reminisce on the old PokeFarm.
Yahan's AvatarYahan
Ah golden catapults. The bane of my existence in high school :’) /hj So on pf1, the Unova summons had to be earned with tears, sweat and blood /hj. There was this catapult mini game that you could play just about any time, but you had to play it with a golden catapult if you wanted a chance at a summon item for a Unovan legend. And whatever token you’d get at the end of the game is influenced by the Pokémon you’d catch. So yeah xD And yeah iDex was basically shiny dex. Albinos and Melanistics weren’t a thing on pf1
Formerly known as Yay Avatar made by Cryst; my sig is my own work. Both the Pokemon and the girl have the same name: Lottie Lock. I named her after Lottie in Erin Entrada Kelly's novel You Go First. The quote at the top is also from the novel.
DrewMH's AvatarDrewMH

QUOTE originally posted by Yahan

Ah golden catapults. The bane of my existence in high school :’) /hj So on pf1, the Unova summons had to be earned with tears, sweat and blood /hj. There was this catapult mini game that you could play just about any time, but you had to play it with a golden catapult if you wanted a chance at a summon item for a Unovan legend. And whatever token you’d get at the end of the game is influenced by the Pokémon you’d catch. So yeah xD And yeah iDex was basically shiny dex. Albinos and Melanistics weren’t a thing on pf1
You just brought back so many memories.
pookeyohyeah's Avatarpookeyohyeah

QUOTE originally posted by Yahan

thank you so much! that's why i don't remember, I got the unova pass super late in pf1's life, I probably never even used one. but thank you so much for freeing my mind, and thanks drew for taking the time to post as well!

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2022 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | WikiGet shortlink for this page