PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Field Affinity and Primary vs Secondary typing

Forum Index > Core > Help >

ToothedMammal's AvatarToothedMammal
Let's say I have an Appletun, a Grass/Dragon type Pokemon, and I want to put them in the field that matches their type. Should I put them in a Grass field, or a Dragon field? Will they be equally happy in either one, or does one type take priority over another when calculating affinity?
Venonat Sprite from Pokemon Crystal, edit by me.
StrawrBer's AvatarStrawrBer
I think it is happy in either one? I have my Valimps in a fairy field even though they're Fairy|Dark. And they gain happiness the same time as usual pokemon matching their fields. I think with multi-types they just can go in more fields than others. So a Grass|Dragon can go in either field type.
Pfp|Sig ~ Official art | Onegai My Melody
Mystera's AvatarMystera
It will actually be happier in the Dragon field. Field affinity is more or less the same as gummis in the PMD series; matching type is best, field type that is super-effective against Pokemon type is good, field type that is not very effective against Pokemon type is bad, and field type that does not effect Pokemon type is very bad. For dual-types, it calculates both types' affinity and adds them. Let's say matching type is +2, good field is +1, bad field is -1, and very bad field is -3. In a Dragon-type field, your Appletun will get matching type + neutral, or 2+0 for a total of 2. In the Grass-type field, it will get matching + bad, since Dragon resists Grass, or 2-1, for a total of 1. This is also why you can't put a Normal/Ghost type in a Normal or Ghost type field, since the Pokemon's dislike of the field it is immune to is stronger than its like of a matching field. Just a fun fact. If my explanation didn't make sense, try reading this Wiki page.
(Avatar by CosmicDiamond; edited sprites in sig by me.)
Tarashia's AvatarTarashia
Some time ago I collected some data about just how fast Pokemon gain/lose happiness in fields, and part of the result is a table on how types affect it, if you're interested: https://pokefarm.com/forum/post/5960265
Dogmage999's AvatarDogmage999
I'm pretty sure it just goes by the type field it's in- If it's an appletun in a grass field, it's part grass so it's happy.
Always taking nicknamed quirky/jolly mon. Sir Desert,my son :) Click this egg,please, and my other dragcave eggs.
Goatlady's AvatarGoatlady

QUOTE originally posted by Dogmage999

I'm pretty sure it just goes by the type field it's in- If it's an appletun in a grass field, it's part grass so it's happy.
Not if the other type has a red heart on the field it has affinity to. I don't know off the top of my head regarding dragon/grass but I do know Maravol is poison/bug. Poison has a red heart in the bug field and gains no happiness there. They must go in a poison field to gain happiness.
  • Shop
  • Typerace
  • My Special Monz
  • Links
TUBG are an efficient and enthusiastic Team, offering these services: Ditto Speed Dating, Custom Breeding Pairs including Exclusives, Shelter Hunting, Exclusives Hatching, Charm Rental and selling our Special hatches, + items. Don't be shy, come drop by!
If you think you can beat Team Psychic, you must be craZy with a capital zed!
Score: 0
Banner created by LycanKai
StartermonFirst Melanmon
Lv. 97 — 3,206 / 28,519
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryAspear Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryCheri Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
FirePsychic
Happiness 27%
Sassy nature
Reaper Cloth

Reaper Cloth

Evolution Item

(: 0)

A fabric imbued with evil energies.

Sells for 1,750

Lv. 100 — +719,279
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryAspear Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryCheri Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Ghost
Happiness 27%
Rash nature
spades4's Avatarspades4
Hmm, I put My two Alolan sandslash in ice type Field, but they don’t gain happiness :(
Goatlady's AvatarGoatlady

QUOTE originally posted by spades4

Hmm, I put My two Alolan sandslash in ice type Field, but they don’t gain happiness :(
Because ice field has a red heart for steel and they are half steel. Try a steel field. Like I said above, you need to avoid fields with the red heart for dual types even if its a green heart for half of it.
Tarashia's AvatarTarashia

QUOTE originally posted by spades4

They should still gain happiness, but slower, a steel type field would be much better. They won't gain happiness at all if they are busy, such as in the daycare, though.

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2022 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | WikiGet shortlink for this page