PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Getting back into PF?

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion >

Space Oddity's AvatarSpace Oddity
Hi all! I'm hoping to start a discussion around the things people could do to get back into PF, new features that could've been missed, things to do to reignite the ole spark and such. To explain my personal circumstances, I'm a long-term player (was around for PF1) and used to log on daily, but over the past couple years my activity has been pretty sporadic. I think the last time I played seriously was a failed melan hunt in 2019, and since then my interest has just sort of dropped. It's quite a shame, since I've been a player for a good chunk of my life, and I'd love to get back into it, but every time I try it never lasts more than a couple days. Getting back to the main point of the thread, has anyone else been in a similar situation and managed to come back? What would peeps recommend for turning into an active player again? It could be anything like gameplay adjustments, goals you could set for yourself or heck, even an attitude change. I'd love to hear your thoughts on this!
[icon art is mine]
Oh boy, tell me about it. I’ve left Pokéfarm unexpectedly twice by now. The first time I left was for about 3 years. I ended up starting to look around the forums for something to do. And that’s when I found the forum games. The second time I left for a year. When I came back (2 months ago), I decided to start partaking the the events and do the type race. So to anyone coming back to pokéfarm, try hanging around in the community. Do the events, talk in the forums. You might be able to pick up something you’d wanna do in the game and keep you interested for a good while. (Maybe I went on a ramble. But I hope I did the assignment right)
💙 Why hello there! 🤎 ————————— 💚 Previous username: Worldabby2 ❤️ ————————— 💙 I’m always collecting Scatterbugs and Maravols! 💛 ————————— 🤍 (Very messy) Journal 🤍 ————————— 💜Profile from Cookie run: OvenBreak❤️
Ive been on and off for the last year or two mostly around just to commission people for their art. However I've decided to get back into the swing of things cause I lost my job and I have nothing better to do with my free time. I've been around since eeeeaaarly says Pf1 and honestly I've never gotten into the community hardly at all. To be honest I avoided it as much as I could and I think I've made... Maybe four friends in all my years of being here? I really wanna change that to be honest and get to know people more. Just dunno how to really go about it
T h e P r i n c e s s S h o p Avatar Art by neojin. For me
Signature by CatEnergetic, with help from Wardove. Official GIF from Steven Universe!
Eggy's AvatarEggy
Kind of in the same boat. I've been around since the early days of PF1 too (in fact it was one of the first places I joined when I first got access to the internet), but on PFQ I've had hiatuses that would last a rather long time. The only thing I really did was log in to check on the forums etc., but until recently I wasn't particularly active. What helped me to get back into the swing of things was setting a goal to pursue. For me, this goal was getting the Arceus rank and getting at least one badge up to Wishalloy, after which my goal was hunting for my very first melan - I've done one hunt so far which was successful, and I'm doing another one now.
Signature is to be refactored Avatar: Made by Res0nare

QUOTE originally posted by Eggy

Kind of in the same boat. I've been around since the early days of PF1 too (in fact it was one of the first places I joined when I first got access to the internet), but on PFQ I've had hiatuses that would last a rather long time. The only thing I really did was log in to check on the forums etc., but until recently I wasn't particularly active. What helped me to get back into the swing of things was setting a goal to pursue. For me, this goal was getting the Arceus rank and getting at least one badge up to Wishalloy, after which my goal was hunting for my very first melan - I've done one hunt so far which was successful, and I'm doing another one now.
I sort of want to do the same but Melans seem so out fo my reach not to mention Arceus rank. Not entirely sure where I would even start, I get over whelmed SO easily
Eggy's AvatarEggy
That's understandable! Melans are not easy to get at all. I was lucky I even got mine under 1k eggs (with all the boosts, as I went into it prepared). Arceus rank is not easy to get either - I was actually very, very behind when I became active again! But I pushed for it and now I have the rank. Another thing you could do for example is find a Pokemon you like and then just hunt it, without gunning for something glamorous like a melan. Just casual hunting. Also as I mentioned, my own goal was to also get a Wishalloy badge and you could possibly try to work towards upgrading yours (though getting to Wishalloy is also not easy!). Perhaps if you'd prefer something more easy-going, something else you could do is plant and grow some berries, enter a Pokemon into Contests (although sign-up has closed yesterday so you can only vote) or use the Fishing Hut, which are all casual activities. Or, you could go into the forums and find a topic you like to engage in. I really can't think of anything else at the moment but I still hope my suggestions are helpful :)
0Percent's Avatar0Percent
It feels like I had left the game for quite a long time despite my account being less than 3 years old, just shows how active I used to be when I first started and all the things I'd be doing. As of now I started randomly hatching Flabebe's as I work out what I actually want to do next, also my many many fields are a complete mess of random shelter finds and hatched stuff atm lol.
valiance's Avatarvaliance
I've recently got back into playing as well. I was pretty active on the original PF1 and then for a couple years here. I got pretty busy with school, work, and everything that I forgot about PFQ. Since coming back I have also found it helpful setting goals. The first thing I did was try raising my rank from master to champion. Additionally, I opened up my large collection of boxes and started summoning missing legendaries. I've also started two hunts since then and aim to upgrade my gemwish badges as I go. Lastly, I've went through and organized things such as my fields and my progress in my new journal. I'd also like to get more involved in the community. The few friends that I had made in the early years are not active anymore. But I have reached out and made conversation with some users.
credits
avatar by Shahzzzy on reddit & sig by PYTHIØS
S O U P's AvatarS O U P
I started PF1 when I was 15/16 years old. It wasnt long before PFQ came out. I was in a 5 year hiatus due to irl stuff like college and work. Now Im back and actualky can get hypermode and is a lot more fun now that I can do chains and rid a hoard if snorlax that I was ibsessing over. Still one of my favorites but hoarded it because I just liked snorlax not knowing how to really play the game lol
pfp by the creators of ATLA
Runes's AvatarRunes
I'm also getting back into PF after, what, a year or more of forgetting about the site. Every so often I get nostalgic, as I began playing when I was about 13 on PF1, but my activity is always sporadic at best. This time I'm hoping to set some goals to keep myself engaged, as well as hang in the forums. I'm thinking maybe I'll start a hoard or something while I Shiny Hunt.
Avatar is official Pokémon TCG art.

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2022 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | WikiGet shortlink for this page