PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Glacier Lake Camp

Forum Index > Pokémon > Pokémon RP >

Pages: 12345

Hotdogfish's AvatarHotdogfish
Welcome to Glacier Lake Camp, a relaxing, camping RP. Check out the setup if you're interested in joining. If there are any camp activities you'd like to be organized, send me a pm and let's make it happen!
Phaedra ambled over to the camp office, first thing in the morning. She hadn't even had coffee yet, but that wasn't the end of the world; the office coffee machine was much faster than her boiling the kettle on her camping stove. She unlocked the door, turned on the neon "open" sign, and put out the walkie-talkies for guest use, the other one on her hip, of course. She turned on the coffee machine, and let it run while she booted up the ancient computer. She looked over at a loud squeaky whine in the doorway. "You're not allowed in here, Flopsy, you know that," she told her buizel in the doorway, wiggling with excitement. She poured the hot coffee into her travel mug and sipped it while convincing the computer to print off an updated weather forcast. Warm and sunny with a chance of showers, every day for the next week, just like it had said for the past couple days, but she still had to keep it updated. She grabbed the printed sheed and took it outside, shutting the door behind her, and attached it to the covered bulletin board with a thumbtack, covering the one from yesterday. "Alright, let's go see who showed up during the night." The words were barely out her mouth before Flopsy was jumping with joy around her feet as she tried to walk. She sighed with relief when Cleo, her houndoom, joined them on the main road around the campsite and Flopsy gave up on trying to play with her shoelaces to play with Cleo instead.
Jackie and her trio of canine Pokemon were waking up in the RV. She had come in late in the night but thankful she made it. She looked out her window with the light of the sun illuminating the campsite. Sighing in relief when she saw RV hook ups another bit of light caught her eye, the neon 'Open' sign. She didn't want to stay where she parked for long but also didn't want to walk in looking like she literally rolled out of bed. Luckily her time in the field turned her into a morning routine fiend as she quickly filled bowls for the group and took an army shower. After about ten minutes she was showered, dressed, and had her hair done. Her trio was also done eating. Satisfied that she didn't look unprofessional she turns to the group, "I'll be right back, I need to talk to the camp manager and see where I need to park." The two oldest understood but Frigg was still young and ran up to the dining room window to watch Jackie as she went out of the RV. Walking up to the building she noticed a woman and two Pokemon, "Good morning, are you the camp manager?"
Phaedra ambled over to an RV parked in one of the few parking lots, that hadn't been there yesterday evening, just in time for a woman to step out and ask if she was the manager "I sure am, my name's Phaedra. Did you arrive last night?" she replied, "You can go ahead and pick any site you like. RV hookups and pullthroughs are on the right, and tenting sites are on the left. We've got forest sites here, but if you follow the road along," she paused to point down the road that quickly disappeared behind the trees, "we have open field sites that overlook the lake and glacier, depending on if you want shade or a view." She finished her normal shpiel with a smile when she noticed the grey, fluffy pokemon watching them out the RV window "Aww, you've got an adorable little fluffball there!"
Jackie smiled as the manager introduced herself, "That I did! It was pretty late but this area is very well maintained so finding the enterance wasn't hard." She looked at the two areas and saw where the RV hook ups were nodding with satisfaction. "You have a pretty big area! I'm here for work so I was wondering after I set up the RV I can talk to you about the Pokemon herds that wander the area?" After the shpiel and her question her Pokemon became the center of attention. She was always fine with that as she giggled. "Thank you! That little love bug is Frigg. I have two others in there as well, Mightyenas, Thor and Odin. I'm currently training Frigg for field work." She looks to Phaedra's Pokemon, "You have some cuties as well! What are their names?"
"My buizel's Flopsy and Cloe's my houndoom. I've also got a sawksbuck around somewhere called Cedar. He's got a halter on so he should be easy enough to spot from the wild ones. You said you're here for work? Are you with the Fed's? They usually send someone around this time of year to do counts, but we also get researchers from the closest university too," she replied Flopsy, finally noticing another person, rolled away from Cleo and bounded over to her "Hey, gentle!" Phaedra quickly barked. Flopsy skidded to a stop less than a foot away from Jackie and almost delicately sniffed her shoe before looking up with big, doe eyes "Sorry about her, you're training you're poochyena up, and I'm doing the same with her. You know how it is," she said with a wry grin Cleo, on the other hand, ignored them all in favour of cocking a leg by one of the many bushes.
Jackie was enthralled with Phaedra's Pokemon as she squatted down to see if Flopsy wanted some pets. "Oh yeah, training can be tough, especially with young ones. What is she in training for?" Then after her she realized that she knew everyone's name and the camp manager knew everyone's name but hers. "Oh! Where are my manners! My name is Jackie!" She laughed a little, "When talk of Pokemon come up I just forget about everything but the Pokemon." After standing back up she nods remembering the question she was asked,"My work? Yup, I'm with the Fed's. Time for yearly counts. But I'm also here to train and relax." She stifles a yawn, "Sorry about that, I haven't had my morning coffee!"
"Nice to meet you Jackie," she yawned, "Hah, now you've got me doing it. My pokemon work double-time as wild pokemon security, and ambassedor pokemon. Mostly they help keep dangerous pokemon out of the camp with scent marking, patrolling, and so on, and greet guests politely, and without jumping on them, which as you can see in her case, is still a bit of work in progress." Flopsy had calmed down a little, standing up on her hind legs to better receive the all important head scratches, but still wiggled in place and clearly still wanted to climb Jackie's leg. "We should let you get going. We'll be around doing rounds so you'll see us later, and if you ever need me and can't find me, the office has my phone number and there's a radio there too if you don't have signal or don't want to use your minutes," she explained, sipping her thermos of coffee now that Jackie'd reminded her that she had it.
Jackie listened as she described the jobs of her Pokemon. She laughed a little when she mentioned the greeting guests. Thinking that Frigg and Flopsy could have a play date later she smiled. "Thank you letting me know about the number. My job provides me with a satellite phone so I'll be able to contact you. I also have a hot spot in the RV for work so that'll be no problem." Seeing her sip her coffee then reminded Jackie of her lack of coffee. "I'll see you later." She walked to her RV and decided to take the hook up closest the office. Her RV was pretty big, made a little bigger with her ATV attached to the back. She threw on a pot of coffee, picked up the empty bowls, and went outside to hook up the RV. Looking at the attached ATV she decided coffee was needed first before getting the ATV work ready. She went inside and poured her cup and mixed her creamer. Taking a sip she sighed in relief, "Phew, I needed that." A whine came close to the door as her need was taken care of, other needs needed to be met. "Gah! I'm so sorry!" She ran to the door and let the three out to do their business. The group didn't want to come in right away, as they needed to stretch their legs. Jackie went outside and put on their high vis collars, "Okay, I'm going to make my breakfast so don't go far." The three looked at her with tails wagging as they went around the RV sniffing the new area.
As Jackie headed back inside her RV, Phaedra and Flopsy continued their way down the loop road to check the rest of the sites. It would take her about twenty minutes to amble along it, ten if she actually walked at a decent pace, but it was first thing in the morning! She wasn't going to do that! "Flopsy, heel," she said in her authority-voice as she started walking. She didn't object to her pokemon running around when they went places, as long as they would follow her when told to. There was no real reason for it right now apart from practice so, when they were half way around the loop, she let Flopsy run off into the bushes. When she entered the trees again past the lake her sawsbuck, Cedar, was lying in the undergrowth less than a foot from the road, chewing up some leaves; or was possibly cudding, you never knew with some pokemon. He swallowed it when he saw her and climbed to his feet. "Hey buddy," she crooned, rubbing his velvety nose, "have a good night?" He head butted her chest, leaving a green streak behind, though it was barely visible on her faded tie-dye shirt. "Looks like it. Wanna come with?" she asked as she bagan to walk forward again. Cedar snorted, pulled a mouthful of leaves off a bush, and chewed them up as he casually followed her along the road.
Cleo watched PHaedra and Flopsy walk off and the new human head back into her RV. She would have gone with her people, but this RV was new and had to be investigated properly- which was promptly interrupted by it rumbling to live. She backed off the road, knowing that the things moved when they sounded like that. A moment later she was proved correct, and followed it from the daily parking area to the closest camping spot. She watched from a sunny patch on the road as the woman let out three pokemon, all of them dogs, just like her. She then left the RV itself to collar the three of them with collars that practically glowed against their dark grey fur. Guest pokemon. That was fine. As they sniffed around the site unsupervised, she walked down the dirt driveway to the site, head held high but with her tail wagging; a carefully calculated combination of territoriality and offer of, if not actual friendship, then at least acceptance.
Jackie started to make her breakfast of steak and eggs as she put on some music. High enough so she can hear but low enough to hear her Pokemon outside. She even danced a little as she seasoned her meat. As she sat down at the table she decided to plan her day. She took out her smart phone and opened a daily planning app. "Hmm, I should probably clean the house up first before anything. That way I'm truly ready for work." She started typing each room separately; bedroom, Odin's room, Thor's room, Frigg's room, dining room, kitchen, and driving area. Then typing in washing clothes and dishes. She looked at her list and then the rest of her food, "Well, the RV isn't going to clean itself." She started eating and drinking the rest of her coffee, she was going to need all the protien and caffine she could get. The three canines were sniffing about as they made their way a little further away from the RV. Thor realized they were getting a little far and barked at the two. Odin stopped and looked back and saw they were getting far and turned back. Frigg turned but wanted to keep going. She tried to be sneaky and tried to hide in a bush but her collar caught on a branch. She whimpered knowing she was stuck. Thor was used to Frigg's antics and troted over to her. He looked at the branch and bit it off, freeing her. She shook her then looked at Thor who stared her down. She knew she did wrong as she tucked her tail and lowered her ears as Thor followed behind her back to the RV. As the three were at the RV a Houndoom came with her tail wagging but an air of authority to her. Odin was the first to see her as he started to wag his tail. Thor and Frigg saw Odin's stance change and looked over. Frigg wanted to meet this new Pokemon but Thor stared her down again like a father reminding his pup that she was still in trouble. She laid down as she saw Thor make his way next to Odin. Both boys troted to Cleo to say hi. Odin's tail was wagging still but Thor was still reserved.

Pages: 12345

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2022 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | WikiGet shortlink for this page