PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Shiny Chains?

Forum Index > Core > Help >

VanïllaDemon's AvatarVanïllaDemon
I've just recently got my PokeRadar and according to the Pokefarm wiki I can only chain up to 38 Pokemon without HyperMode. I was wondering if after the 38th Pokemon, the chain resets immediately?
  • A little about me
  • Click!
  • Credits
Vanilla - She/Her 5 hours behind server time Type Race:
Current Score: 0
[ My Journal ] About PMs
You can PM me, but I may not respond.
|| About Battles
Just send the request!
|| Hunts
Current Hunt - N/A For full hunt log, visit here
Most Recent Special hatched
Everstone

Everstone

Special Evolution Item

(: 0)

A peculiar stone that prevents a Pokémon from evolving when Held.

Sells for 250

Lv. 49 — 2,400 / 7,437
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryAspear Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryCheri Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
IceWater
Happiness 27%
Naïve nature
Icon by me! :3
Myself20's AvatarMyself20
No. The chain would show something like this:
Myself20
Myself20 is not my real name, it's my username; I honestly don't feel that comfortable putting my real name on here
• She/Her Trade Shop Hey! I'm Myself20! I'm just here to have a good time ❤
ValleryP's AvatarValleryP
It will not reset what that meant was that for non-HM users their maximum boost of 1,277% (it's rounded up on the wiki) will be reached after you hatch 38 eggs.
This is another kind of related question but what is a "Long Chain Bonus"?
Mystera's AvatarMystera
The long chain bonus starts when you hit 100 eggs hatched and increases with every additional 100 eggs. It slightly increases your odds of hatching a melanistic Pokemon, assuming you have the albino radar active. (melans are what happens when an egg hatches as both shiny and albino at the same time and are dark or black in color) This Wiki page talks about the mechanics of it.
My Shop ~ Journal (Avatar by CosmicDiamond; edited sprites in sig by me.)
Two more questions! Are you able to hunt both Alolan Vulpix and regular at the same time without them overwriting each other or do they qualify as two separate Pokemon? Also on my shiny's history, it says it was 1/56 in chain, but according to the shiny hunting page it was hatched 57/38 in chain. What does that number refer to?
Summerstrider's AvatarSummerstrider
1. I believe they count as different pokemon! 2. 1/56 in chain means the number of shinies in a chain(in this case, 1). 57/38 means the number of eggs hatched in the chain.
Purrloin and Glaceon icon is by @Ninetails19, ordered on the PMGW!
Score: 0
Tarashia's AvatarTarashia
1. They count as different. The easiest way to tell is if they have separate egg dexes. So Nidoran M/F and the Shellos forms can be hatched in the same chain, but the Alolan/Galar forms, PFQ variants and their cannon bases, and Unown letters cannot. 2. 1/59 means that was the first shiny in your chain, and was the 59th egg hatched. The 57 in 57/38 is how many eggs you've hatched in your current chain, and the 38 is representing the shiny bonus level you're on, achieved after hatching at least 38 eggs. For non-HM users, 38 is the max, while HM users get 40. (The difference is bigger than it sounds, since the boost growth is non-linear)

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2021 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | WikiGet shortlink for this page