PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Keep Expired Threads Visible to Authors

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions >

MegaPlays's AvatarMegaPlays
This is basically suggesting that for deleted posts that the author of said post can still see the contents of their thread despite it being deleted. I am suggesting it because I want to repost posts I make on the Trade forum that reach 14 days but it's annoying that once the post expires, I have to remake the post from memory instead of simply copy and pasting the expired post onto a fresh one. What this suggested would do is allow the author of an expired post to still be able to see the contents of the original post, so if they want to repost it, they can do it much easier. Obviously, the original post would still be classified as deleted and cannot be edited or added to the whole thread, but allowing the author to see what the post's contents were makes reposting much easier, especially more in depth posts that take some time to make
Vaporeon26's AvatarVaporeon26
You could also just ask a staff member to undelete the thread and once you're done with it delete it yourself as long as you have the link they can undelete it
Avatar credit can be found in my journal under the art tabs
signature by Kattscribbles, with help from Wardove. Official Pokemon Art
SakuraWolf23's AvatarSakuraWolf23
There is also the option of saving it in the Template section. That's what I do for Auctions. Just a copy/paste, change the Pokemon and end date, and voila, done!
Aliit Ori'shya Tal'din || Tai'shar Manetheren! SamanthaNBishop on Archive of our Own and Wattpad! Gaming || Writing || Pokemon Fan Fic: Angel of the Shadows Avatar of Trainer, Alexandria "Angel" Flamel, by Me Banner for me by Furret on PokeHeroes. Do not use without permission.
this would be extremely convenient, support! i know there's always asking a mod to undelete it, or saving the post as a template, but... there's nothing horribly wrong with a timesaver like this.
  • Misc.
  • Important Mons
i'm mike. it/its. credits | journal | art showcase (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ︵ ┻━┻ will buy these
Toxel's AvatarToxel
support! it makes sense to me that the person who wrote the post should get to "keep it" and look back on their thread for whatever reason Although in the case of the trade forum, I don't think immediately reposting those threads after deletion is allowed? not 100% sure on this Edit: maybe, if someone wanted to stay subbed to find it more easily, these threads also shouldn't count towards the subscription limit since the reason there even is a subscription limit wouldn't be an issue with these threads that no one can post in? I'm always subbed to the maximum number of threads and I wouldn't want most of those to be taken up by deleted threads Though there aren't many reasons i can think of that you would need to stay subbed to these threads for a long time so maybe it doesn't matter XD
Journal avatar: game screenshot edited by me
arbor's Avatararbor

QUOTE originally posted by Sei

Okay, so there are a ton of trade threads. Just so you guys are informed, threads that have had the life span of two weeks will be deleted. In theory, these are only temporary threads, and to be fair, two weeks is long enough for a thread that's meant to be a quick trade or swap. If you're looking for longer thread life, please go to the trade shops forum.
I’m not saying that’s a reason for this suggestion to be rejected, but you shouldn’t be consistently re-making the exact same 14 day trade thread. It should be a shop.
arbor ☼ journal: 506 “The tides are in our veins, we still mirror the stars, life is your child, but there is in me, older and harder than life and more impartial, the eye that watched before there was an ocean.”
credit
Background from freepik.com F2U code by Gumshoe
Zorana Dragon's AvatarZorana Dragon
Suport, but to an extent. You can't edit the thread. Maybe a view BBcode option would replace the edit option so the code can be accessed still. This should be limited to particular groups, such as trade shops, art shops, and journals. These are just the ones I thought of, there's more that could probably be added to this. One off threads that aren't being used don't have anything important on them in most cases anyways. I feel that most threads should still have a time limit before being 'permanatly' deleted. Though not too short, especialy when it comes to journals because they hold alot more information and such. The reason threads are removed is to save on server space and to keep things clean. But I can understand why someone would like to still see their old shops and such. Or maybe someone wants to start a new journal so it's neater. Letting them still look at their old threads lets them transfer old information to the new ones without leaving the old one there. In the journals case, lets them do so without breaking the one journal rule, or having to copy everything somewhere else and then coppy it all again.
Zorana • 20 • He/They/She • Avatar by me • TR Score: 0 Please don't quote my replies that have code, it'll break them. Journal

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page