PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Rework Wishforge process

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Completed >

Pages: 123··· 111213

Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
Oh boy, I have bad memories of posting here XD Nevertheless, I am cautiously optimistic about this one, because looking back on it, the current way is a bit... silly. I'm very happy with the system of getting Gems from hatching Eggs, as this allows trading with others to get progression that way. Same for the relics, I'm fine with that. But the evolutions thing is... not working out. Honestly it's ridiculous that you need to keep fields upon fields of Pokémon ready-to-evolve just so that you have them when you eventually get the Gems you need. It was a good idea in theory, but in practice it's just a hassle for the players. I do want to keep the idea of having something to do during the crafting process, so the idea I've had is as follows: Replace "evolve Pokémon of the badge's type" to "interact with Pokémon of the badge's type." The numbers may increase since interacting with stuff is a lot easier than evolving, but otherwise the system would be the same in theory. Thoughts?
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
shadowofzeref's Avatarshadowofzeref
I love this idea! Buying fields as they go up in price just to accommodate for my "WF/Temp Dump ##" waiting for so-close-yet-so-far badge upgrades does feel a bit taxing 😅 (granted it's a personal choice, but a popular one as you implied). And anything to encourage more interactions is always a good thing in my opinion.
Gumshoe's AvatarGumshoe
please save me I'd absolutely love for this change, anything, something that isn't as excruciating as RTE is right now ;;w;; The lack of being able to trade multiple pokemon at once combined with needing to do every evo individually isn't...fun. At all. It's just so, so time consuming and field consuming and I'd so, so much rather spend that time doing something more...active? Direct? So 100% support, hoowee
"Who knows? That guy...always keeps you waiting."
Chicken ★ 27 ★ they/them journal shop art shop
credit
★ pfp by me ★ sig img from Metal Gear Solid 2 ★ sig code by me
OceanBound's AvatarOceanBound
I've just come back to the site, and I'm finding the task a bit daunting. I'm at 20 Pokemon for my Ghost Badge, and tbh that's a bit ridiculous—especially if that number is only going to increase (which I would imagine it would). And evolving the same Pokemon (depending on what's available) is really tedious. I feel interactions is definitely a better idea. I'm finding the site much more enjoyable now than when I left, and I think the Wishforge does need an overhaul. And it's nice seeing you want to rework it. Honestly, even if the interactions got really high, I think it's worth it, because interactions is what drives this site. Therefore I think it's a brilliant idea.
Mikkü's AvatarMikkü
YES. I LOVE this. I just love this. It is so much better and promotes interacting with other users quite heavily. Better health for the site overall, in my opinion. (Plus fields are so expensive, it's difficult to keep the amount you need free for evolutions) I may have full wishalloy, however I would love getting badges past wishalloy but I have been dreading it. It'd be great for newer users too - I'd be interested to see how you implement this and what the new stats would be. Edit; in turn of it being a bit easier to gain (more interactions needed and such) do you think you would change the required gems as well? Not to mention would you get more or less points towards a non-evolved pokemon/an evolved one or would they all give the same points? I assume a dual type would count as the same amount of points as if it were just a single typing since that's currently how it works? (Grass/Steel evo would count for Grass/Steel) or would dual typing give less? Hopefully that made sense. I look forward to the possibility of this being implemented, it sounds amazing and I really hope it happens! Edit 2; Also love the Egg addition! That sounds really great as well to help with interactions even further.
------------------- -------------------
credit
F2U code by Gumshoe Edited by me with permission Further credits in "About Me"
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
Bonus idea: Eggs count for like 10x as much, but only if you have them registered in your EggDex. This means parties aren't penalised, and EggDex completion has an additional benefit.
shadowofzeref's Avatarshadowofzeref

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

Bonus idea: Eggs count for like 10x as much, but only if you have them registered in your EggDex. This means parties aren't penalised, and EggDex completion has an additional benefit.
Could you elaborate on what this means? I'm a bit (re: a lot) confused on the wording
Eggy's AvatarEggy
I think that'd work out pretty great. I don't have as many Pokemon, and in fact there's some of the more basic badges that are still constructing for me, because I lack the Pokemon needed to finish them and I even completely forgot about them. I feel that changing it to interactions instead of evolutions would not only make the process simpler but also promote interactions as people would start clicking each other in order to help with badge construction.
Signature is to be refactored Avatar: Made by Res0nare
OceanBound's AvatarOceanBound

QUOTE originally posted by BrinnaSilvio

I can throw in support. I also don't mind doing evolutions, but do think the numbers should be nerfed to go a bit easier on field space, if so.
Normally I'd agree, but the screenshot that Gumshoe shared and the numbers they have to do is... a bit ridiculous tbh. 860 normal evolutions? That's absurb. Sure you can always trade for RTE Pokemon and such, but. That's a bit out there expecting users to do that much. Sure, the benefits for doing this are great. But... those numbers are absurd. I definitely like the interactions better—seeing as how that's how you hatch eggs and level Pokemon up. I feel evolutions, while good in theory, just don't work out with the numbers of the current wishforge. So unless he really overhauled those numbers, I feel like switching to interactions is a much better idea.
Shads42's AvatarShads42
Disclaimer: I am writing this post with voice recognition software, so I apologize for any weird spelling or formatting errors. I definitely fully support this. I don't even have crazy high wishforge badges, but getting all the evolutions is really hard. I'm a college student in a demanding degree, I don't have a lot of time to raise Pokémon on this game. Changing it from evolutions to interactions not only makes it easier for people like me, but it also encourages people to interact with one another more. That being said, if it does get changed, I would like to see perhaps a change to the accessibility of clicking. Currently the "drag and hold a berry" accesibililty method is much slower to do then clicking the mouse or pressing the corresponding number key, which can definitely be a bit frustrating if one's doing a large amount of clicking. I don't *know* if it's possible to make it respond a bit faster so it's more equal, but I think if it is possible that would definitely make an interaction-based wishforge more accessible to disabled users.
  • About Me
  • My Shops
  • Cool Pokemon
Disabled college student studying computer science Asexual, Demiromantic, Demigirl (she/her or they/them plz) Type Race: 0 points Open to sparring, doing delta clicks for delta clicks, and massclicking
My trade shop, run in conjunction with my cousin KaidaMcWoomy: [link] My art shop: [link]
I really like Salamence, Sandaconda, Dratini, Dragonair, Mightyena, Poochyena, Spheal, Seel, Rayquaza, and any members of their evolutionary line (aside from dragonite). One day I hope to be able to hord a bunch of them ^_^

Pages: 123··· 111213

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page