PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Change Contest Results Format

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions >

YuBeace's AvatarYuBeace
Hi there, I'm having a tough time with the contest result page. While it's pretty decent as it is and there is definitely a need for the information that's on there, one thing stands out to me like a sore thumb. The problem? The immediate feedback of your score. You see, I've done rather well these contests. Often getting in the top 10% or higher. I love the way I dressed up my Pokémon. I feel good about it. Proud, even. I'm happy with the result and happy with the way it looks. But then comes the italic feedback of the area you needed more points for. Looks like your [insert round here] score let you down! Try this thing to do better!. It sours the mood, I'm already happy with the way I participated, my score super decent. This is just straight up discouraging. I think this is probably the way an NPC told you this in the original DPP games? But it's a huge downer to see it every time. Maybe make it a less obvious feedback sentence, or even an optional one? We already have the coloured bars to see what the least strong contest round was, right? I don't know when the "Looks like this score let you down" even goes away, but it sure didnt at top 8%, which I really feel like it could have... I just don't need to see it when I'm already satisfied. I wonder if I'm the only one bothered by this, but I wanted to put this out here.
Current avatar: Official sprite from Golden Fantasia
Entraptacat's AvatarEntraptacat
It's for the beauty/smart/cool etc things. Having Max stat in the one you're in is what takes away the message. I'm sorry you take the message so deeply, I do not.
YuBeace's AvatarYuBeace

QUOTE originally posted by Entraptacat

It's for the beauty/smart/cool etc things. Having Max stat in the one you're in is what takes away the message. I'm sorry you take the message so deeply, I do not.
Sometimes it's the popularity vote or the dress-up round that the message is mentioning. So you're not really correct. Good for you that you're not bothered by the message. I know most people probably don't care. But some people do.
I'd support some rewording. Getting a sad type message when you get into a high percentage can be discouraging. Perhaps changing the wording at 50% and 10% to show growth/doing well. Also what does it say when you win? If the message doesn't change then then it probably should be tweaked.
Looking for anyone who would be willing to IV breed Petal Maravol.
JewelLlama's AvatarJewelLlama
I support. Because of it, I started doing less and less on the contest. Everytime I see the result I feel let down and it made me think, "What am I missing? Why didn't I do well like it asked for?". That got me anxious and worried for a little while. That's part reason why I don't want to do the contest. I hope they can get it reword and make everyone feel ok and less worries so they can doing it again next time.
credit
Chibi artist by Silver Raven Background by Arkeis F2U code by Gumshoe
SakuraWolf23's AvatarSakuraWolf23
Support the rewording! For most people, things like this wouldn't be a problem at all. However, there are many, especially those who regularly deal with feelings of self-doubt/worthlessness, who the wording would greatly affect. Every failure in games should be designed to encourage someone to try harder and never give up. Not make them feel like they will never in a million years accomplish their goal. Suggested rewordings: You've got talent there. Keep at it! Your photo brought tears to my eyes. Take this as thanks! Job well done! I just know you'll be a star one day!
Aliit Ori'shya Tal'din || Tai'shar Manetheren! SamanthaNBishop on Archive of our Own and Wattpad! Gaming || Writing || Pokemon Fan Fic: Angel of the Shadows Avatar of Trainer, Alexandria "Angel" Flamel, by Me Banner for me by Furret on PokeHeroes. Do not use without permission.

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page