PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Ability to hide parts of Pokemon History

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions >

Pages: 123

x Arlecchinø's Avatarx Arlecchinø
I've heard of PFQ users who prefer to keep a "clean history" and as somebody who dextrades their beloved specials the trades are a bit annoying. So what if you could toggle to have certain items in history be non-visible to the average user? I think the egg hatch/obtain and any conditions for it (aka the "shiny/albino hatched" part) should be unable to turn off. (because there isn't much reason somebody would want to anyways) personally i'm in favor of the the toggles being saved to the indivual player and not reset, or reset if released. pros: "clean history" = more incentive to help users with dex trades doesn't affect much generally aesthetically pleasing cons: could be used maliciously (hide history only to discover it's been dexed 40 times when traded?) fix: users can view history either in trade or just toggle it on the page itself

ALTERNATE IDEAS

QUOTE originally posted by Hayashi Rin

This could simply be turned into a client-side option turned on in the..Options page. "Hide Pokemon History", thus any user viewing a Pokemon will still see every Pokemon's history, but any individual that doesn't want to see a Pokemon's history can simply turn the setting off. Plus side of that would mean it could be "permanent" (in that you never have to see it if you don't want to), thus even those who hated seeing it may not mind buying dex traded Pokemon because they never have to see who it was traded with if they don't want to. Pros: Never having to see the histories if you don't want to. Cons: Not being able to see the histories when/if you wanted to without having to change the option every time. Unfortunately having it on a "per Pokemon basis" is just impractical from the site's point of view. It adds more clutter having to have the option per-Pokemon, makes it a bit tedious to have to go through each one you want to hide to hide it. The server would have to save the information on which users are hiding which Pokemon out of the millions of Pokemon on site..It's one of those things that's all or nothing. Just an idea. Alternatively, pretty sure this could be made into a UserScript by a user themselves with the knowhow. Maybe it could be added to the QoL UserScript already available by the site in the UserScript section of the options or added on its own if enough people want it.

QUOTE originally posted by OceanBound

Personally, I like the idea, but this wouldn't solve the problem for me if it's still there (even if hidden). Instead, perhaps there could be a trade history section separate from the timeline that could be in a collapsible area? I'd prefer that. Then the timeline is clean, but the trade history is moved and still visible in a collapsible area where everyone can see (or a toggle, since I like that part of the idea).
cy/fev. he/they pronouns. find me at @scorkaji on discord if you need me
King's Shield

King's Shield

Forme-Change Item

(: 0)

A mysterious shield that enervates attackers. Aegislash could make good use of this.

Sells for 500

Lv. 100 — +9,668,146
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
ElectricDark
Happiness 27%
Calm nature
Lv. 100 — +11,152,018
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
DarkFlying
Happiness 27%
Rash nature
Lv. 100 — +5,498,002
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Fairy
Happiness 27%
Impish nature

avatar from Hazbin Hotel s1e8 pkmnpanel code
quick bump~
bump~
bump~ maybe there could be an option to view hidden parts of history from a user?
bump~~
bump~
thenamesh's Avatarthenamesh
No support, as this feature could be used to hide the fact that the Pokémon in question used to belong to someone else which could be a problem if, say, a person asking for a dex trade decides to keep the Pokémon for themselves instead of returning it.
support this would help lots of people and as someone who likes a clean history it would be very useful to thenamesh-if this were to be implemented the mods would 100% get the option to view the history
made by the amazing BlueAssassin247
Made by kitty00829 (Pyra) at ☼ Solar Eclipse Sprites ☾ .
made by the amazing GalactÎcGlacÎfur
The current king
The current Queen
MajikkanCat's AvatarMajikkanCat
What if the history was just in a hidebox?

Kind of like this?

blah blah blah meow meow meow lorem ipsum sample text
That would kind of solve both problems: clean page, accessible history.
Avatar by me picturing Mewvee (Pokémon fusion OC)
Shiny Stone

Shiny Stone

Evolution Stone

A bright stone that shines with a dazzling light.

Sells for 1,500

Lv. 100 — +361,897
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Psychic
Happiness MAX
Docile nature
Everstone

Everstone

Special Evolution Item

A peculiar stone that prevents a Pokémon from evolving when held.

Sells for 250

Lv. 100 — +243,823
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Psychic
Happiness MAX
Gentle nature

QUOTE originally posted by thenamesh

No support, as this feature could be used to hide the fact that the Pokémon in question used to belong to someone else which could be a problem if, say, a person asking for a dex trade decides to keep the Pokémon for themselves instead of returning it.
my suggestion covers this by saying certain things can't be disabled- mostly the hatching history. @maji i was thinking in the owner page a little eye you could press to hide it, and then any users who are curious could perhaps open a menu that says "see full history"

Pages: 123

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page